School is back in session!

    Wow what a workload I have put upon myself this semester. 15 credits right now then 18 in october! Hopefully I make it out alive and with good grades! What classes am I taking you might wonder? Well I don't really know, I just know they all start with the word "tourism", or "convention" and have something to do with planning or marketing! Its super fun! I also have 3 classes with Jense (surprise there) which was way nice cause it always makes it easier to open up to others when you have a friend there already! Every class has a group project too... JOY! So that helped with getting to know more  people as well! But my schedule sucks! Mon & Wed one class from 1:30-2:15 smack dab in the middle of the day! Then Tuesday classes from 9-11:45 then break til 3 for my last class then THURSDAY ughh... class from 9-10:15 then a 5 hour break until 3, then that class is over at 4:15 and I have a 3 hour class after til 7:15. These 3 hour classes kill me!! and there always seems to be one i have to take here. I just hate riding the light rail home so late :(

Anyways 2 weekends ago was a blast! Jessica planned a Huntington beach trip as one last hurrah before school starts to consume our lives! So Mckayli, Andrea, Whitney, Kelsey, Jessica, Adrain, Peter, and Sterling all headed that way early Friday morning! It was Peters 24th birthday and also his GOLDEN birthday, so to make it extra fun we did a treasure hunt all day long for him! Andrea and I made up the clues and they were all pretty clever and the gifts were all cheesy as well! We got the the beach and it was overcast (figures) so we ate and played and Peter and I did a one had vball pepper for like an hour cause we weren't stopping until we got til 50! We kept getting like 33 or 36 and it drove us crazy! But FINALLY we got to 64, and it was awesome! The water felt GREAT and us and Mckayli went swimming and had a grand time. Then that night we went to dinner at Fred's and it was the last treasure hunt clue and gift and it was my favorite one! I gave the waitress a package of the lips that you blow and it has a fan in it and told her it was his birthday and that he had to flirt with her to get the lips and that she could give them to him at the end of night. So she was awesome and totally all for it. The clue Peter had was "Every birthday boy enjoys a birthday kiss, so flirt with our waitress and she'll give you some lips" everyone was like OHHH dang Pete!! Haha he got a little nervous but tried to play it off like he had this challenge in the bag. But lets just say, he did an awful job at flirting! The waitress was giving him so many opportunities to flirt and he was just not good on the spot. So all night we were just laughing and giving him crap for it. But when she brought the ice cream out and we were singing she kissed him on the cheek with the lips on and then was like, "you are no gamer, you gave me nothing to work with" it was hilarious! Then we walked the boardwalk and ran into some friends, and then got some cold stone and had a dance party in coldstone. it was great! 

     Saturday was PERFECT beach weather! It was nice and sunny but not too hot. Whitney and I played Adrian and Kelsey in Beach Volleyball and we won the first game and were behind in the 2nd and came back for the win. It was sick! Then we cooled off in the ocean which was perfect temperature! While in the water there was many instances where surfers almost ran us over. I felt so bad being one of those annoying swimmers that get in the way. I then taught everyone the cool feeling of doing a front flip or backflip into the waves at the peak before they break. They all loved it. We also headed to get Wahoo tacos and shakes from Ruby's. Yummy!! When we got back to the beach, I wanted to make some sort of sea creature and Peter, McKayli and I made a sea horse that looked awesome! There was so much detail put into it and it really was just so great. Then... of course a wave came and submerged the sea horse. I was so mad I was going to cry because we didn't get a picture with it before the destruction. The outline was still there and we managed to snag a quick pic before another wave came.  After that Peter and I wanted to beat our record of the single arm volleyball pepper. So we attempted it and weren't coming close, and then Adrian joined in with his hiked up shorts and we did even worse. But nonetheless fun.  We left the beach pretty late and when we got back to the hotel our key didn't work, and Jess and Sterling were at dinner so we chilled in the hot tub til Adrian got there to get us a new one. After we all got cleaned up we headed to BJ's and our waiter we think was a newbie and Whitney might of made him poop his pants when she said I wanna speak to your manager. Haha hilarious! Sunday we cleaned up went to church and then visited the Newport Temple (from the gate) took some pics, and then headed home. My AC was on and off for working which made the car ride uncomfortable in the desert Grr. But oh well we had some good girl talk and bonding! It was overall a really fun trip! Everyone got along really well and there was no drama or anything! I truly feel blessed to have such great, fun, friends. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays