April- California & Utah



Myla is 9 months old and crawling all over the place! Started out the month with watching Olive for an hour and she was happy at first and then got sad when Myla wanted to play with her, so I tried distracting her and then Myla was hungry so I had to nurse her while holding Olive in the other arm and Myla glared Olive the whole time like what are you doing in my space. It was quite the scene. 
Next day I took Myla over to the Ruffley’s so they could meet her and they all loved her an Myla was putting on a show and doing all her tricks for them. It was so great.  Friday we went on a hike by the river with Tayzia and Jessica Sneed and it was a little warm but fun to get out. We came across a rattlesnake which got my heart pumping but we went around a different way to avoid it. We were a little on edge and then someone’s dog came out of nowhere to our side and freaked us out and we jumped and screamed which made the babies cry. The owners apologized but it would of been totally fine if we didn’t just see the rattlesnake. 
 
We then were able to enjoy conference weekend and enjoyed all the talks that were given. That Sunday we did the Bodine Easter Dinner and had a fun Easter Egg hunt with the kids and then the adults did one and got prizes based off the numbers that were in our eggs. Myla had her check up and is still in the 60% for everything. 
We went to the Ben Rector concert with the Millett’s and Hiatt’s and he was AMAZING!! Love him even more now. Myla got a bad diaper rash so I had her air out her bum outside and she was loving being naked and crawling around everywhere.
 
 April 12th we left for Fresno California to film a wedding and Lucas thought it was good to bring the “coffin” which is a huge case for video equipment and I looked online and it said if you are doing video you get a discount for oversized luggage. So I figured great we are videographers so we can take it. Well when we were trying to check in they said it would be $400 each way!! Our jaws dropped and we said no way what about the video deal. She said we had to have a media pass to get that deal. We knew we could charge the bride an additional $800 when she was planning on $120. Lucas was quick to think and said is there another flight we can catch so we can go home and re-pack? Thankfully there was a flight that we could fly standby on at 4:00 so that gave us 4 hours to go home repack and make it back in time. Talk about stressful. We made it to California at 6:00 and went and checked in to the hotel and then went to eat at Dog House which was very busy and very good food. Then we went back to the hotel and searched for a hot tub but they didn’t have one. So we just called it a night. The next day I slept IN which was so nice. Then we had breakfast at the hotel and got ready for the wedding. The venue was about 15 minutes away and it was outside in a vineyard and it was very green and pretty. Irina was so happy to see us and I was excited to film their big day. Everything went very smooth up until the ceremony. 
The grandma who came all the way from Romania wasn’t there yet and they didn’t want to start without her. So we waited and waited and waited. 45 minutes later she finally showed up in tears. She was so worried she was going to miss it. Luckily we had plenty of time til sunset so it all worked out. The ceremony was very emotional, the reception was gorgeous and they had a Cannoli cake! It was soooo cool and delicious. Everything worked out in our favor for this wedding. We didn’t have any hiccups on our part which I’m so grateful for. I get way more nervous for out of state weddings since they are paying a lot more for us to come so I am always way more on my A-game making sure everything is working great. We were so exhausted that night and crashed hard at the hotel. 
Sunday we went to church with Kylee Salazar & her family and it was so good to see all of them. Kylee taught the lesson in young woman’s and it was very powerful. We then went to their house afterwards for lunch and chatted until we had to leave at 2:30 for the airport. I was excited to get home and see Myla and she was so happy to see us that night too. 
During the week I just edited, and played with Myla and then we went bowling one night and had Jane come over to be at the house with Myla. I put her down so Jane didn’t have to do that and Jane was so excited for her first babysitting gig. We gave her $2 and a cupcake from sweet tooth fairy. We had a ward potluck this week too and didn’t meet too many people... it’s hard knowing we’re only here for 2 years. Then Friday I flew up to Utah with Myla to film Tyler Lyons bridals. I was a little nervous to fly by myself with her and luckily when I got to the gate I saw Traci Beagley, Brittany Arnett, and Craig & Amy Ahlstrom and they were on the same flight. So I put all my stuff with them so I could chase Myla around because she was having a great time crawling. I got to chat with them here and there and they bought me a salad which was very nice. They had an earlier boarding time then me so I thought I wouldn’t see them again and then as I was boarding they saved me a seat next to them that was only 5 rows back. I was shocked because who willingly wants to sit next to a baby on a plane. That was a big blessing to sit with them and talk more and catch up. 
Myla was asleep most of the flight so it was very doable. Then Tyson Burnham picked me up from the airport and took me to Provo where the Lyons house is and it is gorgeous! It’s the last house on the hill before you can hike the Y. It has an amazing view of the town and just very picturesque. But you can’t expect anything less than that from them. I was so excited to see Grant & Jill and we talked for quite a while and they loved on Myla and she loved on them. Then I got her ready for bed and I felt soooo sick Myself that I had to go to bed too. I was worried I wouldn’t feel better in the morning but luckily I did. 
We had a slow morning and played outside and talked with Cathy. Then Myla took a short nap then Andrea picked me up and we went to Cubby’s with McKayli and Kate and it was super fun to catch up with all of them. Andrea took me back and I had about an hour to kill until we needed to leave for the temple.
 
We dropped Myla off at Lauren’s on the way so she could watch her. As we’re driving to the SLC temple it starts to rain. That is never a good sign when you’re about to do pictures. Jill was worrying a bit but I kept saying it could be totally fine at the temple let’s not worry about it til we are there. The grounds were still dry but you could see some dark clouds coming. We hurry and did the first look and then it started to rain. It wasn’t too heavy but enough to take cover. We waited about 10 minutes and then it cleared up and we had beautiful light and soft sun for some dreamy pictures and video. After that Amanda Burnham took me back to Lauren’s house and she ordered us Seven Brothers Burgers and it was delicious. We tried putting the babies down but they weren’t having it so we kept them up a little longer. Camry was in heaven with Myla and couldn’t get enough of her.
Sunday was Easter! I didn’t realize it was Easter when I booked the flight so I didn’t have to leave til 2:00 and was sad I missed spending Easter with Lucas. Lauren was kind enough and made an Easter basket for Myla and then her kids did a little egg hunt. We then went to church came home and ate lunch and then went to the airport.
 I’m glad I got home in time for Easter dinner. This next week we went to the splash pad for the first time and Myla wasn’t the biggest fan of it, very timid to play in it.  
Then we went to dinner with Sister Walter and Hayden and his wife and new baby. Then we had Lucas’ PT board of trustees dinner. Then Saturday I had a wedding at Tre Bella and the bride for sick right after dinner and wouldn’t come out of the brides room until it was time to leave. So there were no toasts, or parent dances, and then they obviously didn’t dance with the guests. They came out and cut the cake, and then had the sparkler exit. Soooo awkward. Sunday I spoke in church about Bednars recent conference talk on the atonement. 
Monday I had a bridal shoot at lost Dutchman and then Tuesday we went to the Diamondbacks game with my whole family and they played the Yankees. We bought the $25 ice cream helmet and split it with everyone. It was a big hit. That wraps it up for April. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays