28 Hours to Cork
Alright so Saturday morning Kylee and I left at 6:30am to drive to California to catch our ridiculously inexpensive RT flight to London we bought in November. The drive was good, both soooo tired but we made it in time to grab some lunch and get situated before an Uber car took us to the airport. Once getting to the airport, check-in was smooth and when they put my bag on the scale it said 15kg and I thought it was in pounds and I blurted out, "my bag is only 15 pounds?!!!" And then quickly the desk lady said, "no, it's in kilograms, Haha" I then said, "ohhhh I was going to say I did a real good job packing!" Typical blonde Trell moment. Then on to security and it was a pretty long line but we had the time so we weren't worried. Then I got my last FaceTime in with Lucas before the flight at 4:10pm. We flew on Air New Zealand and it was amazing. The chairs were roomy, the TV screens were big, they had good movie choices, they served us full cans of soda, provided dinner, and breakfast, and we loved all their accents! The flight went by fast when I was awake, and slow when I was trying to sleep. Kylee and I were able to entertain ourselves with face swap and games! We made it to London Heathrow 9.5 hours later at 10:00am on Sunday. We had plenty of time to get through customs, get our bags, & check in for our next flight to Cork. After all that we had about 1.5 hours to wait until boarding time. Kylee told me she is going to take a nap and set an alarm for 1:20 and I told her I probably won't actually fall asleep just lay here and close my eyes. Neither one of us were really sleeping, just laying there and I even looked at my phone at 12:55 and said okay 25 more minutes. Then the next thing I remember was Kylee pulling my blanket off of my face and saying, "Trellany grab your stuff we have to go! They're boarding our plane" I seriously felt like a zombie and was saying stuff and not making sense, I grabbed everything (I hoped) and started stumbling down the airport to our gate. I saw a fur hood on a black jacket and was following that person and then all of a sudden I hear Kylee yell, "TRELL over here" I was so confused cause I thought the person I was following was Kylee! So I manage to find my boarding pass and passport to give to the guy and Kylee and I are running down the ramp with blankets, pillows, & backpacks all over us cause. We get on the plane and everyone is seated ready to go, they were actually holding the plane for us. After we got seated I asked Kylee what the heck happened?! She said she didn't hear her alarm or pressed snooze and then heard over the intercom in her sleep "last call for Kylee Patterson and Guest to Cork" but didn't register what it was, then she woke up more and heard that phrase again and realized oh crap that's my name and we're going to miss our flight!! I started cracking up laughing and couldn't believe that just happened. It was hilarious now (since we made the flight) and we both were laughing hysterically for about 10 minutes just trying to picture how ridiculous we looked waking up and running to the gate. Ahhh the joys of traveling. We had a short flight to Cork and it felt SOO good to be done with flying for the day. We got the rental car and man is it so weird driving on the other side of the car and on the other side of the road. I have never driven so slow & cautious in my life. Luckily I didn't go down any wrong roads and made it safe and alive to the Airbnb apartment. We met Martina and Marco and they were a very nice newlywed couple from Croatia. They seriously were so welcoming and wanted to get to know us and what we did, and said to make ourselves feel at home. After chatting with them, we had to go pick up Haley from the airport. We parked in a parking garage and one sign said pay at the top so we drive all the way to the top of the garage and there is no pay station. We were ticked and were convinced we were locked in this car garage. I tried calling Martina to see if she knew how to get out but her phone wasn't working. So then we work our way down and there is another sign that says pay inside... Gah so it was where a pay station would normally be! That took us about 15 minutes to get out of there and we were finally off to get Haley! I was really excited to see her and was glad she made it safe (barely). Her plane had a rough landing. Then we got her unloaded at the Apt. And went to our first pub to eat and hear Irish music. For food we got Shepard's pie with Lamb, pork sliders, and a meat lover pizza. All were excellent. We were told that the music was going to start around 9:30-10ish and we waited, and waited, and waited, and it was 10:45pm and they had everything set up, but still not playing anything. We decided to leave cause we were so tired from he lack of sleep and figured we would catch it another night. So that was the end of our first travel day/night in Cork and lovin all the people here already!
Comments
Post a Comment