21st Birthday Celebration!
Wow, this weekend was AWESOME! I just need to say I love my friends, and feel so lucky to have them part of my life!! All I wanted to do for my birthday was go to a cabin, hang out, and of course Snowboard!! Jessica Bowyer was SO kind to let us crash her cabin in Greer for 2 nights. We left around 6pm Friday got there around 11 I believe after we stopped at Wendy's and Wal-Mart. Wal-mart was entertaining for sure. Derek & Josh together are so entertaining. (For my own remembrance "Those nosey Punks")
Then we got the the cabin and the drive way was snowed in! Thankfully their neighbors had gravel we could park on. After falling calf deep into the snow multiple times to get to the door, we were settled in and ready to play some games! We played catch the tennis ball in the mouth, then spoons. Megynn, Josh, Derek and I were hoarding 4 spoons for ourself towards our side and near the end it was us four and Jessica Buehner. We made an alliance to take her out. But that did not go over so well. First, she took out Megynn, then me, then Derek. So it was up to Josh to win it for our foursome group. It was heated and sure enough... Jessica took him OUT! She is so sneaky... then we played phase 10 and talked. We finally went to bed around 3 I believe, and 6 of us had to get up around 7:30 to hit the mountain. When walking through the parking lot someone approached us and said he had all day & night tickets for $30 if you we want them. I was hesitant at first and asked if they were legit. He said yes I work here. SCORE!!! We were stoked to get tickets for $20 less! The day was AWESOME though. I love boarding with Whitney because we are pretty even so not one of us is holding the other up. I felt like I was going faster and I tried the rainbow box for the first time, and hit the kickers with more speed. I also taught Megynn how to carve and it was so fun seeing her get the hang of it! :)
After a tiring day we headed back to the cabin, talked to the others about their day and watched their funny sledding videos. It looked so fun, so Megynn and I wanted to do it. A few of us went back out and attempted to sled but it mainly turned into watching the Jessica's wrestle in the snow while we threw snowballs at them & each other! After that we chilled in the cabin until dinner was ready and we had yummy lasagna, salad, & garlic bread that was prepared by Jessica & Sneed. Josh then gave me his present which was a Shot Glass that has the White Mountains on it. It is SOO awesome and perfect. I can always remember my 21st birthday when I see it.
We of course had chocolate cake and ice cream and TRICK candles. That took forever to blow out. We then let our stomachs rest until we played games and during rest time we got tattoos!! Butterfly & fairies ones to be exact. :) 
After we were tatted up we played "whose hand"... haha I'm glad we were all good sports & willing to play. Then we played a game where I had to try and figure out the story the rest of them made up for me by asking yes & no questions only. Holy cow that was hilarious! I don't want to spoil the secret on here in case I play it in the future with you readers, but lets just say I "guessed" a pretty dang good story!! The last game of the night was of course "what if?" That game is always a classic and the first round had sooo many good ones. We then cleaned up the cabin & Megynn wanted to have a confession session/cabin chat/talking with everyone. We even had a talking stick, & it failed miserably. After some good embarrassing stories everyone was tired and started getting ready for bed except Derek, Megynn, and I continued our Cabin Chat.
Its so cool hearing people's views on life, and getting to know people on a deeper level, instead of always joking & having fun. So we all planned to leave around 8:00 sunday to get back for church and sure enough no one wanted to actually get up & listen to their alarms so at 7:45 we were awaken to the clapping hands of Derek saying we gotta go its 7:45!!! Let me tell ya, I have never seen any of us move so fast to get packed up & cleaned up. We were out by 8:10 & 8:30 which isn't too terrible. But as my car was leaving, I noticed my back right tire was flat again! But there was nothing we could do about it until we got into Pine top! Slowly we made it there alive & were able to fill it up, but that 40 minutes there was nerve racking!! In the end we made it back safely and for the last 2 hours of church! Overall it was a FANTASTIC weekend and there was no other way I would of wanted to spend my birthday. I love having an excuse to get away with the best friends and just having good fun and laughing to the point where my abs KILL!
Then we got the the cabin and the drive way was snowed in! Thankfully their neighbors had gravel we could park on. After falling calf deep into the snow multiple times to get to the door, we were settled in and ready to play some games! We played catch the tennis ball in the mouth, then spoons. Megynn, Josh, Derek and I were hoarding 4 spoons for ourself towards our side and near the end it was us four and Jessica Buehner. We made an alliance to take her out. But that did not go over so well. First, she took out Megynn, then me, then Derek. So it was up to Josh to win it for our foursome group. It was heated and sure enough... Jessica took him OUT! She is so sneaky... then we played phase 10 and talked. We finally went to bed around 3 I believe, and 6 of us had to get up around 7:30 to hit the mountain. When walking through the parking lot someone approached us and said he had all day & night tickets for $30 if you we want them. I was hesitant at first and asked if they were legit. He said yes I work here. SCORE!!! We were stoked to get tickets for $20 less! The day was AWESOME though. I love boarding with Whitney because we are pretty even so not one of us is holding the other up. I felt like I was going faster and I tried the rainbow box for the first time, and hit the kickers with more speed. I also taught Megynn how to carve and it was so fun seeing her get the hang of it! :)
We of course had chocolate cake and ice cream and TRICK candles. That took forever to blow out. We then let our stomachs rest until we played games and during rest time we got tattoos!! Butterfly & fairies ones to be exact. :) 
After we were tatted up we played "whose hand"... haha I'm glad we were all good sports & willing to play. Then we played a game where I had to try and figure out the story the rest of them made up for me by asking yes & no questions only. Holy cow that was hilarious! I don't want to spoil the secret on here in case I play it in the future with you readers, but lets just say I "guessed" a pretty dang good story!! The last game of the night was of course "what if?" That game is always a classic and the first round had sooo many good ones. We then cleaned up the cabin & Megynn wanted to have a confession session/cabin chat/talking with everyone. We even had a talking stick, & it failed miserably. After some good embarrassing stories everyone was tired and started getting ready for bed except Derek, Megynn, and I continued our Cabin Chat. 

Comments
Post a Comment