Welcome to New York


Last month Audrey, Lori, my Mom and I went to New York!! Originally Lori and I wanted to go for our birthdays in February, but we're told its way to cold to go at that time so we postponed it for May when the weather is nice. Holy cow did we get the most perfect weather! The week before was cold and rainy and the week after was cold and rainy, but the 5 days we were there it was sunny and warm and wonderful! We arrived in New York around 8:30pm and got on a shuttle and headed to the Lyons Apt. We met an Australian lady who was traveling by herself in honor of her husband who died about a year ago. They were supposed to go together, so as a tribute to him she still went by herself. She was so darling. We got to the apartment and I ran inside to make sure it was the right place while they were getting the luggage out. I ran back outside and said it was the right place and grabbed my moms suitcase because it was heavier and she was supposed to grab mine. Well we got in the elevator and my mom goes, "wait, where is your suitcase?" I said, "I don't know, I thought you grabbed it cause I was in charge of carrying yours?!" So I ran back outside to see if the driver had left yet, and sure enough he was gone. :( I spent 45 minutes trying to reach the driver and finally got a hold of dispatch while we were getting pizza about a half mile away. They said he would be there soon so we continued eating and then he called us right when I was taking my last bite of pizza and said he was at the apt. we asked if he could just drop it off in the lobby since we were about 7 minutes away and he said he couldn't leave the vehicle and that I had 2 minutes to get there or he was leaving. I finished swallowing my pizza and took off running like my life depended on it. I have never ran so fast in my life but I got there just in time. I bent over wheezing trying to catch my breath cause the pizza was still stuck in my throat, and I gave the guy $3 as a tip and he said give me everything. I was so bugged that he said that and said sorry it's all the cash I have. It was a crazy way to start the trip, but I was so grateful to get my suitcase back! Anyways so the Lyons apartment was so wonderful and is in the building that's attached to the temple, so his family room overlooks Central Park, and then Julliard, & the ballet and opera house are right by it too. Super nice area and felt very safe there.
Day one we hit up Lady Liberty which was cool to finally see that in person. Then we went to 9/11 Museum which was AMAZING. I wish I could of had a full 24 hours to spend in there and read all the stories and timeline of events. They did any amazing job at putting it together and helping you feel how real and scary of a day it was for those involved and for America. We then stopped in time square and wow that is a crazy busy place but cool to see all the lights and Broadway shows. I think we ate at Shake Shack that night, and it was sooooo delicious. Good news Arizona is getting a shake shack! I think we called it a night after that cause we walked about 10 miles that day! They only thing that sounded good was to sit with our feet up!

Tuesday, we went to the Natural History Museum and looked around there and that was cool. We then went to Serendipity and had the famous Frozen Hot Chocolate and it was everything I expected and more!  We then did some shopping and met up with Taylor Thomas, and then we went to the store that has the piano in BIG and played on that! After that we were told to just walk diagonal through Central Park to get back to our place, and we got so lost and walked way too long in Central Park. Finally my mom flagged down a cab to get us back to our place. That night we grabbed dinner and then for dessert Audrey found this doughnut place where they cut a doughnut in half and put ice cream in the middle. Yeaaaah it was amazing!!
Wednesday we went to check out China town/canal streets and got a few cheap souvenirs, then walked through little Italy and got cannoli's, then we went to Chelsea Market which had some super rad stores that I wish I could take home with me! We walked along the high line and did a photo shoot and as were walking back to the subway... We see 4 very attractive tall men in kilts walking towards us. Luckily Audrey shouts out, can we take a picture with you?! They said sure so we snapped a pic with these beautiful Scottish men!
We headed back to the Wicked theatre to get in line to put our names in the lottery to win $30 tickets for the show that night. We could each win 2 tickets so we were hoping 2 of us would get drawn to win so all 4 of us could get the good deal. We waited a half hour for all the names to get put in and there are about 60ish names in the drawing and only 12 names get drawn. Were getting excited and feeling like we will be lucky and sure enough second name drawn is Lori Whitney! We scream and shout and before we can celebrate too long the next name drawn is Audrey Noble!! We all really freak out and scream loud cause we're set, we got our 4 tickets! Then the 10th name drawn is Trellany Udall, (which I didn't even hear, my mom screams and says get up there) I was like we don't need them though and she says it's okay well give them to someone else! So 3 out of the 4 of us win tickets it was so crazy!! We went back to the apt to get all dressed up and then back to the show. Are seats were row 15 dead center, and the show was UHHMAZING!!                                                      
Thursday we went to Brooklyn to explore, eat pizza, and to see the Brooklyn Bridge, then we watched some street dancers and my mom got out there and danced with them! We then headed to the Rockefeller Center and that was so amazing to be that high up and to see NYC around sunset and all the buildings! My mind was blown at how many buildings are there. Taylor Thomas then took us to get Ice cream at this AMAZING place called Big Gay Ice Cream and I had a waffle cone that had nutella spread all through the inside, then vanilla ice cream that had shots of carmel squirted throughout it, then lots of Carmel on top. It was FANTASTIC! As were walking back we decide since its our last night and haven't been to the Empire State Building yet, we hit that up at 11:30pm to see the city lights and night life from up high. It was waaaay cool.
Friday was our last day and it was the best day because we we rented bikes and rode around Central Park! There is sooo much to see and do there we didn't even see half of it, but we got to see strawberry fields and there was a guy playing Beatles songs. We saw a wedding, and a castle, and some amazing singers and violinists. Oh we also went to get cookies that were the most amazing cookies I have ever had! They were huge and chewy and so yummy I couldn't even finish a whole one. That says a lot if you know me and desserts... I always finish dessert. I loved taking a break from walking and riding around the park and it was my favorite part of the trip! That's a recap of New York for ya and huge thanks to the Lyons for letting us stay at their place! It was perfect!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays