The Cigarette Lady

                         
Well last weekend I attended my first murder mystery party as Cindy Butt the Cigarette Lady! Of course I went all out for my costume and stayed up til midnight making my pin box hat and cigarette tray. I bought fake cigarettes and candy suckers to have more stuff in my box to "sell" to the people. My role of the night was to hate on Nick for leaving me for Molly. I also was the town gossip girl and knew secrets about everyone and could sell my secrets for money. I then poisoned Nick's drink (which thought I meant I killed him) but then the Chief shot him after me and ended up getting accused for killing Nick. The whole night was so funny, and everyone was really getting into character with accents, and lying, and hustling each other. I was not very good at being mean and keeping a straight face, but I did a lot of snooping and listening in to other conversations so I could have the secrets! I ended up winning best costume award, Tanner Goodman won best actor! After it was over we talked probably for 45 minutes about all the funny things that went down and ridiculous rumors that started. Then a few of us went to Cheesecake Factory in our costumes to get Cheesecake and have an excuse to go out in public dressed in our 20s.

Saturday I filmed Sarah and Rocky's love story which is ADORABLE!! They have such an amazing love story. Then went to Marcie's Bridal Shower then to Jessica Skousen's 21st Casino themed birthday party! Robert did a great job planning it and had Blackjack, Craps, and Texas Hold em' set up! We all received the same amount of Poker Chips to start off with and whoever had the most at the end won! We all had a great time gambling away and dressing in semi-formal attire! I found out that Blackjack is my game ;) Anyways it was a really fun party and a brilliant idea for a Mormon 21st birthday party!


Next exciting news is my mom sold the MAC and got a new one that has FINAL CUT PRO ON IT!!! You have no idea how excited I am! My videos can be so much better now with this software. Even though I barely know how to work it... It will come eventually. Tonight is our ward talent show and Olivia, Kelsey, Kaley and I decided we were going to go through with performing something and started practicing Monday, & Wednesday... haha it is going to be interesting if we can pull this off! At this point we just have to make it fun & goofy and not even try to go for talent! This week at my internship Cindy the VP of Operations was in town & Ann the President was in town which means time to make good impressions! Cindy is so great and such a fun person to work with. So blunt & honest in a comical way but also very sweet and loving! Ann is extremely nice and thoughtful and not as intimidating as I was expecting. Yesterday was Cindy's 50th birthday & Christina's goodbye lunch so we went to Lunch at Lucille's, then had cake and pineapple aback at the office. I swear we spent more time socializing & eating that day then we did working. But hey, I am not complaining. That afternoon Ann pulled me into her office and told me how it was such a pleasure to meet me, and they were so glad to have me here, and liked how bright I am and positive to get every task done they ask of me and that she thought I was just a gem! I couldn't stop smiling when she said all this!! I didn't even know what to say back but thank you, I am so grateful to be here! I would LOVE to get hired on here after graduation and I am hoping if I keep it up at this rate, and they continue to like the things I am doing they will hire me :) How nice would that be to completely skip through all the applying & interview processes for a job after graduation? Anyways another busy weekend ahead of the Talent show, bridal showers, & bachelorette parties. Woop Woop!
                                 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays