Holla Days

I know this date is January 2016 but this really is a catch up post from October-December :/ I used to be good at this blogging thing, and then my free time started to be consumed with hanging out with this cute boy named Lucas! Yup you read that right, I have been dating Lucas Bodine since about May/June! Another post will be dedicated to our story but he will be mentioned a lot in this post for all the fun things we have been up too!
So October I babysat Bronson for a week and loved being with that boy, and then shortly after I watched the Sampsons for 2 weeks and thought I would develop a habit for waking up early everyday to take them to school... But nope, still prefer to sleep in! It was great hanging out with them though! Bree helped me make my awesome Halloween costume! Which was a PiƱata and Lucas was a Mexican! Our costume was a hit at his family party and YSA parties! The day after Halloween I came down with the Flu and it was AWFUL, I had that for about a week and then had to do this Questival scavenger hunt with the Barack Ollamas (Adrian, Adam, Lucas, & Sterling).         
This was a 24 hour scavenger hunt all around the state of Arizona. We started in Gilbert, then made our way up to Payson, Pine, Sedona, Tempe, Mesa, Queen Creek, Gilbert, and ended back in Tempe. The winner of this was sent to compete in a race from Belize to Panama, so we went all in and made a llama suit, prepped, and had masks. The whole time we were going back and forth between 1st & 2nd place and we thought we had it won. But then about the last couple hours we got dropped to 3rd place and that's what we ended up winning. We each got $200 in credit towards Cotopaxi gear which is cool, but a trip to Central America would of been cooler. We did all sorts of crazy stuff and you can watch the video of all our tasks here! 

After that was over I felt like DEATH and had a horrible consistent cough so my mom thought I should see the Doc. Sure enough I had bronchitis and was ordered to SLEEP. So I think I slept for like 16 hours that night, but that didn't help too much. I was stuck with bronchitis and that nasty cough for a month. So November kind of sucked and still had to video weddings but I made it through it. In November we also sent Bromley off on his mission to Argentina. It was much harder sending him off then it was Trennon, I think because he is only 18 and I knew there would be lots of important changes in these next 2 years that I didn't want him to miss out on. So I was a mess the night before, I couldn't stop crying, it was awful. The day of was pretty rough too. He was excited to get out there and I'm super proud of him. 

Thanksgiving was great, ate lots of food, and hung out with family, and Cari Anne was here and we went out to the desert in the Polaris! A couple days after Thanksgiving I told Lucas that I was in love with him!! :) :) I have never been in love so it took me a while to figure out what it's supposed to feel like and how to express it, but once I did it felt wonderful and I felt like it took our relationship to the next level!  
December was a crazy wedding month! Lucas and I did a wedding in Florence that was gorgeous and so so fun! I love being able to go to new venues and having Lucas as my 2nd shooter was even better! 
I also babysat Olive & Lindi and they are the cutest little girls! 
Lucas and I of course went to Ugly Sweater Parties, and had white elephant gift exchange parities. Then my mom played the piano while the rest of us sang at our family Christmas party! It sounded good, but still so uncomfortable for my dad Trennon and I! Then at Lucas family Christmas party they do a talent show so since I don't have any musical talent, we choreographed a dance and lip sync to Justin Bieber Drummer boy! We definitely stole the show and I don't think they have seen anything like that before. It was fun. Christmas Eve we hiked Camelback mountain and made it the the tree and Santa at top!

That night we went to Kelli's house to go through the nativity scene and then have a fireside testimony sharing time about the Savior. It was really powerful and great to hear their testimonies of the Savior! Christmas morning I went with the Bodines to the siblings houses to watch the little kids open presents! We started at the Kliens, then Kolstad's, and ended with Milletts. Christmas with kids is way more fun and even though it was super early I loved seeing them light up with the presents! Then we went to my house and opened presents and I got a Polaroid camera!! A beautiful necklace, a GoPro case, rainbow flip flops, clothes, a phone case, and purses! Then that night we played games with the woodhalls and pie face was a hit! Then for New Years we went to Rocky Point with the Millets and Lucas parents! We ate lots of tacos, went quading, kayaking, made a music video, played risk, pie face, and enjoyed playing on the beach! It was a short trip but still a blast! Well there ya have it, the holidays were wonderful and can't wait for 2016!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays