Maui and the Proposal

Maui day 1
Maui
Today we started off with breakfast at Grindz Cafe for the best pancakes and sauce ever! Macadamia-vanilla syrup was to die for!! Then we got the rental car & drove 50 minutes to Iao valley to do a nice easy 2 mile hike and when we got there it was CLOSED for a week! Just our luck, so then we drove another 25 minutes to do the Waihee Ridge Trail hike. This was much steeper and 5 miles. About a quarter of the way up we get to this lady and she's calling the name Tommy over the edge and is sobbing tears! We asked what was wrong and she said she thinks her dog fell off the cliff. So there is about 6 of us calling for this dog to see if it's still alive! We don't hear anything. Eventually we left to finish the hike and it was gorgeous!! We barely made it to the top but glad we persevered. Then on the way back down the lady was still there calling for her dog but she seemed happier. So we asked if their was any luck and she said yes I can here him whimpering now. She called him again and sure enough we could hear some whimpering as well. She said a helicopter was on its way to rescue him. We left happy for them, and then shortly after the helicopter showed up, so we'll never know if Tommy survived! Then we headed on the super windy road that was a one way road so really sketchy and you have to drive 10mph. After driving in it for 30 minutes, we get about a 1.5 miles away from the tide pools and there is a convertible mustang with 2 wheels hanging off the cliff. So no room to get through. Instead of turning around and driving 3 hours we decided we would wait it out. Sure enough 30 minutes later, 4 Polynesians, and a bunch of white
Maui
Today we started off with breakfast at Grindz Cafe for the best pancakes and sauce ever! Macadamia-vanilla syrup was to die for!! Then we got the rental car & drove 50 minutes to Iao valley to do a nice easy 2 mile hike and when we got there it was CLOSED for a week! Just our luck, so then we drove another 25 minutes to do the Waihee Ridge Trail hike. This was much steeper and 5 miles. About a quarter of the way up we get to this lady and she's calling the name Tommy over the edge and is sobbing tears! We asked what was wrong and she said she thinks her dog fell off the cliff. So there is about 6 of us calling for this dog to see if it's still alive! We don't hear anything. Eventually we left to finish the hike and it was gorgeous!! We barely made it to the top but glad we persevered. Then on the way back down the lady was still there calling for her dog but she seemed happier. So we asked if their was any luck and she said yes I can here him whimpering now. She called him again and sure enough we could hear some whimpering as well. She said a helicopter was on its way to rescue him. We left happy for them, and then shortly after the helicopter showed up, so we'll never know if Tommy survived! Then we headed on the super windy road that was a one way road so really sketchy and you have to drive 10mph. After driving in it for 30 minutes, we get about a 1.5 miles away from the tide pools and there is a convertible mustang with 2 wheels hanging off the cliff. So no room to get through. Instead of turning around and driving 3 hours we decided we would wait it out. Sure enough 30 minutes later, 4 Polynesians, and a bunch of white
tourists watching, they jack the back
of the car up and move the back of
the car over to get the back wheel
on the road. Then they started the
car and reversed it to get the front
wheel on the road. It was quite the
scene and way worth the 30 minute
wait to see it all happen. We then hit
up the Olivine Pools which are tide
pools and those were really sweet.
Saw some fish and the water was
super clear. Then we stopped at the
blowhole, then went to Honolua Bay
to snorkel but it was too dangerous
with the tide, so then we went to DT
Flemings beach park to chill on the
beach. We came home to a lovely
chicken, sweet potatoe, broccoli
dinner. Went hot tubbing, and
ended with McDonald's Ice Cream.
Overall a fantastic day!

Day 2 Volcanos and partner Yoga
Paia
Wednesday morning in Maui we drove an hour to Haiku to begin our adventure in biking down the Halekala Volcano. It was about a 45 minute drive up to the starting point and then we got situated on our bikes and the rest was up to us! We could go as fast or slow as we wanted! The view was incredible the whole 24 miles. We had a blast cruising down the road and are lucky we didn't eat it with our attempts in getting good GoPro footage. We were the first one's back and then we got Acai bowls. Then we went to Baldwin Beach Park in Paia, and it was beautiful and just the right amount of people around. The waves looked great to swim and boogie board in, but we decided to take a nap cause we were exhausted. By the time we woke up the waves definitely got bigger, but we wanted to go in them so bad! We attempted to run in for about a half hour, but got scared every time a huge wave formed and crashed on the shore. We tried walking down to areas where more people were swimming to see if the waves weren't as bad. But nope it was the same. Then we went back to our spot and more people were in the water, and we were analyzing how they got in. Eventually we were tired of being pansies and saw a break in the waves and just ran in! Once we were in past the break line we felt like we were in the safety zone. We had a great time attempting to body surf and enjoying the perfect water temperature. We then got out and chilled and took pretty sunset pictures. On the way to the car we saw a bunch of hippies doing partner yoga and were fascinated by it. Stephanie thought it would be funny to get a picture of her doing a simple yoga pose near them and then capturing their acrobat looking stuff behind her. Then Audrey jumps in and lays down and puts her legs up and Stephanie puts her stomach on Audreys feet so now they really look like their making fun of them for this picture. Well one guy comes over and says here I'll teach you some poses. So he just starts doing all these things with Audrey as the base. It was the randomest thing and so hilarious. The videos we have will better explain it. But it was probably the highlight of the day. Then we got flatbread pizza, went to the shops in Lahaina to find some souvenirs and called it a night! Overall a busy but adventurous day! :)
Day 3 Zipling & Snorkeling
Lahaina, Maui
Today we had another early start and went zip lining! We showed up to the place and there was an army tank type car outside and we said oh how cool would that be to ride up in. And sure enough it was our ride up to the base of the tour. The car ride up was sweet, and then we got our gear on and transferred to a van to head up to the top where the zip line began. The ride up in the van felt like an Indian jones ride. It was so bouncy on the terrain it was nuts! Then we began our tour and did a total of 8 lines. The tour guides were great and the views were amazing! After that we went back to Jessica's house and made sandwiches. We then went to Black Rock Beach to Snorkel, and lay out. We saw lots of sword fish, yellow fish, and a barracuda. Then on our way out we saw some people playing volleyball so naturally we had to jump in and play. The boys on mine and Audreys team were not very good, but the other team was great, so there was some competition. After that we went to front street and I got dole whip, then we all got shaved ice and it was right up there with Bahamas bucks! We then dropped the rental car off and got some dinner, and then more dessert! This time a Hawaiian cookie and ice cream. So much for my goal of having 2 desserts a week, I just had 3 in one day! :( After that we just went back home got cleaned up, watched gold rush, and used this roller thing Audrey brought to roll out on your muscles. Typical night in Hawaii. Anyways aloha for the night!
Lahaina, Maui
Today we had another early start and went zip lining! We showed up to the place and there was an army tank type car outside and we said oh how cool would that be to ride up in. And sure enough it was our ride up to the base of the tour. The car ride up was sweet, and then we got our gear on and transferred to a van to head up to the top where the zip line began. The ride up in the van felt like an Indian jones ride. It was so bouncy on the terrain it was nuts! Then we began our tour and did a total of 8 lines. The tour guides were great and the views were amazing! After that we went back to Jessica's house and made sandwiches. We then went to Black Rock Beach to Snorkel, and lay out. We saw lots of sword fish, yellow fish, and a barracuda. Then on our way out we saw some people playing volleyball so naturally we had to jump in and play. The boys on mine and Audreys team were not very good, but the other team was great, so there was some competition. After that we went to front street and I got dole whip, then we all got shaved ice and it was right up there with Bahamas bucks! We then dropped the rental car off and got some dinner, and then more dessert! This time a Hawaiian cookie and ice cream. So much for my goal of having 2 desserts a week, I just had 3 in one day! :( After that we just went back home got cleaned up, watched gold rush, and used this roller thing Audrey brought to roll out on your muscles. Typical night in Hawaii. Anyways aloha for the night!
Day 4 Best Surprise ever!

Day 5 Road to Hana
Today we took the road to Hana
journey in the Blue Bus. It was a
tiring but great way to see the
prettiest parts of Maui. Our first stop was at this surf contest that
only happens when the news gets
spread that the waves are big
enough and I believe it was called
Jaws. Anyways it was cool to see
these surfers ride 30 ft. Waves and
not die! Then we got back in the bus
and headed up and down the windy
roads. Lucas and I were sitting in
the beach chairs they set up in the
back facing backwards. So we got a
little car sick and had to rotate
sitting in the beach chairs. We then
stopped at Twin Falls, but it was
closed, so that was a bummer and
just our luck. Then we stopped at
Three Bears water falls and the
water was pretty cold. Everyone was
chanting Lucas Lucas to get in, and
so he did which meant I had to get
in. I couldn't let him have all the fun
without me. So very slowly and
carefully I made my way in, and I
was so glad I did cause it was pretty
cool to be under the waterfalls.
Then we went to black sand beach,
red sand beach, and then Hamoa
beach and just played in the water
and I collected sand from all them.
Our last stop was the Seven Sacred
Pools. The sun was hidden behind
the mountain so it was cold and
windy down there and the thought
of getting in cold water again after
just getting dry did not sound
appealing. Sterling and Lucas got in
and cliff jumped off the rock. Then
they guilt tripped us girls into
jumping off and getting in.
Definitely worth it and glad we
manned up and did it! We then
headed back home and ate at
flatbread pizza which was delicious.
Overall another eventful &
exhausting day but so great to have
Lucas here to experience it all with
me! :)
Day 6- Church & Snorkeling
Last day we went to Jessica & Sterlings Ward and there were soooo many visitors! It took about 20 minutes to do the passing of the sacrament. It was nuts. So we left afterwards so Lucas could experiment a little bit more of Hawaii since his time here was so limited. After we got changed into swimsuits we headed to Black Rock Beach to get tan and snorkel. When we first got there everyone was talking about how there were multiple turtles out there. We thought awesome they will probably be there for a little bit. Rookie mistake. We went in about an hour later and of course the turtles were gone! So bummed, but we saw lots of beautiful fish and coral and enjoyed being in the water! We then facetimed his family so they could hear about the proposal and it was so great to see how excited they all were for us! They are the best and I am so excited to be marrying into such an amazing family! That night we cleaned up, ate a yummy dinner, played settlers of catan, then it was time to catch out red eye flight out of Maui. It was an AMAZING week, definitely the best trip I have been on and I am so lucky to have been able to share a little bit of Hawaii with Lucas!
Baby Beach
Well today I thought would be like
any normal day in Hawaii, beach,
tan, eat, sleep, and repeat. We went to Turtle Town in
hopes to snorkel with a turtle and
most importantly get a picture with
it. Our first run we only saw fish for
about 10 minutes, and then I heard
a scream and Stephanie starts
pointing and says Turtle!! Audrey
and I hurry over there and we begin
our many attempts to get close
enough for a picture! It was hard
and unfortunately Audrey and
Stephanie came up too early and
you can only see me with the turtle.
We took a couple breathers and
tried again but lost him. We ended
that round and took a break on the
beach and tanned and then I got
buried like a mermaid. Bad idea. I
had sand stuck on me for hours.
But it makes for great pictures and
video. Then we tried to find the
turtle again but had no luck! :/ so we
dried off and then left to eat and
head home. Earlier that day Jess
said we were going to take pretty
sunset pictures as friends so we had
to get back in time. So I thought that
was a little funny but not too
abnormal cause pictures are always
fun to have. We were out the door
by 5:25 and got to the beach that
"Sterling" said would be a good spot
to take pictures. We're walking down
the beach and I thought we had a
good enough spot but Jess says this
isn't the right beach there are too
many people around, we have to go
farther down. I was like Jess if we
shoot right here you can't see any of
these people and it looks great. But
she was adamant we go farther
down to a better spot. I was nervous
we're going to run out of sunlight so
Well today I thought would be like
any normal day in Hawaii, beach,
tan, eat, sleep, and repeat. We went to Turtle Town in
hopes to snorkel with a turtle and
most importantly get a picture with
it. Our first run we only saw fish for
about 10 minutes, and then I heard
a scream and Stephanie starts
pointing and says Turtle!! Audrey
and I hurry over there and we begin
our many attempts to get close
enough for a picture! It was hard
and unfortunately Audrey and
Stephanie came up too early and
you can only see me with the turtle.
We took a couple breathers and
tried again but lost him. We ended
that round and took a break on the
beach and tanned and then I got
buried like a mermaid. Bad idea. I
had sand stuck on me for hours.
But it makes for great pictures and
video. Then we tried to find the
turtle again but had no luck! :/ so we
dried off and then left to eat and
head home. Earlier that day Jess
said we were going to take pretty
sunset pictures as friends so we had
to get back in time. So I thought that
was a little funny but not too
abnormal cause pictures are always
fun to have. We were out the door
by 5:25 and got to the beach that
"Sterling" said would be a good spot
to take pictures. We're walking down
the beach and I thought we had a
good enough spot but Jess says this
isn't the right beach there are too
many people around, we have to go
farther down. I was like Jess if we
shoot right here you can't see any of
these people and it looks great. But
she was adamant we go farther
down to a better spot. I was nervous
we're going to run out of sunlight so
I'm walking really fast towards the
car cause I wanted to get good quality pictures. We get to the right
pathway and Jess asks for my
Polaroid camera and I willingly give
it to her no questions asked. Then
she says turn left down here, so I
am walking towards the beach and
they are all behind me. I'm just
looking around checking out the
scenery, the sunset, and then I see
this boy who looks like Lucas
standing farther down. But
immediately after I had that thought
of "huh he kind of looks like
Lucas"... I then realize that's impossible and tell myself, "yeah
right there is no way he could be
here." So I continue walking down the path and getting closer to this boy then Jess says come down here, so I walk closer to the water and
then look at the boy again and wonder why this boy is just standing there looking at me, then he
waves at me. That's when I knew it
REALLY was Lucas! I looked at my
friends and said, "is that Lucas?! Oh
my gosh you're kidding" and I began
to cry because I was so happy and
shocked, and knew that he was
going to propose. I started walking
towards him and there was flower
petals on the sand and I got to him
and the GoPro was set up and he
had the biggest grin on his face! I
asked how in the world did you get
here? You're crazy! Then he began
to express his love for me and told
me he wanted to spend eternity
with me, and then knelt down and
asked me to marry him. I said Yes of
Course!!! Then hugged and kissed
and still was trying to process all
what happened! It seriously was
everything and more than what I
could of possibly imagined. I know
I'm a little biased, but it was the best
proposal ever! Still can't believe he
is here in Hawaii with me, and I'm so
stoked we get to play for the next 2
days! I love him so much and am
incredibly excited for our future! Also HUGE shoutout to my mom, Delynn, Jessica, Sterling, Audrey and Stephanie for all helping him pull this off! It was incredible!

Day 5 Road to Hana
Today we took the road to Hana
journey in the Blue Bus. It was a
tiring but great way to see the
prettiest parts of Maui. Our first stop was at this surf contest that
only happens when the news gets
spread that the waves are big
enough and I believe it was called
Jaws. Anyways it was cool to see
these surfers ride 30 ft. Waves and
not die! Then we got back in the bus
and headed up and down the windy
roads. Lucas and I were sitting in
the beach chairs they set up in the
back facing backwards. So we got a
little car sick and had to rotate
sitting in the beach chairs. We then
stopped at Twin Falls, but it was
closed, so that was a bummer and
just our luck. Then we stopped at
Three Bears water falls and the
water was pretty cold. Everyone was
chanting Lucas Lucas to get in, and
so he did which meant I had to get
in. I couldn't let him have all the fun
without me. So very slowly and
carefully I made my way in, and I
was so glad I did cause it was pretty
cool to be under the waterfalls.
Then we went to black sand beach,
red sand beach, and then Hamoa
beach and just played in the water
and I collected sand from all them.
Our last stop was the Seven Sacred
Pools. The sun was hidden behind
the mountain so it was cold and
windy down there and the thought
of getting in cold water again after
just getting dry did not sound
appealing. Sterling and Lucas got in
and cliff jumped off the rock. Then
they guilt tripped us girls into
jumping off and getting in.
Definitely worth it and glad we
manned up and did it! We then
headed back home and ate at
flatbread pizza which was delicious.
Overall another eventful &
exhausting day but so great to have
Lucas here to experience it all with
me! :) Day 6- Church & Snorkeling
Last day we went to Jessica & Sterlings Ward and there were soooo many visitors! It took about 20 minutes to do the passing of the sacrament. It was nuts. So we left afterwards so Lucas could experiment a little bit more of Hawaii since his time here was so limited. After we got changed into swimsuits we headed to Black Rock Beach to get tan and snorkel. When we first got there everyone was talking about how there were multiple turtles out there. We thought awesome they will probably be there for a little bit. Rookie mistake. We went in about an hour later and of course the turtles were gone! So bummed, but we saw lots of beautiful fish and coral and enjoyed being in the water! We then facetimed his family so they could hear about the proposal and it was so great to see how excited they all were for us! They are the best and I am so excited to be marrying into such an amazing family! That night we cleaned up, ate a yummy dinner, played settlers of catan, then it was time to catch out red eye flight out of Maui. It was an AMAZING week, definitely the best trip I have been on and I am so lucky to have been able to share a little bit of Hawaii with Lucas!
Now were home and the wedding planning has began! Luckily we got a venue and a dress already so were good right? Sike thank goodness for Cheyenne and my mom to take over all the decorating stuff cause that is not my forte. Oh also this week we celebrated Grandpa Jess's 90th birthday party! It was a blast and I am so grateful to have him as my Grandpa and someone to look up too!




Comments
Post a Comment