September have the house to ourselves again!
First day of the month I had Eva and Olive over and I gave Kasey the envelope with the gender in it so she could fill the balloon up with the correct color. While the girls were playing I made enchilada’s for Eryn to send home with Eva for the night. That afternoon the Kleins came over for Swedish meatballs and to Swim. Then I went to Bunco that night. Wednesday I watch the Hogle boys in the morning and Myla had fun with Henry and Monty and then that night we had the Gender Reveal Party!!
Ahh I was so anxious, but we had dinner with just my family first and then the rest of the Bodine’s came over and they wrote down their guesses and we started throwing darts and the balloons and they were all filled with White paint because I didn’t want the first balloon to be popped to have the color in it and the fun be over. But no one knew that except Lucas, Me, Kasey and Bromley (he was filming) so one by one the kids and adults were throwing the darts missing more than hitting them. But every time it was another white one the suspense got greater. Then we were down to 2 and everyone was anxious to see what the color would be. Lucas and I threw the darts and missed 2 times so we got real close and popped the last 2 and they both exploded white and everyone was like wait what? Some people said I KNEW IT!! Then Kasey came walking out with the REAL balloon and got it set up and everyone was really paying attention now and Lucas and I both threw our darts and I popped the balloon and there was BLUE paint that went everywhere! We were both shocked and so excited to see the blue though! The boy cousins were jumping up and down and yelling with excitement and the girl cousins were just standing there not looking too thrilled. It was super funny. The Bodine side was all ready for another boy since its been 6 years since a boy grandson was born and we are very heavy on the girl count. It was super fun and I am glad we did a fun way to reveal the Gender.
After that we had cake and ice cream for Alli’s birthday and the kids played on the tennis court for while. Thursday we went to Costco and stocked up on food and supplies and had a chill night. Friday I went to Uptown jungle with Kasey and the girls and Steph and Emma and Myla has turned a corner with play places. She actually ran around and left my side and went up and down slides! It was amazing to see her finally get the hang of playing on the jungle gym. That night we went to look at furniture and fixtures but didn’t have any luck, then had the Millett Girls over for dinner and games! Saturday we went swimming in the morning with the Kleins and then watch Tangled in the afternoon and then Lucas and I went with my family to the movie theatres because they are FINALLY open again!! We saw the movie Tenet which was interesting but Lucas mainly wanted to go for the popcorn! It’s our last night of having our built in babysitter on a weekend so we took advantage of it. Sunday we had virtual church and dinner at my parents house!
Monday was Labor Day and I took Myla to altitude jump park in the morning and then we did a surprise early birthday/going away dinner for mom and had the adult siblings meet at gecko grill. She was totally surprised which was awesome! Then after dinner we all went back to the house and the kids came too for dessert/presents and to watch the first half of the year video since I have a lot of footage from this year. Mom was so grateful for this gathering and everyone said their goodbyes. Lucas Me and Delynn then finished the last “24” episode to end our roommate time together. We watched 6 seasons together!
Tuesday we had olive over in the morning hung around the house and helped pack some things up. That night Delynn have Myla a “transition gift” which were Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven dolls. Myla looooved it and still has no idea they are leaving the next day. So we had our LAST night in the queen size bed which I’m so happy about!
Wednesday morning was easy going we had a nice breakfast all together and then took them to the airport. Delynn and I cried when hugging goodbye. It’s been a fun 5 months and I’m going to miss having the company and extra set of hands to help around the house with. I keep saying I wish I had a baby in April so I could of had all this extra help during the tough parts. Mom she’d a tear saying goodbye to Myla and Lucas as well and we waved Goodbye and they were off to England again. I was pretty quiet on the drive home trying not to cry more and just process everything. We then got busy with moving all our stuff over to the master bedroom and garage and we’re pretty much moved over by 3:00. It’s easy just moving rooms in the same house. Friday we went and looked at a couch and bought it for our house when we move back.
Then we did a diamondbacks game night with our friends and had food, trivia, hot dog race, and the 7th inning stretch. It was fun to pretend like we were at the game. Saturday we went to Sunsplash with the Klein’s and Faith and Jane and it was great because they are only letting a certain amount of people in so we were able to walk on to every ride. Sunday we had our first IN PERSON church. It was so great to be in the building again and see some ward members. Then we did dinner at the Millett’s and played a new game with them which was fun. Monday was Lucas first day of training for her new Job at the VA he got to do it from home for 3 days which was nice to see him at lunch and on breaks.
It was Jessica’s birthday so I had her and Audrey over to hang out and let the kids play and we enjoyed Acai bowls. Then that night we went to Crew Olsen’s first birthday party. Wednesday we went to Krazy Air to celebrate Chloe’s birthday and Myla is getting better at playing on the trampolines. Then that night we planned a surprise Walleyball night for Jessica’s birthday as well and it was so fun to play again! Thursday Myla had a ROUGH morning. Lucas went to the hospital for work so it was just Myla and I by ourselves and I think the adjustment of not having anyone else around is getting to her because she had a meltdown about what she wanted to eat for breakfast for 30 minutes. It was so awful and sad and felt like she would never snap out of it. But she finally did and what a relief! We then went to my moms house to swim with Sabrina, Senna, and Kennedy and my mom and she was still acting funny and didn’t want to swim or do anything but be held. I thought being around other adults who want to give her attention would help but it didn’t. Friday I had my first traditional wedding since March! It was hot but real fun to be back out there filming and socializing. My body hurt way bad afterwards and feet were sore so hopefully my body adjust and gets used to carrying heavy equipment again.
Saturday I went to my moms house to meet up with Lauren and Randa and It was fun catching up with them and then Myla loved playing hide n seek with Lauren’s kids. That night we went to a new Backyard Taco grand opening and got free food then went to the Main Event with the Packard’s and Skousen’s to celebrate the September birthdays and we had a lot fun playing in the arcade, bowling, & laser tag! Sunday we had virtual church and then went to my moms for dinner!
This week Myla and I went to the park since the weather is starting to cool down. It was still a little warm but if we were in the shade it was decent. Tuesday was Audreys birthday so I had her and Sabrina over to hang out and let the kids play and it was fun! Then Lucas and I went to RA to use his half birthday coupon. We then went to stalk Nanna at work and they were closed so we waited creepily outside and she eventually saw us and let us in and introduced us to her co-worker. Wednesday I went to Giggles with Audrey and took Olive with us too and the kids had a great time. Then we had Owen over after naps to let Tayzia pack up some stuff for their move. Thursday Kennedy came over to try out the Maskara makeup on me to see if I want to use it/buy it. It felt really light on my face and she made it look great but I feel like I won’t be able to make it look like that. Then Kelli & Sage stopped by to borrow moms car since Sage’s car pooped on her. Then I took Myla to the aquarium. Friday I had my first gig for Something New Media and I thought it went well. It was really nice to be a 2nd shooter and not have to stay the whole night. It will be a nice side job to have! Then Saturday we headed to Tucson to film a wedding and got there plenty early and ate Cane’s then got some drone shots. The bride and groom were so so nice and grateful to have us there and they were a lot of fun to be around. Everything went pretty smooth except for it being toasty. The reception was beautiful and fun and they threw a good party. The photographer was Irina and she was one of our bride’s from April 2019 that lives in Fresno! It was really fun to catch up with her and see her again! We stayed the night at a hotel in town then slept in and left the next morning and listened to church on the way home. We then picked Myla up and had dinner at Whitney’s house that night. Monday I wasn’t feeling too great so we stayed home and then Tuesday I felt worse but we had Owen over so Tayzia could do some packing and I thought it would make it easier on me for Myla to have someone to play with but she wasn’t being very nice to him and was getting jealous so it made for a really long morning. I lost my temper on Myla a couple times and felt bad but she was just being so naughty. The next day Myla was really struggling again and had multiple tantrums. I think since we were home bound for 4 days and she just wanted to get out. Also think it’s still contributing to butch and Delynn being gone because she never had melt downs like this when they were here. It was also Delynn's birthday on the 30th so we sent her a video of our special time together as our gift. :)



Comments
Post a Comment