Tsunami?.... nahh
Aloha everybody. So ya a Tsunami warning was nuts! Wanna hear my whole story/ view from it? If not... oh well its for my personal use. Well... around 8:30 I was on FB and saw Kilie's status that said something about Tsunami warning round 2 and i just said hmm alright whatevs. I went to go country swing dancing at 9 and no one was there so Megynn, Caleb and I were talking, then they played the piano while I was riding in circles on a longboard. Then I get a call from my friend Megan who has lived here her whole life and she say's he what are you doing? I told her and she asked if I knew what was going on? I said ummm no.. wait about the Tsunami? she replied. YES and that right now it was a watch but it most likely will turn into a warning and that means you need to get to higher ground. I though alll right, no big deal its not going to happen. So i hung up told Megynn and Caleb what was up they were like hmm alright and we talked about all the what ifs. Then Jordan and Jeremy show up and were chatting then Megan calls me again and says, "Hey Trell, it is a warning now so you should get some food and clothes packed and get to higher ground" I was like woah really? Alright i'll see what I can do. I told the kids I was with and Jeremy who has lived here his whole life was like ehh its no big deal there have been plenty of warnings and nothing ever happens. So I still wasn't too worried. Then... the sirens go off. Once I heard those sirens I started to wonder if I should worry or not. So we were like well i guess we better go get some stuff packed ya? So we went to Jordans house so he could pack and most of the locals were packing all that they had, chairs and all. Once seeing this i started to worry that this might actually be a real big tsunami hitting us. Once Jeremy told us that he was starting to actually worry about this one is what made me finally start to feel sick inside. We got dropped of at our house and I called Huston because I trusted that if I was with them I would be safe. When I asked what they were doing he of course gave me a hard time and was saying i don't need to worry and to just stay on the point cause that would be the safest spot (ya right). Finally he told me he was just kidding and said to pack some stuff and that if we wanted we could go hang out with them all night. So Megynn and I packed our backpacks with clothes and dry food then stuffed the top of our closets in case we did get flooded. Huston and Ben came to pick us up and they were cracking jokes and lightening up the mood for us and they were not worried about this Tsunami at all. So we chilled with them on the 2nd level and watched the news all night waiting to see of we really needed to get to higher ground such as behind the temple where everyone else was. The whole time I was pretty quite and just thinking about the what ifs, and stuff like that. Once 2 hit and I saw live footage of the waves in Waikiki I didn't worry any more because the water looked pretty much normal. Just a little bit higher than usual. So I fell asleep on the ground and woke up to 7 missed calls from my mother at 4:30 in the morning wondering if I was alright and I told her I guess I am cause I am alive and there is no damage around me! Haha. Luckily my teacher canceled my class the next morning which was a Friday so I had a day off and what did I do? HW all day!! Why? Cause i wanted to get ahead so that when Olivia came in that night I could party with her all week and not worry about getting my HW done! ;)
Friday night Olivia Villegas came on to the wonderful island of Oahu to celebrate Spring Break!! It was so much fun having her here and it gave me an excuse to do fun things and eat goooood food!
Saturday we went Kayaking at Halewia with 8 other people and it was SO fun! The water was dirty and not clear cause of the Tsunami but it was still an adventure. I was paired up with my friend Taylor and we had some communication problems and could do nothing right at all.... but just made it that much more memorable.
Then we looked around in the awesome surf shops there and got free shaved Ice then went to a prettier beach and tanned, swam , took underwater pictures, played tic-tac-toe and hangman in the sand. The we were able to find IMPOSSIBLE PIZZA TRUCK!! The name says it all. It is a moving pizza truck along the North Shore and you have to find its location to get pizza. These pizza are 20" which are HUGE! But ever so tasty! Then im drawing a blank on what we did saturday night... shoot.
Well Sunday we went to stake conference and then Since this was Olivias vacation and my friend Tori had a friend visiting as well, we would of felt bad if we made them just sit around the house with us on Sunday. So we figured going to Turtle Bay Resort and playing some fun beach volleyball and walking around the beach and out on the rocks would be alright.
Monday was SNORKELING DAY! Woo. We went to Sharks Cove to snorkel and it was a little wavy but we saw some sweet fish and derek and Olivia saw an EEL!
After snorkeling we went to Pipeline Beach to see the Volcom sponsored house and it is SICK! There was also way huge waves that day and tons of body boarders and surfers out and it was tight watching them cause their legit.
After that we went to Kahuku Grill for Jordan's 24th birthday with everybody!! I am addicted to this place!! Then we had one of Jordan's favorite cakes which was Angel Food Cake with some homemade yumminess added to it!! I think I gained an instant 5 pounds from it.
Friends!
Tuesday we had a great devotional from Elder Groberg about Power in Purity! Then Tori, Amanda, Derek, Olivia and I went to TED's Bakery so Olivia and Amanda could experience this amazingness! They were sold as well. Then we hit up Waimea and the shoreline was closed due to having too big of waves which stunk, but it was cool watching the surfers on the them and playing soccer on the beach. Then we got Aoki's shaved ice and had a strange encounter with a deaf, drunk, homeless man that kept falling over on the street, then our car, then on the ground and it was freakyyy. I signed to him to see if he needed help or food cause Amanda being the nice person that she is offered but when he told me he was drunk and didn't want our food or water I insisted that we leave fast. Blaaa I hate creeps.
Wednesday was Olivia's last full day :( So after school We went and did a little walk/hike to goats island and there is like a secluded calm beach on the island and the 4 of us just goofed off and talked and played games and what not there.
Then on the walk back when we got to the shore two dogs ran up to us and followed us all the way back to the beach by our house where we were going to tan and they sat there the whole time while we tanned, then followed us back up to the point and they ran in front of us for a second and as soon as they didn't have sight of us we booked it up our driveway to our house hoping to lose them. and... we did!
Our watch dogs.
Then last night we went to the temple and played ultimate frisbee then had Olivia say her goodbyes to her new friends she met here :( We then this morning we left for the airport at 5am and said our goodbyes! I miss her already! It was so fun having her here! But I did get to see my lovely friend Kari LeSuer now Betenson after I dropped Olivia off cause her and her new hubby are honeymooning here on Oahu so I asked her if I could steal her for like 45 minutes to catch up before she moves to Utah! I love that girl so much and so glad for our friendship!
Love her!
That was it for my week and I just want to say driving in Hawaii is the BEST!! Today jammin to my music, windows, down and THIS to look at the whole drive home ;) LG

Comments
Post a Comment