EFY in Santa Barbara- Heaven on Earth

Santa Barbra <3

EFY in Santa Barbara was AMAZING!! The counselors there were SO cool and I got a long with them great and really felt included! I had a bomb co counselor the first week who was a phenomenal teacher and I learned a lot of good teaching strategies from him. Our company was "The Hills" and they were SUCH a solid group! I had angel girls and everyone got along really good and there was a lot of good unification! Like game night we won EVERY game AND the Banner! I was so proud! After that successful week, about 12 of us counselors went shopping on state street and  piled in to Sarah's 15 passenger van! Yes me, voluntarily went SHOPPING! I don't know how this happened! But I got some great deals! Then we met up at the beach with Robbie, Rob, and Joanna and played some volleyball and rested!  Peter than invited EVERYONE over for a BBQ at his house and it had a GORGEOUS view! We all kept saying to our selves... how are we so lucky to know people like this? It was a time well spent! Second week I had Amy and Richard as co counselors and I was STOKED cause their so fun! and we all have BLUE eyes! Fancy that. Our company name was "TUA" which stood for Trusting, Understanding, Acknowledgeable. I had another group of solid girls! I felt like I didn't get to connect with them til the very end which was sad cause I always had free time and lunch duty :( But they still loved me and I loved them! Our cheer for game night i thought was bomb! But we didn't win :( But this week we had boys that were the biggest gentlemen! They were always wanting to serve the girls and the last dinner they escorted them to dinner and made paper roses then seated them and asked them what they wanted to eat. The girls were in heaven and just thought our boys were the BEST! I was so happy. But overall we had some cool changes in the kids and really bonded well! Thursday night musical program I cried A LOT knowing it was my last week :( and that i wouldn't get to experience this again for a whole year if i'm lucky!  After checkout Natalie Richard and I went to Nordstrom Rack then Santa Monica Beach then to Aimee's house for BBQ and hot tubbing that overlooked a GORGEOUS view as well! Then we headed home to arizona and drove through the night! I am just sooo grateful for the opportunity I got to be a counselor! I not only saw changes in the youth's lives, but mine as well. It gave me good habits to continue and an extra boost to better my life and to live the gospel 100% of the time. I just loved feeling the spirit 24/7 and being in a positive environment at all times and I want to bring it home with me! I really hope I can do it again next summer now that I am prepared and know what to except! Ahh I love EFY!  ohhh and how could I forget about the DLG!! So the DLG is the cafeteria on campus and it is the number one rated Cafeteria in the country because it is FANTASTIC!! Holy cow was it good. Me and the 3 girls above ate SO much there and easily gained 10 pounds each :( the food is fresh and cooked right in front of your face and there is SO much to choose from. We would get every entree and split them all so we could try them all then the ones we liked best we would go back and get seconds then the had unlimited ice cream which got us in trouble and their cakes and other desserts were heavenly. We love you DLG, always and forever!

Comments

  1. Haha Jack Johnson mentions the DLG in his song "Bubbly Toes", makes me happy every time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays