DAY 1 in the Orphanages
So today is Sunday and we went to Church at 8 am and what a cool experience! Even though I couldn't understand a single word, the spirit was still as strong as ever! I was able to do my own scripture study during the time which was great. After church we changed clothes and got on our bus to go to our first shift. So how the shifts work is there is about 2-4 volunteers per orphanage per shift. So sometimes girls will have a shift off. But my morning shift was at the OSSO Esperenza, which is an Orphanage OSSO has set up that houses disabled children. The one I was in had children ages i'm guessing 8-15 and one 26 year old. I am pretty sure they all have Cerbal Palsy? (However you spell that) So we helped with their showers, dressing, grooming, eating, and then of course loved them and played with them. I got to hold Martini for a good 45 minutes cause that is part of his therapy and I was totally fine with that! What a rewarding experience! After about 2 1/2 hours there we went back to our Casa for lunch and had an hour to spare. Then at 2 we left for our 2nd shift. This time I was at the Casa's which is the Catholic Orphanage that has the children ages 2-8 and boy were they FUN!! I felt right at home with these rascals! They were rambunctious and crazy and full of energy just like I am used to. They need so much love and I felt so grateful to work with them! After 3 1/2 hours there we left and headed home to a nice homemade Curry dinner made by some of the girls for combined Sunday dinner! Following the dinner there was a devotional by Abbey and Lexi and it was great. I love the spirit in the house and am grateful to be here. Every one has strong testimonies and such a great love for the children! I love being here and can't wait to get to know the kids even better! Tomorrow Me, Rachel, Paige, Haley, Pam and Julie have the day off for some reason... so were doing the optional waterfall hike that we heard is beautiful so we are pretty stoked for that! Well I am off again!
Ciao
Ciao
Comments
Post a Comment