Met Great Grandma Whitmer!
Saturday morning we headed to Central with Tyler, Stephanie and their kids to pay a visit to Grandma Whitmer! We were really excited to eat at the Burger House on the way but it was CLOSED in honor of Labor day even though Labor day was Monday! We were pretty bummed. So we made it to Taylor Freeze instead and got our food to go to eat at the park. Myla slept the whole drive, its the perfect distance away for her nap!
We got to Grandmas house and she was so excited to see all of us! We helped out with some chores like window cleaning, and yard work. The boys then went to shoot the guns and us girls stayed and painted grandmas nails and Aunt Steph painted Myla's toes.
The boys came back with Pizza for dinner and ice cream for dessert! We then got a text from Butch and Delynn that their mission call had arrived! We were excited about that and that changed our plans to get home earlier Sunday than expected. The rest of the night we talked and caught up! Myla didn't take very good naps there because Tyler was pretty loud and then at night she woke up a couple times to eat as well. We were a little tired on Sunday, but we had breakfast and then went to church and took pictures in front of the temple!
We headed over to see Mom and Dad open their mission call & everyone was so excited and was writing their guesses down on the map! Lucas and I had a bet that if I was closest to the guess he would have to play church basketball, and if he won I would have to make German Chocolate cake. So we did a coin toss to see who got to guess first and Lucas won the toss so he said Germany which means I couldn't guess that. Dad then said why don't you guess England since there are 2 PA missions there. So I guessed England. Sure enough their call is to Birmingham England reporting January 21st! So I won the guesses! Can't wait to see Lucas play church ball!
The following weekend we went to Chole Skousen's 1st birthday party and Myla slept through the whole thing! Which I was glad because I was filming it. We then did our first Ikea trip with the sisters and that was fun to get out of the house and hang out with them! Myla then experienced her first rainstorm and it was fun to see her face when she felt it land on her and I enjoyed just sitting outside with her, watching her experience it. The next weekend Myla and I had the Ultimate girls weekend while dad was hiking with his brothers. Friday we went to a pop up shopping thing with Bri and Whitney then came back to our house and hung out and chatted.
Saturday we got to meet Baby Peter Webb! Megynn was in town and had a baby shower, so that was fun to meet him!
Lucas was on break this whole week so we hung out with the Packards, & Webb's and played the Marble game like old times. It was fun to all be together again.

We also visited Ashley and it was so great to see her walking around again and to not be in her bed! The end of Lucas' break we had an elopement up in Sedona so we took my parents with us so they could watch Myla while we worked. We got there Thursday night and had an AMAZING dinner at Mariposa that my parents treated us too. Friday we did a short hike near the hotel and Myla did really good and slept the whole time.
Then we grabbed lunch, then drove around and saw the Sedona Golf Resort that my Papa built 30+ years ago. My parents were good at giving us the history on all of that. Then we went back to the hotel and cleaned up and then Lucas and I left to shoot the wedding and it went really well. They got married half way up Cathedral rock and Lucas was a champ at carrying the heavy tripod case up there. The bride and groom were really good in front of the camera so it made our job easy. They then had a small dinner afterwards that we filmed as well and then we were done by 7:30. My parents said Myla did great and they loved spending all the time with her. That night we watched some TV and called it a night. Saturday we hiked most of Devil's bridge we got to the part before the climb up. My mom was done so we had to go back.
Myla slept most of that hike too! We then cleaned up, packed and drove home so we could get there in time for Allison's baptism. After the baptism we had Delynn's 60th birthday Fiesta and had yummy food, then a performance by the adults and we sang her a song and were all wearing fake mustaches! I put on on Myla not realizing her skin would be so sensitive so when I ripped it off she SCREAMED and cried for a while and I felt so bad. I almost cried because I felt so bad! Then we watched the video I made for mom of all us saying our favorite memory of her and what we love about her. She loved the video and it was the best gift to give for her to watch when she is on the mission.
Comments
Post a Comment