Starting off 2018 with a Bang!


It’s 2018!! We started the year off great with Lucas finally eating chocolate again! He went all of 2017 without chocolate and I’m happy I can share chocolate stuff with him again. We also watched my dad light off some really big fireworks so that was fun. We then slept at my parents house so we could be ready and on time to leave in the morning for HAWAII!! Our plane left at 7:30am and we made the flight just fine. Jessica, Sterling, & Indie were on the flight to go home so I got to catch up with them a little bit at the airport. We then went to eat lunch at L&L because it was the only thing open. Then we went to Pearl Harbor but it was closed!!! :( 
We we’re pretty disappointed, so we went to Wal-Mart to get some groceries, then stopped at the Dole Plantation for Dole Whip, so good. Then we headed to the house and it was amazing! It was right on Hukilua beach, nice a spacious, had our own room. It was so perfect. We took a walk on the beach towards the temple, walked down to the temple and visited with the sisters, then walked back to make some dinner. That pretty much summed up the first day of 2018! 
Tuesday we headed to Waimea bay to start our north shore beach tour. The waves were HUGE, and my dad and brothers got slammed a couple times and my dad had the gnarliest wipeout as he was trying to run out to the beach and wave swept him off his feet like it was nothing. I wish I could of got it on tape. We spent a few hours there watching people get slammed and enjoying the perfect water temperature. We then went to Shark’s cove to do some snorkeling and saw an array of fish. After that we went to pipeline beach and there were a ton of surfers out there and we assumed most were professional because they were super good and the Pipe Masters wasn’t too long ago and the sponsor houses are all on that beach. It was super rad. We then went to eat at Ted’s bakery to finish off the day. The chocolate Haupia (coconut) pie was just as delicious as I remembered. We then went home and showered and watched a movie.
  

Wednesday we went to Kualoa Ranch and did the Movie Sites & ranch tour. A ton of movies have been filmed here so that was cool to see some of the locations and hear more about the history of the ranch. 
We then ate our lunches at the beach across the street by China Man’s hat. Then we went and did the Ha’aula Loop Hike and it surprised me with how pretty it was. It actually had a pretty view up top and was enough to get our heart rate up. We then rushed home to get ready for our family picture shoot and actually all got ready in time.
 We took our pictures at Kawela Bay by Turtle Bay Resort and the lighting and wind conditions were perfect so I hope we did our part and smiled good. Lucas and I did our last choreographed dance that we have been doing this whole year and this time unrolled the ultrasound and that’s going to be how we announce that we’re pregnant to social media. We then ate at Seven Brothers which was probably all of our favorite meal, food was unreal. We went home afterwards and watched another movie and that was it for the day. 
Thursday, was a slower morning as we didn’t have too much planned until the PCC, so we went to Turtle Bay Resort to look at that, then went to the Temple Visitors center and ran into Tanner Goodman’s parents.
 Then I showed them the BYU campus, and not much has changed. Then we went home to eat lunch and then off to the PCC. We did all the villages and trennon got called up in Tonga and had to repeat what the guy was doing with dancing & drums and it was pretty entertaining. After all the villages we had our Lu’ua dinner and the food was delicious and the show they had during it was great too. After that we had the night show “Ha The Breath of Life” this was my 3rd time seeing it and I’m pretty sure it was the same as last time but still great and entertaining. 
Friday, Lucas had his Dive in the morning so we met him at Pearl Harbor at 11:20am and we got tickets to see the USS Arizona memorial for 3:00pm we didn’t want to wait that long so we went to the standby line and got in for the 12:00 tour so that was super nice! It’s amazing to go there and see the top of the ships in the water and to hear and learn again about the tragedy. After that we headed to Ko ‘Olina beach park by the Disney Resort and it’s a little lagoon so my dad, Lucas, Bromley and I did some snorkeling, then we just relaxed on the beach for the rest of the afternoon. After that we had dinner at The Pizza Corner and it was delicious, the owner was so friendly and gave us free cinnamon knots. After that we went to see Jumanji and it was cool to see the scenes again that were filmed at Kualoa Ranch that we saw just 2 days ago. 
Saturday, our last day. I always hate the last day of a trip because it goes by so fast. We went to breakfast with a family Cari Anne knew and I had French toast with a Mac Nut sauce that was heavenly. Then we went to Haleiwa and spent the rest of the day there. The waves were good for surfers, but not for body surfing. We still enjoyed playing in the water and hanging out and getting tan. We then did some shopping and all got a cool shirt & stickers, then went to eat dinner at a Thai Place. They took over an hour to get us our food which stunk but it was really amazing food. We then headed home to and got packed up and ready to leave the next morning. :( 
Sunday, luckily we had an afternoon flight so we weren’t rushed to get out of the house, we enjoyed the last pretty views on the drive to the airport and Lucas and so made up awards for everyone and had a little awards ceremony in the car. They all loved their awards. We got through security fine and have enough time to eat before the flight. This trip was a lot of fun and I am grateful for my parents in making it happen. This is the last trip before baby comes and the family dynamic changes, so I am grateful for this trip and time we had to spend together. 
After getting home from Hawaii I had our last piece of video for our baby announcement for social media. So I put that video together and we posted it to our Instagram and facebook when I was 14 weeks pregnant. Everyone loved our dance that we did throughout the year and so many people were excited for us. Felt so good to get that out there and not have to awkwardly figure out how to bring it up in conversation in person with other people. I am now in the 2nd trimester and definitely have more energy and am liking vegetables again so that’s great. 

                                                 
Vegas trip!
About 7 months ago the Bodine girls wanted to plan a trip to Vegas to see Celine Dion and we planned it for September but then some complications with dates happened, so we finally found a date that worked for everyone which was this past weekend Jan-19-21. We all met at Kelli’s at 8:45am Friday morning and Kelli said she had some news for us, and for Kasey to hold Whitney’s hand. I thought she was pregnant, or going to say she couldn’t come after all. So we were ready for the news and she said she got a call last night & Celine was still sick and cancelled her shows for the rest of the week. We all let out a noooo, and were so sad to hear that. So the trip didn’t start out great with that kind of news. She was the main reason we were going. :( we said a prayer packed up the car and headed toward Vegas and in the car researched other shows to see that night. It came down to an MJ or Elvis impersonator, or a magician. We were going to buy the tickets there at a stand but when we got to the hotel, they sold tickets there for discount so we ended up purchasing the MJ tickets because they were the best price. We then unpacked and got ready for the night and went to the Wynn Buffet and it was AMAZING! So much variety of food and it was all really really good. We spent about 2 hours there and the desserts were favorite obviously. They had a coconut chocolate cake, creme brûlée, guava yogurt thing, crepes, cake and more.
After that we looked around a bit at the Wynn then drove to the Stratosphere for our Michael Jackson show. I sat by Whitney and she was really into it which helped me be more dancey and into it and we had a good time clapping, chair dancing and singing along. The impersonator was really good, sounded almost identically and had great moves. He sang all his popular songs so what nice to be able to sing along to everything. It definitely wasn’t Celine but it was still good entertainment. After that we watched to bungee jumpers off the top of the Stratosphere and that looked fun. Then we went back to the hotel and listened to the energy/personality test that Whitney wanted us to all figure out. I think I am a 3 & 1 personality which means I am a doer, motivated by pleasing people, and some other stuff. Listening to that it put us to sleep so we went to bed by 10:30. I shared the king bed with Kasey and remembered my Pj’s this time. :) Kasey and I slept in the latest til 8:00am it was great, then we ate breakfast got ready and got an Uber to take us to the MGM so we could start on that end and work our way back. 
We first did the M&M factory and spent too much money on M&M’s. Then went to the Coke Store and did the international coke & float tray testing. Most of them were good except the last 3 and one was so bad we all had over the top reactions and Whitney thought it was alcohol because it was so toxic tasting. So that was entertaining. After that we went to NY NY hotel and Mom and Kelli went on the roller coaster and they loved it so much they made Kasey and Whitney go on it again with them so Steph and I watched all the bags and chatted while they were doing it. I wish I could of gone because I love rollercoasters. After that we made our way to the cosmopolitan hotel to eat lunch at this secret pizza place and it was delicious. 
Then we booked it back to the hotel so we could get the car and drive to the Aerial Arts class. It was a lot different looking than what I expected I thought it would of been a class where we all have our own silk or things and do it together. But we just all took turns on one and the instructor would show us the move then help us do it one by one. So Stephanie was really good at all of the moves and she could pop right up there and had the strength to do it all. It was really fun and entertaining and hard. I think I like the aerial yoga better because you do more things and you’re all together. 
We then went back to the hotel and took a nap and then got ready for our show Circ De Soleli “O”. The show was at the Bellagio and it was amazing. The performers were so talented, the stage sets were incredible with the stage and water changing back and forth, the scuba divers helping with props, it was insane. My favorite part was the divers being launched off these see saw things they were so so good. The trapeze and acrobats were all great too. I definitely want to see a different Circ show now. 
After the show we went to eat at Holsteins and they had really good burgers, and milkshakes with incredible presentation. Our waiter was great and brought out frozen meringue and told Kelli to put it in her mouth and she was like okay? And put it in her mouth and then smoke came out of her nose and mouth it was hilarious! He gave all of us our turn and it was so funny to see it all of us blow smoke out of our nose and mouth. It was the highlight of dinner. We then went to wait for our shuttle and while waiting we put a dollar in a slot machine and all took a turn to pull the handle and of course didn’t win anything. 
We then went back to the hotel and Kasey, Kelli, Whitney and I sang some karaoke to Celine songs and then went to bed. That night I shared the bed with Mom and luckily we didn’t kick it bother each other. Sunday we packed up and went to an 11:00 church and drove home. The car ride was full of Disney and broadway sing alongs. I really love these sisters and it makes me wish I had sisters growing up because they are so much fun, but I am grateful Heavenly Father allowed me get my sister experience with my in laws. They are the sisters I always wanted and I am so grateful for them! 
The next weekend I had another wedding and stayed busy new beginnings. The mutual theme is Peace in Christ and then we did a wizard of Oz decor with following the yellow brick road but it was actually the values that made up the road. We introduced the 3 incoming beehives and were excited to have them join us. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays