Kauai!!


 

Soo its been a while SBI (sorry bout it) and I mainly wanna just talk about my Kauai experience. But to catch up on the past 3 weeks, two weekends ago we had a DANCE party on our porch! Our friend Margie had the hook-ups and got these huge speakers to dance to and it was pretty sweet! We had a good turn out and every one enjoyed themselves. One bad thing that happened was there was a fight that broke out afterwards between the white boys and the poly's... yeah super scary and sketch and I don't wanna go into details. Luckily the white boys were all okay and no one was noticeably hurt. Then that whole week I was catching up and getting ahead on HW so I could enjoy my time in Kauai!!

So we had a 4 day weekend last weekend cause there was an empower your dreams thing that canceled all classes on Thursday then friday was Prince Kuhio celebration so no classes again!!
We departed Honolulu airport thursday morning at 9 am on a super small plane and arrived in beautiful Kauai at 9:30. Super short flight huh? Upon arrival Jordan's backpack didn't make it on our flight so we got the rental car that took forever and went to Costco to load up on the trail-mix, granola bars, dried fruit and water. We lived off of those foods for the 3 days along with PB&J's. Yum! At Costco we met an old man with dreads who gave us all the hook-ups on what to do and what not!! Then Caleb found a bag of weed in the car (welcome to hawaii) which thankfully he found cause if we were to get pulled over and they found that, it would of been super bad!

So then we went back to the airport and got Jordan's bag then went to get permits to camp for the 3 nights and after that long annoying process we were headed to KIPU FALLS!!
Da Swing!
Kipu falls is like a 5 minute walk down to this watering hole which has a cliff to jump off of and the best rope swing EVER! (on the left) At first I did not get the hang of it... I was not holding myself up enough and kept letting go too early and not getting the full effect. I was really bummed cause it looked so cool when everyone else was doing. So after taking a break and exploring a little bit I tried it again and got the hang of it! It was such a cool feeling! I wish I could do it like everyday and start doing backflips and stuff!
 rope swinging!
After time well spent there we headed out and went to find a blow hole that was pretty dang sweet. Then headed toward our first camp ground at a black sand beach! When we got to our designated campground there were some locals and sketch people and it looked like a park... like it wasn't even cool. So then we went to the next campground where there was actual tree's and no people and looked like a safe place to sleep! So we set up a camp and a mini fire to roast smore's with animal crackers since we didn't have graham crackers and we roasted Starburts as well! Delish!


Black Sand Beach

After an awful, cold, slightly wet nights sleep we saw some incredible rainbows then headed out to Waimea Canyon look outs. All 7 of us squished in a 5 seater impala. The Waimea Canyon road is 11 miles long with multiple look out spots so we spent the whole morning getting in and out looking at all the spots and every time we got back in the car it was like a puzzle piece to figure out how to fit the 5 of us in the back comfortably. Needless to say at after the 5th lookout we were sick of trying to figure out this puzzle and said we wanted to either stay in or stay out! So we got to the Waimea Canyon little hiking trail and we hiked down to the top of a long waterfall thats in the canyon. The hike was super beautiful and has some stunning views!

After the short hike and swimming we were north shore bound for the Napali Coast!!
For those of you who don't know what this hike is... let me tell ya. It is an 11 mile hike along the Napali Coast that is absolutely breath-taking!! During the coast there are 4 different waterfalls that you can hike into therefore making it a 4-7 day long hike if you wanna see all the waterfalls. Being limited on our time we only had time to go 2 miles to the first beach and then 2 miles in to the first waterfall. The hike was super muddy and slippery with boulders to climb over and streams to cross that we felt like we were in a jungle gym almost. It was seriously the funnest hike I have ever been on!! After about 4 hours of hiking we reached our destination of the 300 ft. waterfall! Holy cow was it spectacular!!!
Okay so this picture does no justice at all to how cool the actual waterfall is! It is just pouring down water and when we went up close to it like in the pool where its dropping into you could barely stand up! I felt like I was in a hurricane. It was NUTS! We dreadfully hiked back out and were super sad to leave the hike cause it was so much fun! Then we cleaned off and snorkeled in the little beach at the beginning of the trail and saw a fish that looks like a tye dye shirt! It started raining on us and we got super cold but it was warmer in the water than going to the crammed, smelly, wet car. The picture below describes how cold I was.
Sad huh? Haha well back to the 2nd night I we slept in a CAVE how cool is that? We didn't wanna sleep outside on the grass cause the rain was on and off and no of us were down for a rainy nights sleep. Luckily for us there was a big dry cave there too! So we set up there and roasted smore's with real graham crackers this time and told stories and had a mosquito infested night sleep :( my face and feet were the only things exposed so they got attacked. I found myself many times throughout the night slapping my face or having a freak out to get them off. But hey its all apart of the adventure!
 da cave!

So after Napali Coast was over we were in desperate need of real, warm food! So we found Bubba's Burgers and enjoyed ourselves there and were sad to see how we looked in a mirror... yikes. Then the lady told us a good place to go hot tubbing at that was the best feeling ever on my feet and calves!! My shoes were tight and hurt my toes, and my calves had charlie horses like bad! So two hours spent there was just the ticket!

For our last night of sleep we showed up to our camp ground and there was a party going on!! Harley Davidson Kauai Chopper Association! So that was interesting to see and hear all night! This night I got the best nights sleep cause I was actually warm and in a tent on a sleeping bag!! We woke up bright and early and left beautiful Kauai at 7:15 am :( When we got back to Honolulu we didn't have a ride so we had to bus it :( took about 3 hours to get home!! We got on one bus it took us to like 5 stops ahead, then we got on that one which took us 1 stop ahead and we had to cross the street and get on one that takes us to north shore and when we were crossing the street we saw our bus leaving!! It was awful!! So we had to wait like 50 minutes for the next one to come and then it takes about 2 hours to get home! But we had fun cause since your not really supposed to talk loud Megynn ad I signed across from each other and I am pretty sure some people thought I was deaf! Haha so we just went with it!

 Once we got home we were locked out cause McKayli was at church for another hour and I didn't realize how tired I was but I crashed on our porch and it felt awesome! So ya that is my Kauai trip and I miss it so much and I seriously had the time of my life!!

Comments

  1. I love your blog Trellany! So detailed and fun to read! Good work

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays