Slide Rock Extravaganza!



So when I was in Hawaii, they would have super saturdays at the beach which consisted of just a bunch of beach activities with a bunch of people! Well I wanted to bring that back to AZ just without the beach, and to take one saturday out of the month to go explore and appreciate the natural recreation we have here in AZ! People from all over come to AZ to see the desert and do hikes, and sight see. So I guess our first super saturday wasn't really exploring but simply taking advantage of the heat and doing that huge inflatable slip n slide. This past weekend we went to Slide Rock in Sedona. What a BLAST that was! We had about 25 people show up, and we left at 8 am got there around 11 and played in the water, sliding, and cliff jumping til about 2. The water was FREEZING, and I was surprised half of us even got in to do it. Usually I am a wimp when it comes to cold water, but I think when there are boys and other friends around all doing it, I don't want them to think I am a wimp so the pressure got me in there. So at the top there is the "big" slide part and then a little farther down there was small ones and for some reason, Andrea, Peter, Katelin, Ryan and I spent a good 30 minutes just continually going through it. We thought that was the best part! It was hilarious. Then we went exploring farther down and Mckayli and I went the difficult way and there was a part we weren't sure how to get by so I was the guinea pig and army crawled under a rock and on the right was about a 6 footish drop. I was moving SOOO SLOW. Holy cow i thought I would never get to the other side. Luckily Katelin came around the easy way where the drop off was and held my hand to get me through. Then those after me cruised on through since they had help on the other side. Once we got to the top of the rock we saw people under the bridge across from us contemplating whether they wanted to cliff jump or not. We thought they were crazy because the water was only like 7 feet deep. Sure enough they jumped and then our guy friends had to follow suit! Crazies. We then went back an snacked and chilled and got our tan on! We headed back into town and ate linner, and looked around a bit at the shops! We headed home and stopped a a place that has REALLY good pie! Scott got the Jack Daniels one for us to try and it was amazing! On the drive home Mckayli kept falling asleep then all of a sudden gasp for air and grab her neck. It was freaky!! I think she kept falling in her dreams! Then I introduced Snapchat to Olivia, and our relationship is now at a whole new level! Haha

That night Mckayli, Olivia and I then went to the speed dating activity and surprisingly enough it was fun and we met some really cool people from the TownShore Ward! Sunday mom and I then went to go visit Lauren Smith and the new babe Camry! It was great catching up, but so weird to see her as a mom now!

 

Speaking of babies.... two weekends ago I had the privilege to watch the Arnetts little baby Bo who is 6 months old from friday to sunday! I was in HEAVEN! He was at the perfect age to play with and was seriously the sweetest, & best baby! If I could babysit babies for whole weekends like once a month my life would be great!

Well another week of school has gone by and no more scooter crashes! Hooray! I also started this week spinning classes with the Ahlstroms/Farnsworth clan. Brittany told me to come check it out tuesday morning for free and i loved it! Its going to be great way for me to get back into shape because I did not have the will power to get up on my own on tuesday and thursday mornings before work and school! Amy is letting me use her 12 free classes card. I seriously feel truly blessed for that, cause there is no way I can afford it on top of everything else I have to pay for. They are so nice to me and treat me like a friend rather than just a "babysitter". I am grateful to have the whole clan in my life, they are the BEST!

Oh and we had real successful FHE last week, we did a stache bash so EVERYTHING was mustache related! It was a blast. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays