Just keeps getting better

So Thursday we had a field trip to the beach! Once a month they do a field trip for all the volunteers and we happened to be here when they do it. It was a 4 hour bus ride there so we left at 5:15 in the morning, then we played at the beach for about 3 hours and it was pretty cool! Not like beaches in America, but still fun! The water was warm too! Then we stopped at the river too and then another long bus ride home! One of the stretches on the ride was about 45 minutes of rugged, dirt rode, with sheer cliffs on both sides and I slept for about 15 minutes of it then woke up because I was bouncing all over the place and when I saw what kind of road we were on I wished I was asleep again. L it was freaky and super sketch! But we made it back safe and it was a fun time and we all got burnt. Haha Then Friday we worked in the morning and I was at Milagras and I LOVE it there! I love Laurita a lot. She is so much fun! We were supposed to go to the horses for therapy, but then it got canceled L We were all so bummed! But we got the kiddos showered, ready and fed, then went on a walk then danced around. Some of these kids stories are so sad and it’s crazy where they have come from! Like on of the boys was born normal but his parents didn’t want him so they tied him in a plastic bag and put him in a fire burning trash can and I am not sure if he was burned a little bit or not but now he is all messed up and can’t function on his own. Then Diana is 26 and was normal until she was 16 then she got a disease that basically doesn’t allow her to have control over her body. She is in a wheelchair and can’t speak or anything but she is there all mentally! I can’t even imagine how hard that would be. It’s heartbreaking. But it just makes you love them that much more. Then that afternoon we had an off and we went zip lining! It was only $8 so we couldn’t pass that deal up! It was so much fun and pretty and just awesome! Then, we went to Papa Johns by our self and took a taxi by our self and chilled at a weird mall! Then Saturday we had the morning off as well cause they didn’t need the extra volunteers I guess so we went shopping (or Haley Paige and Rachel did while I gave my opinion) and then our afternoon shift we went to Remar, which is a very poor, rundown unsanitary orphanage and most of the kids have lice. When I heard that I freaked cause I do not want Lice again!! So when we arrived a few kids all ran out to our bus and opened our doors and greeted us with big hugs! Ahh they are adorable. For the first hour and a half we are responsible for cleaning. My group we picked up trash ( a lot of trash) and folded bed sheets and pillow cases that were clean but seemed dirty and a few even smelled like cat pee… another thing we didn’t understand is why do they have a dog and 2 cats on top of the 50 orphans?!! Doesn’t make sense. But after the dirty work was done we got to play with the kids! They had music playing and we just danced for a while and I had an absolute ball with one little girl dancing salsa style! Then played a circle game, then finished it off with a soccer game. Volunteer’s v. kids. It was SO much fun! Favorite activity so far. Then last night we had a volunteer activity, which was learning how to French braid so we can do the girls hair in the OSSO house’s when they ask us to help with the hair. So I am so excited that I finally learned how to French braid! So that’s the update thus far!! This place is awesome, and so beautiful and the people are fantastic!!

Comments

  1. Glad you are having a good time. It's so fun getting out to help others! Makes you count your blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just please don't come home with Lice...that's all we need. I'm just super happy to hear how wonderful your time has been. I know you have been blessed and the children have been given an even greater blessing your love and service. You are truly AMAZING..Love you and can't wait to hear about everything when you come home!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays