Honeymoon Adventure!


Sunday May 22nd 2016
Nothing too exciting happened today except we made it Costa Rica! We had to leave the hotel by 7:00am not super ideal.. But Butch and Micah got the keys for my car and drove it home as we took a shuttle to the airport.
First flight was to Denver, then Houston, then finally Liberia Costa Rica! I slept on 2 of the flights really easily and am glad I have that ability to pass out in uncomfortable positions. It was about a 30 minute drive to our All Inclusive Resort we were staying at (Riu Hotel Guanacaste) it is super nice and our room is nothing spectacular just a king bed, bathroom & balcony. Perfect for us. We grabbed some buffet food and looked around a little bit. We then called it a night.  
   
Monday May 23rd 2016
Monday we didn't set any alarm clocks as we knew we needed our sleep so we woke up around 10:00am maybe? I can't remember and stayed in the room til about noon and finally made it down for some late breakfast. We then went to the beach and laid out and swam in the perfect temperature water. Then we did kayaking & jet skiing, and that was a BLAST! After that we checked out the pool life and played some games & discovered that we could have Virgin pìna coladas ALL DAY LONG! Jackpot. Then went back to the room to freshen up for dinner. We had the buffet again which wasn't the greatest... And then we  watched a little bit of their live shows but it was weird so we ditched that and called it a night!

Tuesday May 24th 2016
We started the day SUPER early. Woke up at 4:45... Not cool for a honeymoon. But we had to get to the scuba dive shop by 6:00am for me to do my pool dive before they would let me loose into the ocean. So it was another discover scuba course and they went over the few things I needed to know then it was time to get out there. I was kind of nervous as I was afraid of not being able to remember the skills I was taught or I would freak out under water and hold me breath, or not be able to equalize my ears... But I had a brave face on for Lucas cause I know this is something he REALLY wanted to do. So we get out there and get all the gear on and to get in the water you take a giant step off the boat. Little nervous about that too I was hoping to just gradually get in. But I do it and the water is perfect temperature. Then they have me head to the line to slowly go down and to equalize every few feet. I wasn't getting the hang of equalizing my ears, and it started to get me worried that I wouldn't be able too. It felt like 7-9 minutes of me just trying to clear my ears but magic happened and my ears were cleared and I was good to go. The maximum I was allowed to go was 40 feet deep which was perfect because everything we were looking at was that deep. There were a TON of different kinds of fish, eel, octopus, turtle, & stingray, and it was so peaceful down there and it definitely trumps snorkeling.

Can't believe I haven't gotten certified yet because it really was spectacular. I'm really glad I was able to do that for Lucas and ended up enjoying it way more than expected. We then hung around Coco Beach for a few hours and ate a really good lunch at Papagayo then did some souvenir shopping, relaxed on the beach and then headed back to the hotel. We then cleaned up, had dinner, played ping pong, walked on the beach, attempted to watch the "crazy show" but it was really weird... So we left to go back to the room and looked at some GoPro footage and all the awkward in between pics we have and laughed for a good while looking at those. 

Wednesday May 25th
Today we went to wait in line for reservations for the dinner places that aren't buffet, and we were the next in line and they said it was all full, but we could book 2-3 days in advance so we got Thursday & Friday booked and then Lucas pulled out the we have been here for 3 days and haven't been able to eat in a restaurant yet... Kind of stinks so then they said we could eat tonight at the Asian one! Woohoo. We then went Zip Lining near by. The first line had 2 side by side, so Lucas and I could hold onto each other's forearms as we're face down and go together. It was SAWEET! Then the next line I held the GoPro for my turn and then they sent Lucas backwards while our guide held Lucas phone and got video of him going down. Super legit. Then there was one more where Lucas held the GoPro and then I went backwards to get on video with the phone. Then it was time for the Tarzan swing. So this one they have you sitting in a harness and then they pull you up probably 100 feet and then drop the rope and you swing all the way down (kind of like bungee jumping) and the it swings all the way up on the other side. Then you go back and forth for a few minutes. It was quite the adrenaline rush. I screamed so loud and curled up in a ball and closed my eyes for the drop. It was insane but definitely the best thing of the day! We went back to the hotel and played on the beach and made a turtle and Lucas buried me and we enjoyed the ocean! After getting cleaned up we finally had dinner in the Asian restaurant and it was delicious and we were stoked to not have to eat at the buffet again. After that we watched the Michael Jackson tribute show and it was funny because it was just dancers and one person as MJ lip syncing. We then called it a night and hung out in our room the rest of the night. 


Thursday May 26th 2016
Today was another early morning and our tour to the blue river started at 7:15am. It was a 2 hour bus ride to the lodge that is in the middle of the rainforest and we were greeted with some delicious juice and then went to the hummingbird garden, then butterfly garden, then we zip lined again. This time we got to do (2) upside down ones. That was neat. Then we rubbed each other down with volcanic mud, chilled in the sauna, and bounced around from the few different natural hot springs. It was a lot of fun and glad we were able to find a tour to do last minute since our arenal volcano one didn't work out.  

We then had a 2 hour bus ride back and tonight we got to eat at the Steakhouse!  Definitely the best dinner we had for the week. After that we walked on the beach and found some crabs to look and play around with.

Friday May 27th 2016
Our last full day in Costa Rica! ;( no alarm clocks were set and we slept in because it was much needed. Since there was no room service available Lucas went and got 2 plates of breakfast and brought it back to the room for us! He is so great. We had a slow morning and then went to play tennis. It was hott and we were so sweaty afterwards but it was good to get a little exercise. We then went to the beach and jumped in the ocean to cool off, then took a nap, and then it was time for  MASSAGE! It was a good hour long massage on the beach that was very needed. We then sipped some pìna coladas and took some pictures with my Polaroid camera and wrapped up our last beach day. That night we had the Italian restaurant for dinner and then packed our stuff up and enjoyed our last night of our honeymoon.

Overall it was the BEST & most relaxing vacation I have ever been on! Seriously so in love with Lucas, even more than I thought was possible and our honeymoon went so smoothly, we had so much fun being completely ourselves, laughing, and getting to know each other on many different levels. This week is one I will cherish forever and I'm so lucky that I get to experience life with Lucas. :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays