A Different Christmas it was!


Well these past couple days have been everything but normal. Christmas day my family and I had planned to go serve breakfast to the less fortunate people on 7th avenue and the 10 with a bunch of other families. We went to bed at a decent time to wake up early and be ready to go. As I was getting ready in the morning my dad comes in and puts my stocking on my bed and he is in tears... Immediately I thought something happened to my mom. As I waited for my dad to finally spit the words out "Brother Stapley passed away this morning" I felt sick to my stomach. Thoughts of , "but it's Christmas, how? NO, that can't be right.. he is not even old, obese, or sick" I couldn't believe this. It didn't seem right. My dad told me that him and mom were going over there right now and I can either still go serve breakfast or stay here. I couldn't think of anything better but GO, i knew that would help me keep my mind off it, and serving people is the best medicine to any hard time we may be going through. After I told Bromely the news, he was devastated and wanted to go serve breakfast still as well. We hitched a ride with the Huggans friends and when we got there I was amazed at how many people were there to volunteer! It was amazing to see this desire in everyone's heart! There were probably more volunteers than less fortunate people we served! We were at the orange juice station and refilled the drinks then would help the people carry it if they had too much in their hands! There were some really awesome people to meet and chat with and the gratefulness they had towards us was such a great feeling knowing they really appreciated what we were doing for them. Some couldn't even believe it. Truly a miracle being apart of this special morning. Once getting home we talked to my dad about the Stapley situation and shed a lot of tears together. My heart is just so full of love for their family and I wish I could do more for the kids and wife but I know that my prayers are exactly what they want and are needing at this time. 
Papa, Nanna, and Susan came over and we opened presents and I got the basics of clothes, boots, jewelry  phone case, and then new racquetball goggles, glove, and racket for this upcoming season. Shortly after we got to talk to Trennon through Skype  and that was the best present ever! We were lucky and got to talk to him for 3 1/2 hours and he looks so great! He forgot a lot of English words which was hilarious to see. He took brother Stapley's death a lot harder than we expected him too which was terrible seeing him cry and get so sad about because we weren't there to hug him and comfort him. We were able to get through that though  and pick his spirit back up and talk about more positive things. Saying goodbye to him was hard but 6 more months and we can speak again which I am SO excited about!

After that we went and saw Les Miserable. That was my first time seeing it. The story line is GREAT! I just was kind of annoyed of ALL the singing. I mean I know it is a musical... but even musical's have some scenes of just talking. There were scenes where I thought it would of been better if they just talked. But overall the message is really great. Then Christmas was over. So to say the least it was a emotional roller coaster of a day, and one that will always be remembered. Right now I feel like we as a community are being hit hard with trials. I am not sure if I posted this in my last post but Diane's dad passed away a couple weeks ago and they are in the neighborhood as well and live kitty corner to the Stapley's. It is just so sad to see these two wonderful men go so early in life and leave behind great families. I love to see how much our neighborhood comes together to help one another out during these times, and we hope this is the end of it for a while. I don't think we can handle much more loss. Its emotionally draining. I am so happy to have the gospel though and the Plan of Salvation, because although death is sad here on earth, it's comforting to know that they will be reunited together after this life and that HF needs Sean right now to fulfill something more important up there for him. I miss him and our lake trips, and giving us $100 to get as many burritos as we can at Taco Bell, but I know it was his time to go and that he will always be with us in spirit.


OH YEAH, and I went Snowboarding last friday and it was fantastic! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays