March- Trip to Nashville
Started this month out with a cousins girls staycation in Scottsdale! We all met at The White Chocolate Grill for dinner and the food was amazing!! Then we went to the hotel and had some trouble checking in but eventually got into our rooms. Then we all changed into comfy clothes and met in the older girls room and played Dirty Minds and What Do You Meme. We laughed a ton, shared some funny stories, ate a lot of candy, and went to bed late. I was worried Myla wouldn’t take a bottle well since the past 3 weeks she hasn’t but luckily she took it and slept the whole night for Lucas. That was such a relief! The next morning we went down to the pool and i had 4 bags of breastmilk that I pumped and needed to keep on Ice so I found a water pitcher and ice by the pool and kept the bags of milk in there.
It was sunny at first and then it got cloudy and started raining. So we took cover for a bit, then it let up and me Stephanie, Leah, and Adelle went to the lazy river and had some good conversation. Then we all went to the hot tub, then went back and ordered some lunch poolside, then the sun came back out! Yay. The pool guy then surprised us with complimentary macaroons!
Lucas came in clutch and brought everything and got stuff setup. We had cornhole, and spikeball and frisbee. I really wanted it to be setup like a tournament and even made country glad stickers for everyone to wear. But with everyone having kids it was hard to do a tournament and it was just whoever plays whoever. It was still really fun to hang with friends and eat pizza and end my week long Golden Birthday Celebrations!
Tuesday I then was lucky enough to go to the Justin Timberlake concert with my mom, Cari Anne & Trennon! Our seats were way up high but the concert was amazing!! He is such a good performer! Wednesday we did our first Walking Wednesday with Kasey and Whitney! Hopefully we can do more! Thursday I had an Indian Wedding with a high maintenance bride so I felt like we were all walking on egg shells. Friday was a chill day, then Saturday I had another wedding. Then Sunday March 10th Myla said MOM for the first time. Totally melted my heart and she said it so distinctly. It was awesome. Monday Jane was on spring break so I had her come play with Myla for an hour so I could work. Thursday I went on a nature walk with some friends and it was nice to enjoy some good weather.
Friday I went to Trennon & Bromley’s vball game and they both played and won! Saturday I had another wedding and it was super fancy!! Monday I got my hair done by Hillary and that is always a great day.
The next day was busy getting ready and packed for Tennessee! Wednesday morning we left for Tennessee! Myla did really well on the flights and was happy, and slept a little, and loved all the people watching and entertaining! We landed at 5:30 and were picked up by Johnathon and headed to their house! Megynn had cute signs to welcome us and I was SOO happy to see her and Peter!!
We got a tour of their house, unpacked, and then ate dinner! We gave the babies a bath together and they looked so cute together. After putting babies to bed we stayed up late catching up on life. Thursday they both had to work so we wanted to do all the touristy stuff so they didn’t feel obligated to do it again.
Johnathon drove us into the city and parked at his work, and we walked from there to Biscuit Love to get their famous Bonuts (biscuit donut) it was super tasty. Then we walked to the Country Music Hall of Fame and got our tickets for the RC studio tour. It’s one of the first studios and where Elvis, Dolly Parton, and other famous singers have recorded their stuff.
We drove back and we for sure thought she would pass out right away and she was awake the whole time until right when we pulled into the parking garage. We waited in the car for 45 minutes so she could sleep and then Megynn and Johnathon go there and we went to a blues club for dinner and enjoyed the music. The musicians were loving Myla and Peter. We walked back to Johnathon work and he took us up to the top floor to see the view of the city and it was real pretty! As we were walking to the car I noticed Peter had some gunk in his eye so I got nervous that he might have pink eye. :(
Friday we went to get biscuits and gravy at the Frothy Monkey which was delicious! Then we drove around Belle Meade and it was so gorgeous then we went to the plantation and hung out there.
Then we went back to the Webb’s to get ready for the temple and peter did have pink eye and they didn’t want to leave him with a babysitter so we left Myla with them and we went to the temple to do initiatories. The temple was really tiny and they had sessions for initiatories, so different from AZ. Then Lucas and I went to get Jeni’s Splendid ice cream and it was very good. We played a game that night which was fun and then called it a night. Myla didn’t sleep good that night and was in the bed with us again.
Saturday we ate breakfast and got ready and headed out into the country to go on a hike. It was about a 2 hour drive and Myla was pretty grumpy, eventually both babies fell asleep in the car. We got there and Myla woke up and was pretty restless which isn’t like her, luckily once we got her in the hiking backpack she was a little better but not her usual self so I had a feeling she might of caught what Peter had. Peter was such a champ you could tell he didn’t feel good but he was still very calm and relaxed. The hike was along a riverbed and it was really beautiful. We had some good conversation and then stopped to eat lunch at the half way point. The water was freezing but the boys got in up to their knees, and then they dared us to get in. We didn’t want too and then they said we were boring moms and we didn’t want to be boring moms so we said we’ll be fun moms and get our feet wet so our kids know we were cool! We screamed the whole time but we did it for our kids. We hiked back out and the babies fell asleep. Then we nursed both of them back at the car and then packed up to head home.
Peter was crying so Megynn started out in the back and then he stopped crying and Myla started crying so at a stop light we switched and I went back there to try and get her calmed down. Then once she stopped, Peter started up again and so forth. It was pretty comical how they wouldn’t cry at the same time and were taking turns. We called in Thai food to go since both babies weren’t feeling good and while we were waiting for the food to be ready Myla’s eyes started to have some goopy stuff so we knew she was at the beginning stages of having pink eye. :( Luckily Megynn called in a prescription and Lucas was able to pick it up so we could get on top of it before it got bad. We got back to the house and got the babies down for bed and then ate our dinner. We all felt exhausted afterwards and watched some YouTube videos and then called it a night. Myla woke up when we were heading to bed and totally had a goopy eye it was so sad to see. She then woke up about every 3 hours which normally would be annoying but it was good for us to get drops in her eyes every time because by the morning the gunk was mostly gone and she looked much better. So it was a rough night but worth it to clear her eye up so she could be happier for the plane ride home. We went to church and it was cool to see their friends and their ward family. Everyone there loves them so much.
We then went home and had lunch, packed up our stuff, then the babies took naps, and we hung out on their lawn and chatted. Then when the babies woke up we went to take their family pictures, and their backyard is amazing and we walked down the creek and found some great spots! Peter was happy and it made for some great pictures! We then ate an early dinner and headed to the airport. It was a bitter sweet goodbye.
I love the Webb’s they are such good friends and I wish they were closer so we could hang out a bunch. Our flight was at 7:00 and when booking it I thought that would be great because Myla would be tired and she would sleep the whole time. Well I was wrong. She had a hard time falling asleep/getting comfortable and was so over tired and fell asleep on the first flight about an hour afterwards but had to be nursing. So that was not comfortable for me. She slept for the 2 hours and then continued to sleep when we got off the plane and then about 30 minutes later woke up and was super alert & happy which was fine. But the 2nd flight was ROUGH! She wanted to sleep but couldn’t fall asleep and was pretty fussy most of the flight. She wasn’t screaming crying, but it was a sad cry. And was only quite if nursing. I was exhausted as well and just wanted to sleep too. We finally landed at 11:30pm AZ time which was 1:30am Tennessee time and Myla woke up again and looked like a zombie. I felt so bad for her. We got home and I thought she would go right to sleep but she struggled again and I started crying because I felt like a bad mom for making her go through all that because she just wanted to sleep and I just wanted to sleep. It was rough.
The next day we were still so tired and then we started to feel sick and I ended up getting strep, and Lucas had a cold. It took about 2 weeks to finally feel normal again. The 29th was Lucas’ birthday and we got free lunch and dessert and went to Charleston’s for dinner with my family. Lucas then left that night to go to D.C for the Physical Therapy advocacy forum so it was my first night in the new house by myself. I was a little nervous every night but we survived. I got a lot of work done at night while he was gone. The days definitely felt longer not having him to look forward to coming home. We had Alexis over one night for dinner which helped! That wraps up the month of March!
Comments
Post a Comment