March Madness

Then we heard from Jill Thomas who lost her daughter from a drowning and gave some great insights on how to overcome hard trials and not get caught up in our ideas of what we want our life to be and enjoy our current situations. Next we heard from Brea with fight like girls and she survived an attempted murder and her story is amazing and had me & the rest of the room bawling. Then it wrapped up with some round table discussions and Waffle Luv. I left the event feeling so uplifted and grateful and prepared to tackle the trials that I will have to face someday. The next day we started babysitting for the Monahan's they have a 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy and they were pretty fun and easy to watch. I took them to the Aquarium, park, and did a play date with Stephanie and Andrew. On the 4th we went to see Brian Regan Live and he was hilarious!
Michael Brock got married on the 5th and it was a small intimate wedding and the first and last time Lucas and I will get to do photo/video together. Uncle Ty showed up and that was cool to see him again. I had a week to edit and get a little caught up.
Then my family took a vacation to San Antonio for Lucas' last family trip before he starts school in July since he can't come to Oceanside with us :( We caught a flight after we did a wedding at 11:00pm and arrived around 1:30am we crashed then woke up just in time to eat breakfast and our first day there we got our city passes, ate at a really good enchilada place, then went to the temple and did a sealing session and the sealer was really great and had a lot of insight to share with us. Then we had dinner and went to do the K1 raceway and had 2 races and I didn't do too bad.

The next day we slept in & went to church then did the Alamo tour which was really informative. Then we did the riverwalk cruise which was sooo rad. I loved seeing all the buildings and it's just a very neat concept to have this shopping center along the river. Then we ate at this REALLY good Italian place that is only in Texas. Seriously SO good.
Next day we went to SIX FLAGS another highlight of the trip. My parents were wimps and my dads stomach started to not feel good before we even got on a ride, and my mom was too cold so they went to the car to "rest" then after a few hours we hadn't heard from them so we called and they went to a movie. We were like what?!!! You guys... and they said they would come back in a little bit. So they met up with us again around 3:30pmand went on about 4 rides before we left the park. But us 4 kids had a blast and the lines weren't too bad so we got to ride every ride we wanted too. Then we went to Applebee's after and it was really poor service they didn't have enough waiters so it was rough. Next day we went to the Natural Bridge Caverns which were REALLY neat, we all loved seeing the cool formations and learning about this little secret of San Antonio. After that we did the Maze they have there and were successful in getting out.

Then we went to Big Bibs BBQ and they had the most amazing sweet potato casserole that made my whole trip going there worth it! Seriously was life changing. After that we headed to the airport to go home. It was a really fun quick family trip with great memories made! My parents sure spoil us. I had a few days to do some editing, then more weddings on the weekend and we did a double date with MJ & Tayzia and did foot golf for a Date Bank video. It was really fun and Lucas did as good as I imagined he would. Haha I then had to make the tough decision of quitting to drive Eric my Down syndrome friend from work to his dad. It was a really rough decision because I love spending time with him, and he is always a great part of my week but I just got really overwhelmed with work and felt like driving him was taking up too much time and I needed all the time I could get to edit. It was a really sad goodbye and I cried and he was pretty sad. But it was needed for me to not be as stressed and I know I can see him on other occasions.
We went to a Cubs Spring training game thanks to my parents invite from RWC. After the game we hiked Flat Iron with the Webb's and took our overnight packs to practice for Havasupai. We were on the trail around 7:30pm and got to the top at 11:00 and we were tireeeddd. We unpacked our sleeping gear, had some popcorn & hot chocolate, enjoyed the night view of the city, and then attempted to sleep. It was really cold and uncomfortable I think I only got about 3 hours of sleep if that. We woke up shortly after sunrise and took some pretty pics, then packed up and hiked down. It was much faster and easier getting down. After we got cleaned up at home we had about 30 minutes to chill before shooting a wedding. We had to say a prayer that we would be able to shoot well and get through the night because we were pretty wiped. The wedding was at someone's mansion and he neighborhood was so unreal I felt like I was in California! It was amazing. The video shoot went well except the photographer getting in our shot for the kiss at the end :( but we survived physically.
The following week was Lucas' birthday and the day before I took him to Grimaldi's, got him so new pants, frost, and then the Real Group concert which was super good. Then his actual birthday I put posters all over the house with pictures of him and different descriptions of why I loved him. Then we went out to dinner with my family to celebrate his birthday and Trennon's at Rodizio Grill. It was super good and my favorite was the grilled pineapple, it was like candy! After dinner we went to visit Grandma & Grandpa and it was quite the comedy show with my Papa and Nanna there as well. Grandma & Nanna we're going off on how good looking Uchtorf is and then papa said, "I'm not worried he lives in SLC" and we all lost it and from there it just kept snowballing to more funny things. Old people are sure entertaining. Then the next day his parents took us out to dinner. That's about it for March!

Comments
Post a Comment