Arrived and Alive in Ecuador

 Well I am here safe in Ecuador!! WOO! The day I left was such a long travel day! Good thing I had 3 friends to share it with. We left PHX airport at 7:25am and it was about a 3 hour flight to Atlanta, Georgia. Holy cow is that a nice, fancy airport!! It looked like a mall; it had all sorts of restaurants and high-class shops and what not. So after finding our next gate, (it was probably the farthest we could get from where we were), we had a 3 ½ hour wait til our next flight. So what did we do you might ask? Eat, and play Egyptian Ratscrew!! We were screaming and slapping the cards just as if we were at a house playing! Haha We may have gotten a lot of weird looks, but we had fun! Then we got on the plane for ECUADOR at 5:30!! It was about a 5 hour flight and they served us like a full course meal it was awesome! Then I tried watching the Tourists, and The Dilema but I fell asleep through both of them. Once arriving into Quito at 10:15pm we went through immigration and got out bags, except that Haley’s didn’t make it! L So that was a pain and another half hour in line to figure out what to do. Then we found our OSSO pick up directors and got into a tour van and took a short ride to the Quito house and got to talk to my parents then had a nice sleep! The next morning we woke up and got a ride to the airport from a local LDS man who works for the OSSO and he was super nice to get us off safe to Cuenca! We took a short 30 minute flight to Cuenca and I LOVE it here! So much more then Quito. It is a lot more country, and old town history feel. I feel safer here for sure. Once getting to the house (which is on an adorable street) we got settled in and met some of the girls who have already been here and they are all SO sweet!! Very welcoming and helpful! We had orientation on the rules, and what we will be doing exactly and I am so excited to get to work!! Then check this out, we have a little Ecuadorian Maid/Cook that makes us Lunch Everyday! Today she made Pizza that was probably the best I have ever had! It had fresh pineapples and onions on it like a sauce so it was super sweet, then cheese and ham on top! Then also Banana Milk J mmm. Then we walked around the city to the markets and stuff and already bought some way sweet stuff!! Everything is so cheap here, it’s fantastic! Then we got back to the house made dinner and then every Saturday the girls have an activity and tonight was flour bomb fight!! It was super fun and a good way to get to know the girls better J Tomorrow I start the day off with church then my first day working in the orphanage!! I can’t wait and am super excited! I am grateful to be here safe and sound and am looking forward to serving these children.

Comments

  1. Hi Baby Girl...so excited you made it safe and sound and that you are happy. Here's to another great adventure. I know you will be loved by all those that you serve. You are such an amazing daughter of Heavenly Father and I'm just so glad you're my Angel here on earth. Love you tons!! Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! Glad you made it safe. Post some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pictures take FOREVER to upload. They never did :( I'll try again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trel, thanks so much for keeping us updated. So you guys have computer access? Did Haley ever get her luggage? I know you guys are going to have an amazing time. Have so much fun!!!!!! Have Haley e-mail me if she can. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays