Culture Night!


Culture Night FINALLY CAME!! and it was SO much fun performing again! I thought i would be nervous and stuff but I wasn't. It was so fun dancing in front of about 1500+ people. Samoa club was 17th out of 21 so I thought most people would leave and not even watch ours but I was definitely wrong! I guess everyone like waits to see what our club does. I don't blame them. We looked SOO good out there! After many weeks of long practices it was worth it. So that was Friday night followed by pancakes. P.S. the dance is on my facebook. cheeckk it outt
                  Megynn was in the African Club!! We battled it out ;)
Before the performance I found out some bad news... I am pretty sure the word has gotten out between my mom and friends, so I might as well just tell you guys myself. I. have. lice. and its disgusting, and itchy, and straight up AWFUL! My roommates are doing a good job taking care of me, but I still wish I had my mom helping out cause mothers always know best! But ya so Wednesday, Thursday my head had been itching REALLY bad, and I thought I just burnt my scalp or something. Then when I was showering mid afternoon on Friday I found little bugs coming out of my hair... I FREAKED! I thought they were fleas cause McKayli had sand flea bites all up her legs at the beginning of the semester. So being the paranoid person that I am I immediately thought I was going to die, and that these bugs were injecting viruses, tapeworms, and were going to eat me alive. I washed my hair frantically like 4 times trying to get as much out as I could. Once they stopped coming out I got out of the shower and started researching how to get rid of fleas out of your hair, and once I saw a picture of a flea i knew that those were not in my hair because they were too big. Then I researched ticks, and they looked more similar to what I saw, but not quite. Lastly, I looked at lice and the symptoms and a picture and it was dead on to what I saw in my hand. I was very relieved to see that it was lice because they are not dangerous, just contagious to others. So I went down to Foodland to buy lice shampoo and my friend Tori, and my roommates stripped our apartment of everything to wash and clean it all while I lathered my hair in the sticky shampoo. After rinsing that out I tried combing my hair with the nit comb they give you but it was impossible. So my lovely roommates stepped in and spent about 60-90 minutes piece by piece getting little lice bugs, and nits/eggs out of my hair. I seriously owe them my LIFE! I do not know of many people who would do that for you. So thanks from the bottom of my heart Megynn and McKayli and a thanks in advance for this friday when you have to do it again!
So disgusting.
So ya everyone is scared of me now, which stinks. I will feel really bad if my roommates or anyone else I hang out with get it. So pray it leaves my head and does not transfer to my friends!! :(

Okay now back to earlier in the week, we went crab hunting with Jordan and Jeremy on Tuesday and it was way cool! I was scared at first to catch the crabs... but I braved up and eventually caught some of the little ones. They are harmless its sweet. Except this one is a big daddy that i would not touch cause he actually pinches.
  
Wednesday we jumped off the point! It is about 30-35 feet, is what I think I was told. Anyways I wasn't too scared I watched the other girls freak out and take forever while I was recording then when it was my turn I just and counted to 3 and jumped. Once I was falling in the air I got slightly scared cause I just kept falling. Then I didn't go in the straightest and slightly smacked my bum but it wasn't too bad. Still super fun.
Saturday I had a lame Political Science test I had to take which kind of ruined my day. But you gotta do what you gotta do. Then I chilled and then saw the Justin Bieber movie! I went down by myself and thinking I was going to watch it by myself cause my roommates didn't wanna come and everyone else was busy. I was kind of excited cause I have always wanted to watch a movie in a theatre alone. But  I saw some girls from upstairs in the theatre and my friend who was a maybe ended up coming and I sat with them! It was such a good movie though! I think Justin is adorable!! Then that night we went to Megynns work party at the game center and played ping pong, bowling, fooseball, and ate food all for free. Finally, we got ready at home for the Gangster Dance Party and it was SO much fun! We love dancing in big baggy clothes and it was just all around a good time! :)

(The picture wont load of us in our gangster outfits so I will have to do it later)

Comments

  1. Trellany I am so sorry that you have lice. Thank goodness you have such wonderful roommates! I am so glad that you did culture night and loved it! That is so fun! I love living and reminiscing through you and your blog! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays