Bitter Sweet Feelings!

Well everyone if you didn't know already I am HOME! Back in good ole Gilbert, Arizona! My last few days in Hawaii were an emotional roller coaster. I was excited to have my mom there but SO sad to say goodbye to all the incredible people I met there. I made some awesome friends that were extremely hard to say goodbye to. Sunday we had another birthday celebration for Megynn and ate Hawaiian Haystacks which are not even a Hawaiian Dish... haha then we had the famous Confetti cake with Rainbow Chip Icing! Mmm. Then Monday was our last full day with Megynn and her parents! We played some sand volleyball at Turtle Bay Resort, then hit up Ted's bakery so our parents could experience this amazingness! And they sure agreed with us that it is fantastic!!
After we stuffed our faces we went to Waimea Falls and did the little tour hike thing there and swam in the water and attempted to get inside the waterfall which I failed to do so. We also ran into some peacocks at the place and my mom found a hidden talent and she is the peacock whisperer.  

After a busy day we decided to go chill and lay out on Waimea beach and body surf for the last time!! The water was perfect temperature and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We then ate at Halewia Grass Skirt Grill and had yummy coconut shrimp and a pulled pork sandwich on a Taro Roll (purple roll).

Tuesday: We headed to the airport with the Caffall's to drop them off and get our rental car and guess what?!! We got another JEEP!! It was soo sick! I am definitely converted to Jeeps and want one WAY bad! With our cute 2 door orange Jeep we headed to Waikiki with the top down and went Parasailing! It was a BLAST! I got to go twice for the price of ONE! The lady behind us just had her 10 year older daughter and her so the guy said they needed another full person to join them. I did not hesitate to say yes! It was way cool though! Such a pretty view ;)

After we had fun parasailing we had time to spare til dinner. So being the local kine (bah)... I knew that the Lighthouse hike was not too far away. We did that quick hike so I could show her the pretty view that awaits at the top! She sure enjoyed it and couldn't believe how pretty it was the whole way up!
 
Wednesday was our last full day!! :( The sun was out with no clouds so I just wanted to lay out at Sunset Beach and get as tan as I could ;) On the way to the beach we stopped at Kahuku Fruit Stand and got Mango with Ling Hi Mui powder on it and it is the BEST way to eat fruit! I love that powder! I am also addicted to fresh Guava too! Sooo delicious! After tanning, Huston and Kilie met up with us and we cruised in the Jeep to the Dole Plantation to try their pineapple whip that is to DIE FOR! We also learned about pineapples and took fun pictures :) Then we did some shopping in Halewia and then ate at the best Thai Food restaurant EVERRR! My mom is addicted to curry now! ha
Last Dinner at Halewia Eats!!
Eventually the dreadful Thursday came... :( As I packed up and ran some last minute errands, I didn't think I would get as emotional as I did. I drove around by myself for a little before we loaded the car and I let all the tears out (so i thought). After saying goodbye to Huston we hit the road, and the drive to the airport was the worst drive of my LIFE. I shedded a few tears but tried to keep most of them in because I did not want my mom to think I wasn't happy to go home, because I was. I just fell in love with Laie and the whole environment and the people here. It is such a great little town and definitely gave me the best 3 1/2 months of my life! I will be forever grateful for the opportunity that I had to go there for a semester. I feel so incredibly lucky that I was able to save up enough to go and experience what I did. I learned so much about myself, and how to live with others, budget money, cook, the importance of cleaning, how to get rid of lice, and just overall responsibility. I don't think I will ever stop talking about how much I loved it there and I apologize in advance if I get annoying for it!
On a more positive note... I arrive in Sky Harbor at midnight at was stoked to see my family! When I was walking out the first person I saw was my DAD boy was I excited, then I saw my Nanna and Papa and my Nanna is the cutest! She was so ancy and was jumping up and down she could hardly wait to get her arms around me! I dropped my carry on and ran and gave her a big huge hug!! Then my dad then Papa, then little B-man! I was crying of joy but a little disappointed that I didn't see Trennon :( But sure enough after a few pictures I turn around and he pops out from behind and surprise's me and I was SO happy to see him! After a few more tears are shed and pictures are taken we start to walk to get my bag and 3 of my bestest friends (Jessica, Kylee, and Whitney) pop out with a sign and balloons and I was TOTALLY shocked! I started crying more and was super excited to see them! They are the BEST!
After much laughter and tears happened I felt right at home again like as if I never left! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays