
Well these past few days have just flown by but have been so awesome!! I have grown to love these kids so much and I can't imagine how hard it would be to leave them if I was here longer. The girls here for 2+ months get way more attached then we did in our short 2 weeks. But we still love them just as much!! Sunday I went to Azogas which is another offsite really poor orphanage and we cleaned there again and it was pretty disgusting then just played with the kids and the kids here were WILD!!! Man oh man they do not like to listen. But still gotta love them!! Then sunday dinner and devotional and singing hymns afterwards was great as well three of the girls sang and wow could they sing!!! Then Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday were normal shift days and we had one off that we went shopping during and I got a Hammock for $15!!! Pretty sweeet I might say!! I am stoked to set it up and lay in it! Then on our way home from shopping we had our first and ONLY scare... we were walking back home in the middle of the day on the main street that were allowed to walk on and as we approach a corner a young punk who was about 14 or 15 comes around the corner and within 2 seconds reaches for Rachel's small gold necklace that has an R on it and rips it off her neck and runs. I was behind Rachel an just heard her let out a little scream and I looked at her and saw that she still had everything on her (purse, shopping bags etc.) and she sadly said, my necklace. So we turned around and the boy was running and was way too far ahead to even do anything about it. We were all shocked about what just happened. Like SERIOUSLY?!! How did he even see the necklace in time to grab it? He just turned the corner? We were all a little shooken up especially Rachel, but there was nothing that we could of done for it. Its sad cause thats like the only thing she wears and it was quite expensive. But ya, Nanna and Mom I hope that you don't freak out about that haha. I mean its excepted to get stuff stolen right? They think we are all rich. So Im just glad nothing else happened and that it was just a materialistic item that can be replaced! But ya I went to Alegria for the first time this week and that has the young kids like 2-6 im guessing and 1 has Autism, 1 is Down Syndrome, 1 is almost deaf, 1 is normal, and 1 has cerbal palsy. This was so much fun but sad because they don't like you to hold them for very long because they get attached and act up when were gone i guess? and the kids love to just sit on your lap and play and have fun and it was awful like taking them off after like 2 minutes of holding them cause you just want to love them!! :( But rules are rules. The past couple days in the orphanages were so sad because its hard saying goodbye to the kiddos and knowing that you most likely will never see them again. They all have such wonderful spirits and are truly angels sent from above here to bless many lives. I know that their situations are sad and awful to hear but that is their trial in life and they are making the best of it. I am so glad that there are people out there willing to help them and sacrifice time, and money to serve them. They need all the love they can get. I am glad I got to be one of the lucky ones and I am so grateful for this experience!! Most rewarding thing I have done so far, hands down. Now we are in Quito again and leave for the Amazon in the morning!! :) Woo Hoo!

P.S. I tried Guinea Pig last night and it wasn't too bad!! Haha taste like pork kind of I guess. But it was nasty to see all cooked WHOLE!
All I can say is YES...i'm glad you weren't hurt in your incidence and YES materialistic things can be replaced. WOW...crazy but glad you are all o.k. Guinea Pig...YUK!! You are an adventurous soul baby girl...way more than I ever was. Love you, Love You, Love You. Be SAFE!!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe you ate that! You're braaave. I love you and it looks like you're having a great time and learning a lot. LOVES!
ReplyDelete