This place is Great.


So yesterday on our day off we went to this AMAZING waterfall hike!! I am not sure what it is called but the 4 of us and 2 other short term volunteers and one of the directors all went together. It was a pretty steep hike and with the altitude change it made it more difficult but the view was SPECTACULAR! Wow. Ecuador is SUCH a beautiful country. So green and mountainous and just awesome. It was very similar to Kauai. Then at the very end you reach these ginormous waterfalls that are bigger than the Napali coast one and I am assuming Havsuapi. Seriously beautiful. They were so full and powerful and just awesome! We are so glad we got to experience that sight. Along the hike the guy who lives at the bottom has two big dogs and they did the whole hike with us and the younger one was super hyper and obnoxious and would keep “squeezing” our calves and shoes when it wanted to go around us and it was so annoying. We all were tempted to push him off the cliff. Then after the hike we went to the man’s house and his wife cooked us fresh trout right from their pond in the front of their house. Boy was it GOOD!! Then they also served a Corn side with it and potato salad. Then we did a five minute walk up stairs to another waterfall that people usually jump off a rock into the pool and Haley was going to do it and we all thought she was crazy cause its FREEZING water, but when we got there the waterfall was so powerful and windy that they said it would be way to dangerous to jump in it. We were kind of bummed, because Chalae said it’s so funny to see people come out of the water cause their like in shock, but glad she decided to be safe. Then we did some more shopping, and eating and sightseeing. So that was Monday. Today, Tuesday was an interesting day. We went to Trinni, which is actually a Day Care, and I actually got to work with Paige, Haley, and Rachel this shift. It was SO much fun! These kids were adorable and super fun to play with. We also helped with breakfast and guess what they feed these children for breakfast? Popcorn and hot chocolate!! I was shocked! There is like no nutritional value to that meal. Ay yi yi. Then after breakfast we did an activity, cleaned up and went home for lunch. Then yesterday one of the orphans with a disability passed away. I never met him, but our 2nd shift at Azogas was canceled so we could all attend the funeral service. It was very nice, and the spirit was felt very strong there. Then we went to the cemetery and watched him be put into a wall thing and sang God Be With You Til We Meet Again. It was a cool experience to be apart of, probably cause I wasn’t attached to the boy so I couldn’t be too sad. But we are all just glad we have the plan of salvation and know that he has a free ticket to Heaven and is in a much happier place. Then after that we went to El Carbonza? (I think that’s what its called) with Pam & Julie and the Lee and Danika (directors) and they had burgers that were 2 for the price of 1. So a total of 5 bucks for 2 burgers! Haley and I both got the Chicken Hawaiian burger and boy was it GOOD!! Best thing I have ate here so far! Then we had general meeting tonight, which is where they talk about the issues of the house, food, and wants and needs of the children. Its pretty cool how they run this place! It’s very organized and just pretty great! So Tomorrow will be another full work day and I can’t wait to go back to Trinni and Esperanza now that I have a better feel of what to do J

Comments

  1. Oh Sweet Girl...how fun to read all that you doing and the wonderful experiences you are having. It sounds like so much fun...lots of hard work but you are blessing the children's lives in so many ways. Can't wait to see the pictures when you get home. We miss you lots but know that you are touching so many lives with your bright cheerful smile and the love that you have to share with all those wonderful children. Keep up the good work. I love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays