One Year Closer to 30
Valentine's Day was next, and originally we weren't going to do anything but dinner because we wanted to save our money for San Fransisco the following weekend, but with Glens funeral now we had to cancel our trip. So we still got tacos, and then split a Baked Bear and ate it at Tempe Town Lake. Since Lucas had taken Thursday off for our trip, we decided to make use of the day off so we went up to Sunrise to ski for the day. We did a day trip and we got there 10 minutes before it opened and only about 10 cars were there! We were stoked because that meant we were pretty much going to have the mountain to ourself. Which we did. It was really great conditions, a lot of runs never even got touched so we had a great day on the mountain together.

The next day we headed up with Mom & Dad for Glen's funeral. We visited with grandma for a bit and ate, then went and did a temple session. After that we went to Wal-Mart and it was a pretty scary one. Like I think most the people there were what you see on thepeopleofwalmart.com we then went back to grandma's for dinner and more visiting. We got back to the hotel and waited for the Klein's, Kolstad's, and Micah to show up and then played a game of farkle. Apparently I was the loudest one according to Butch.
The next day was the funeral and it was a beautiful service. I cried like a baby the whole time. Glen was such an incredible person who taught many people and I wish I could have gotten more time with him here on this earth. I think that's why I was so sad, because I only had my one experience with him. :( but I know he is better off now and had a perfect body and mind, & I can't wait to meet him someday. A few days later we went to visit Ashley at her place and she wasn't doing too well :( she wasn't getting better and was in more pain. I feel so bad for her and wish I could contribute and help more. A few days later we went and did an adoption video shoot which went really week. First time using the 1dx on a glidecam! Excited to see how it turns out. That night we went to the race expo and then carb loaded at Olive Garden. The next day Lucas ran the 1/2 marathon and I was excited to get on video with my good camera all of the siblings crossing the finish line. I was so rushed to get there I forgot to grab my battery so I lugged my beast of a camera to the finish line & didn't even have a battery to turn it on. I was so mad. But it was still great to watch them cross with my own eyeballs.

Then that night I invited friends over to play games and everyone got sick, so Alexis & Lori showed up, then Jake and Camille Adams so we were able to play 1 game, and eat ice cream cake. Then McKayli showed up towards the end. Kind of sad the turnout, but I guess that's what happens when you plan last minute.

Monday we went out to dinner with my family for my birthday and I got an Apple Watch from my parents which was exciting I really wanted that! Tuesday was my actual birthday and I was supposed to go to breakfast with Audrey at 8:30am but at 4:30am I got a call from TJ saying happy birthday! So Audrey is on the hospital and it looks like we will be having a baby boy soon! I got so excited and said keep me posted when you get closer! I went back to sleep for a few hours and then Lucas gave me a clue for my birthday and I had to figure out where we were going to eat that night and I googled the hints and it was Pizzeria Bianco. Then I went to PCP and I was the only one there so I had a little personal workout with Kinzi & Mariah. About 5 minutes before it was supposed to end I got the call the Audrey was at a 9! I left quick to get there and a few hours later Brady was born! She did so good and pushed him out in about an hour. I am grateful they let me capture that special moment. I got to hold him for a bit & I am excited to be birthday buddies!
I then went to Liberty Market with McKayli for lunch and caught up with her! Then got some free food at Joe's BBQ. Then went home, picked some weeds, showered and got ready for the day andrelaxed a little. Lucas picked me up and we went to dinner and then I got my next clue which I had to figure out and it took me to The Nash which is a Jazz place, and I opened up the board game trumpet. The next clue led me to the hanging net in downtown PHX and I had to take a selfie and then I opened up my new phone case.
Next clue led me to the crescent ballroom and I opened up Wireless headphones and concert tickets to Alex & Sierra for that night! It was a total surprise and I was excited to hear them! They did really good and it was such an enjoyable night. Lucas spoiled me and I am grateful for his thoughtfulness! I really scored with him. I am 26 now and I don't like that I'm closer to 30... I still feel like I'm 19! Anyways the month of February treated us real good! :)

Comments
Post a Comment