
Third week of school down & I am still walking into the wrong classrooms! What is up with that?!! It stinks cause I have 2 classes that are right next to each other and I keep switching them up so I;ll walk into one room for my 402 class but really thats the room I have 486 and vice versa.
Embarrassing. Any who these 3 hour night classes are not as bad as I thought they would be, both teachers that I have are great and keep us awake and busy with stuff. I just hate being down in PHX til 8:30 and riding the light rail late and bla bla bla. Luckily Tuesdays I have Jense to ride it with and Wednesdays I befriended a girl who is SUPER nice and I think I will invite her to even hang out with my friends and I on the weekends. I am loving that this semester I challenged myself to be more friendly to my classmates and build relationships with them. I am really taking it to heart brother Calton's advice about being put in peoples lives for a reason and that there is one person in every single one of my classes that is wanting to hear the gospel, and I may be there only chance ever, or one of the 8 encounters they have before they are receptive. SO I do not want to have any regrets and I am making the extra effort to seek those who are searching for the message and simply becoming their friend first and hoping that by example and through our friendship the gospel will get brought up and I can run with it from there! So far I have made 4 friends, and it really makes class and walking to and from classes, and riding the light rail so much better having someone to talk too! I mean there are so many great people in my classes, all shooting for the same objective as me in the tourism industry and its just really great getting to know them finally and talk about experiences we have had so far and teachers, projects, and stuff!

So Monday for FHE we did self-defense and it was so much fun! Andrea scratched the heck out of my arm, and I got flipped over Johnny Coons back but its cool! I just hope the stuff i learned I can apply it to whoever tries to snatch me!
So Thursday I got to visit, eat, and grocery shop with my dear friend Courtney! Poor girl is not having the best pregnancy and little Claire is too small right now and its really stressing Courtney out. Im sad i was not a better friend and more aware of her needs and it took her posting a status on FB about how she needs her friends right now! Luckily it was thursday and I had nothing after 5:00 so I booked it there and was there for her to cry on and help with shopping and stuff. I believe she will make it through this rough time and little Claire will come out just fine!


Friday night we did a group date night and we made Hobo Dinners, then attempted to build a fort which failed awfully! We didn't have enough chairs and stuff to hold it up! Next we did shaving cream art, which thanks to Kelsey turned into a shaving cream fight! haha We keep that girl around to make things interesting! After cleaning up we headed to Bahama Bucks because I was so excited to use my Groupon that I forgot I had and they didn't accept it!! Only the one on power. I was so mad because they expire next weeeeeeekkk! Soooo Bahama Bucks on me everyone when I go this week!

Saturday the boys and Kelsey and I played football in the rain and it was SO cold! Gosh the things we do. We were in water up to our shins getting all grassy and what not. It was a ton of fun especially since I caught a touchdown! Once something like that happens the boys will FINALLY trust you and not look at you like an uncoordinated girly girl. Then after I got cleaned up and such the family and I went to see Parental Guidance... and holy cow was it SO FUNNY! We were all laughing pretty much the whole time. It was clean too so we really enjoyed that. I love going into a movie with low expectations and coming out loving it! While in the movie I had a missed call from John Sheen and he called to take me on a date to Amazing Jakes. Of course I was excited about that! Cool guy, fun place what could be better on a boring saturday night in the East Valley. We had a blast with laser tag, bowling, and my favorite the frog hopper. For some reason it gets me laughing hysterically every time!
So that sums up another week of my life! Oh yeah on the light rail the other day a very nice black man told me I was beautiful and that he couldn't of let me go without saying that. Awww that made my day! He wasn't creepy so it was nice!
Comments
Post a Comment