This one is for my kids to laugh at me in the future
So I can't believe I forgot to write about the best first 3 days of school EVER! (ha) This is definitley worth documenting for future embarassing storeis. (since we all get asked those at some point in a relationship)
Well for school I ride a razor scooter at school. Yes the ones you rode to Elementary school? Well I ride it in College, DTPHX to be exact. (Fits right in with the professionals there right?) Well I obviously hadn't rode my scooter for the 3 summer months, but I really didn't think I would of been THAT rusty.
So... first day of school. The ground was wet and there were puddles here and there, and while riding to class I tried to avoid a puddle of water by doing a little baby jump over it onto the side walk. Well that puddle was covering up the fact that there was a curb there so I jumped right into a curb and it flew me off my scooter. Thankfully I caught my balance and didn't fall to the ground, but the scooter crashed and I was embarassed.
Second day of school. I was late to class, so I am scooting as fast as I can, headphones in and all. Well I am approaching an intersection (a very small one, don't worry) and I look to the right and see the light green, and for some reason I think that green is for me to go straight. So I see a car from the left coming and I think to myself "I hope that idiot stops, I have the right away" but he isnt so I stop abrubtly right as I enter the intersection and the car stops inches away from me. I look up and see I have a red light, he has a green. I felt like an idiot and couldn't even wave to him to say I'm sorry. I just continued looking down. Very very scary.
Third day of school. I was getting off the light rail and after about 4 pushes I get the front wheel stuck in a crack, and I fling foward and run it out so I don't fall, and shamefully go back to pick my scooter up. Whats so emabarssing about this is that it was as I was getting off the LIGHT RAIL!! Every student is right there. Gahh.
So by then I was SICK of my razor scooter. But I really do need it, or I will be late to my first classes each day. :( I took into consideration mastering the art of long boarding... but that scares me more. Heavy backpack, no handlebars. I think that would cause a lot more damage. So I kept the scooter and was good for about a week and a half, then a real full-on-to-the-ground crash happened. The ground was wet and my little wheels skidded and I went crashing to the ground. I sat on the ground in unbelief that I was having this much trouble this semester! I wanted to cry cause I was sick of it! So you proabbly think, I ditched that ole thing right?
NOPE! Its still my way of transportation and I have just changeed my attitude of "I hope I don't fall today" to "I will not fall ever again"!
So far I have been successful. :)
Well for school I ride a razor scooter at school. Yes the ones you rode to Elementary school? Well I ride it in College, DTPHX to be exact. (Fits right in with the professionals there right?) Well I obviously hadn't rode my scooter for the 3 summer months, but I really didn't think I would of been THAT rusty.
So... first day of school. The ground was wet and there were puddles here and there, and while riding to class I tried to avoid a puddle of water by doing a little baby jump over it onto the side walk. Well that puddle was covering up the fact that there was a curb there so I jumped right into a curb and it flew me off my scooter. Thankfully I caught my balance and didn't fall to the ground, but the scooter crashed and I was embarassed.
Second day of school. I was late to class, so I am scooting as fast as I can, headphones in and all. Well I am approaching an intersection (a very small one, don't worry) and I look to the right and see the light green, and for some reason I think that green is for me to go straight. So I see a car from the left coming and I think to myself "I hope that idiot stops, I have the right away" but he isnt so I stop abrubtly right as I enter the intersection and the car stops inches away from me. I look up and see I have a red light, he has a green. I felt like an idiot and couldn't even wave to him to say I'm sorry. I just continued looking down. Very very scary.
Third day of school. I was getting off the light rail and after about 4 pushes I get the front wheel stuck in a crack, and I fling foward and run it out so I don't fall, and shamefully go back to pick my scooter up. Whats so emabarssing about this is that it was as I was getting off the LIGHT RAIL!! Every student is right there. Gahh.
So by then I was SICK of my razor scooter. But I really do need it, or I will be late to my first classes each day. :( I took into consideration mastering the art of long boarding... but that scares me more. Heavy backpack, no handlebars. I think that would cause a lot more damage. So I kept the scooter and was good for about a week and a half, then a real full-on-to-the-ground crash happened. The ground was wet and my little wheels skidded and I went crashing to the ground. I sat on the ground in unbelief that I was having this much trouble this semester! I wanted to cry cause I was sick of it! So you proabbly think, I ditched that ole thing right?
NOPE! Its still my way of transportation and I have just changeed my attitude of "I hope I don't fall today" to "I will not fall ever again"!
So far I have been successful. :)
Comments
Post a Comment