Day in Cork night in Dublin


 Our first day of the trip was wonderful! We got off to a late start due to wanting to sleep in, but then we headed off to the Blarney Castle where the famous Blarney Stone is located. The castle was beautiful and we climbed a ton of stairs to get to the top where you lay on your back, put your head back, and kiss the stone that gives you the gift of Gab and eloquence and a bunch of other myths are attached to it. We then had fun taking pictures at the top and on grounds and it was all so beautiful. We then headed back to Cork and parked the car and set out on foot to explore the town. 

We went to Oliver Plunkett street which was voted the cutest street in Ireland and it didn't disappoint. We ate at the Oliver Plunkett Pub and I tried striking up conversation with the cute little old lady next to us but I could barely hear her.. so that didn't go as well as planned. We then got some souvenirs, and walked to the Shandon Bells to ring some catchy tunes through the whole town. Pretty cool thing to do! Then we took a beautiful walk to the University of Cork which had amazing architecture and there was a bunch of students lined up passing out candy and trying to get you to vote for someone for presidents of different clubs. We chatted with a few of them, ate their candy, & got them to impersonate American accents. It was such an amazing campus and we all wish ASU looked something like that. After that it was time to pack up and head to Dublin! It was a 2 hour & 45 minute drive and scenery was amazing! It was the stuff you see in movies and what we pictured Ireland to be like! We got to our next AirBNB place around 8:00pm and they told us to park on Oriel street and when we were driving down that there were 2 cops looking at someone's car and I had to feeling to ask if this street was safe to park on. The cop said, "oh no, not at night, cars get broken into and it's not the best place to be walking." So we were grateful for that advice and found a spot that was lit up more, closer, and in front of a parking garage. The person in front of us said that we had to move it by 7:00am so it wouldn't get clamped, but that was fine with us if it meant free, safe, & close parking. We walked to the Subway store where Maria told us to meet her and waited for about 5 minutes and kept looking at people like are you her? Are you her? Eventually she came and her place was very nice and spacious. We then went to the Celt Pub cause we heard they had music and good food, but we had horrible service when first getting there so after waiting for a while we left to go eat somewhere else and ended up at an Italian place that was delicious. After that we went back to sleep and I had the air mattress that night and it was FREEZING the whole night. I had my PJ's, heavy jacket on, the airplane blanket, and then 2 towels on top of me. I felt like I got no sleep that night because I was shivering the whole time, but Ky & Haley said I snored a little bit so that's good that I slept? But it was the worst night of sleep of my life! Anyways other than that it was a wonderful day! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays