October Beginning of Holidays
First day of the month and we had the Bodine ladies over for sister lunch which was really refreshing since we had been home all week not feeling good. It was a good time like always, I’m glad to have them as my sister in laws! Friday we did pickleball with the Skousen’s, Packard’s, and Standage’s for date night and it was super fun to be active and have a group date night! Saturday I had a Romanian Pentecostal wedding that was from 8:30am-7:30pm. It was looong but fairly easy since there is a lot of driving to different locations. It was also conference so I listened to a little bit during the drives. Sunday we started potty training... again. We woke up and “threw” the diapers away and made Myla say goodbye to them and she gladly did. Then we put on underwear and told her to tell us every time she has to go. She had about 7 accidents that day which is normal cause I was pumping her with water & juice all day to make her pee more. It was really nice to have Lucas here on day 1 because he would clean up all the pee and accidents while I was helping her. My family came over for the afternoon session of conference which was really good. Then we made they chicken satay for dinner and they all liked it. It was a lot of labor to make the sauce but it was worth it because it tasted way more authentic than the store bought stuff. Monday was day 2 of potty training and it was pretty similar to day 1, maybe a few less accidents but it didn’t seem like things were clicking. She kept her crib dry during the night & during her nap which I was surprised. Then that night we went to the Klein’s to celebrate Olive’s birthday with pizza and cake. Tuesday was day 3 and she had an accident in the morning but then zero accidents the rest of the day. She started telling me every time the rest of the day! In was so shocked and excited that day 3 was actually the magic day and she was “potty trained”. One funny moment was she finally had to poop this day and when she felt it coming she asked for her diaper and said she needed it to poop. She was looking all over the house for a diaper but I told her we threw them away and we didn’t have any more. So finally i was able to get her on the toilet and a huuuuge poop slid right out (since she had been holding it for a while) she was scared at first but then I freaked out with excitement and told her how amazing she was and then she was excited that she did it. So Tuesday was a really great day over here. Wednesday I didn’t want to go anywhere too far are too long so we just went to pick up groceries and that was fine then we had Brad and Rachel over that night for dinner for his birthday and it was so nice to chat and hang out with them. Myla warmed up to them pretty quick too. Thursday we were more brave and went to the park with the Klein’s and Myla was successful with not peeing there.
Friday was Kennedy’s birthday so we had a girls brunch/spa morning and did yoga, ate food, and did facials and nails. That night we did a family date to Tijuana Taco and then floor and decor to look at flooring options for our house. Myla was in heaven there just running around and being outside the house since we have pretty much been home for 2 weeks. While she was running around she immediately stopped and then said “uh oh poop” and had a very concerned look on her face. So I picked her up and raced her to the toilet and as soon as she sat down a huuuuugee poop came out. I was so relieved we made it cause that would of been awful to cleanup. Then we went to a furniture store next door and actually found a bed set that we liked and bought it! Wasn’t planning on that but it was a good deal and the closest thing we have found that we like that also has storage so we jumped on it.
Saturday I had a wedding out in Gold Canyon and the bride was so friendly and adorable and the groom was something else... he was not very cooperative for pictures and wouldn’t rally smile and the first look was so so awkward and uncomfortable. Then during the reception he just was hanging by the bar smoking his cigars and drinking the whole time. I never saw him socializing with guests unless they were his groomsmen. It was so weird. But the wedding was low key and chill so it should be easy to edit. Sunday we went to church and to my parents for dinner.
Monday was Columbus day and Lucas had it off so we went on a short hike in Las Sendas. Myla did really well and was happy the whole time which makes it more enjoyable. When we got the to top Myla said she had to pee so I stripped her down and tried to get her to go but she didn’t feel comfortable and asked for a toilet. So we waited about 10 more minutes and just let her run around with no pants on to see if she would go but she wouldn’t. So we hurried back down to get to the truck because we brought the small potty so I thought she would go there. But again nothing, so then we hurried to the One Stop Nutrition to get smoothies and to have her go there and still nothing! So I was keeping her distracted in the back with watching videos of herself to hopefully make it home and luckily she did and had a lot to let go on her own toilet. Silly girl. That afternoon we went to our house with TC and Bobby to get measurements done for countertops and flooring and the house looked in great shape so we’re excited to get back in. Then we went to Cheesecake to celebrate Kennedy’s birthday. Tuesday we had the missionaries over for dinner and they are a pretty normal trio so conversation was easy and we liked getting to know them. Wednesday we went to the park and hung at the house. Thursday I had a bridal shoot in Sedona so I drove up there and listened to podcasts and then filmed for 1.5 hours then went and saw my dads recent job site since it was close by. Then grabbed lunch and headed home. Myla had a fun time with my mom and Kasey.
Friday we went to freestone park and Kelsey Eaton (now Wright) came to say hi because she was in town. It was so fun to see her and catch up and meet her husband. That night I also had a favorite things party with my cousins and it was a good time as always!
Saturday I went to the gym and took Myla for the first time since March! She cried when I first left but they never called me so she must of calmed down quickly. It felt so good to do a Cycle class again.
Then we came home cleaned the floors and did some chores then went to Grandma Erma Bodine’s 100 year birthday party. It was just a come and go gathering but she looked great and loved all the attention. Sunday we had church and it’s great being able to go every week again. Then we went to my parents for dinner again and played Kubb which was fun to show them!
Monday I picked up Emitt Tyler and took him to the park to give Anneliese a little break and to sleep since she just had a new baby. Tuesday I went and looked at Quartz options while Kennedy took Myla to Uptown Jungle. Wednesday Nanna watched Myla while I ran some errands. Thursday we went to a park and then to see Trennon new dog Skye which she is super cute and Myla loved her. Friday we went to the Gym and got ready for our Halloween party with friends.
Then everyone came over that night and we had fun eating, and playing games, and letting the kids play. Myla was the only little girl not in a princess dress. I felt so bad that she was an M&M but I don’t think she cared too much and i liked being able to all match.
Saturday we went to Alexis Bridal shower and then watched Beauty and Beast with my parents, and Nanna and Papa because they were all excited to see Myla watch it since it was my favorite when I was a little girl. You can tell she is the oldest and only grandchild. Sunday we had the Bodine’s over for dinner and Tyler smoked pork that was super tasty and then we played catch phrase and then Tyler and Micah gave Lucas a blessing for him to past his board exam this week and it was very special and he emphasized on having help from his ancestors which was neat.
Monday we went to Vertuccio Farms with Jess and Audrey and the kids had fun playing on all the rides and jumping things. That night we went to eat at Matty G’s then to Fat Cats to try and bowl and they don’t allow pogo passes after 5pm so that was a bummer. But Myla was interested in the arcade games so we just pretend played on all of those. Tuesday was Lucas big day to take his test. I was anxious all morning but I’m hopeful that he passed and we can close this chapter of school/work! We find out next week the results. Tuesday we just did the gym and park and hung out. Wednesday we went to the riparian preserve with Audrey and Laurén and the kids had fun running around.
That night I went to a witches night out with some girlfriends and we went to barrio queen and ate and chatted and took fun pictures and videos. Thursday we went to freestone park with Eryn and Jordan then to my moms in the afternoon to get some play dresses since Myla has been into wearing dresses lately. Friday we went to the gym & Costco and then that night there was an event at Krazy Air for O.U.R. and we had fun with Bromley & Kennedy and Kolstad girls.
Then Lucas and I went to the Skousen’s for a game night after. Saturday was Halloween and I woke up with the runs and threw up toast & vitamins. Lucas took Myla to Whitney’s while he ran some errands so I could rest at the house which was very needed. Then they got back and I took a 3 hour nap once Myla went down. Then we went to the Bodine Boo Bash party and I just sat and didn’t do much but it was nice to at least get out of the house and see all the kids dressed up. Then Lucas took Myla to a few houses in the Millett’s neighborhood. Then we went to our neighborhood and had the strength to go down our street with them. I’m glad Myla still had a fun time and hope next year I’ll be 100% so I can be more fun!





Comments
Post a Comment