Funtastic Week



Well this week was a pretty dang good one. Everything was fun and went so well. First I didn't have my public speaking class which is my last class, so not having it let me out of class by 11 and I had the whole afternoon to myself! I went to the lake, worked out, talked to the Career Advisor, took a nap, and got caught up on some me time. Which I needed! Talking to the Career Advisor was extremely helpful! he got my name out to a bunch of different Event Planning companies so hopefully I will start volunteering with them and get my foot in the door with these people! I am excited!
This weekend I started my crafting/remodeling room craze and its so fun. I have had the same room since I was ten when I first moved in to the house and I am definitely sick of it and ready for change. Luckily Pinterest has gotten me into the crafting stage and its a blast! My mom and I went to Joanna's to get new fabric for my window valence which will be brown & pink with lace! (Pictures will come once it is done) then we found a cute & soft pink rose fabric to make a new blanket out of it! Can't wait for it to be DONE! Perfect for the winter! Then I rushed home to go carve some pumpkins at the Skousens house with some friends! Whitney and I (mainly whitney) carved a Snowman in our pumpkin! I pulled the seeds out and she did the carving, cause she knows I am not very artistic. Then we watched Insidious which is a scary movie, but I thought it was kind of dumb. There were jumping points leading up to the "scary scene" but the actual scene was not even scary. Definitely wont be seeing that again! 


Saturday was PRODUCTIVE! Got my scriptures read, homework done (my goal is to not do hw on sundays), then cleaned my room and bathroom and got a new bathroom decoration that I modpodge and began to paint my 3 shelves chocolate brown to go better with my room! Love it already! After stayin busy all day with that, the Epic Halloween Scavenger hunt began! There was about 20 guys and 6 girls that showed up to the church parking lot... I felt so bad for the guys that more girls didn't show up! We split up into teams and I was with Neal, Whitney, Jake, and Brad. We had a blast running all over town doing the things on the list. A few of them were, 2 teammates chug a monster, walk around Wal-Mart like Zombies, mummify a stranger, scare a stranger, trick or treat at a random house, tell a ghost story around a fire, picture in front of a tombstone, and etc. It was so much fun and we had such a good turn out and everyone loved it so were going to plan a Christmas/Hanukah Scavenger Hunt in two months :)  

Today I made the "Cookie Dough Dip" I saw on Pinterest which is made from ChickPeas, Almond Butter, Small amount of brown sugar, Splenda, and nonfat dry milk and holy cow is it GOOD! Seriously taste's just like Cookie Dough! I can't get over it! This creation is going to save my sweet tooth big time!
Next random side note is, that I love the people I work with, Paul, Luann, & Mindy are so great! They are so easy to get  long with, always pulling pranks on each other, and just make work a fun environment!
Thats it for the week! This week should be another jammed pack busy one, which is how I like it! Jessica came up with the Idea of doing a Zombie Prom this Friday, so hopefully that happens cause if so it will be SICK!! :)

Comments

  1. how fun! I definitely wanna see pictures of your room once you're done :) And the scavenger hunt looks so awesome!

    I'll definitely have to try the cookie dough..looks sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays