Summa is Here and Full of adventure


Summer has begun and it has already been so great! I'm loving all the lake time I am getting in preparing for the end of the summer Lake Powell trip! This summer I also decided to do EFY again, because I didn't think I would be busy enough with weddings because it's so hot in Arizona and who would be crazy enough to get married there? But turns out people do get married in June and it was hard to turn all the June weddings down for my commitment to EFY already. But EFY is the most
rewarding job I have ever had and I figured it would be a great way to get out of the heat for the summer and work with the youth in building their testimonies in the gospel. I had my first week in Provo. My group was so awesome! My girls were very outgoing and excited to be there and we had some great gospel discussions and reflect and reviews!
  I taught the whole company the interlude flash mob dance and they killed it out there for the variety show! The session director was phenomenal and I was able to learn and grow a ton for myself in all his presentations. Our cheer for game night was a rap/beat box thing and we had it all planned and it sounded great. Well when it came down to show time after they were supposed to be done the kid leading the rap broke down in freestyle and was rhyming and saying stuff none of us planned on. My jaw dropped and I just looked at my Co and said what is he doing?! Where is this coming from?! It was so hilarious! This company was way fun and we went bowling together, got ice cream and shaved ice, and we all were attached to each other's hip! It was wonderful.

 I then went home for a few days and then headed off to California with Audrey and met up with 20 people in Newport! We played on the beach, rode a 6 seater bike and raced along the board walk, played spikeball, body surfed, played volleyball, tried to save a seal that had a gash in its neck, ate lots of good food, had a bonfire on the beach, and to top it all off we went to the USA v. Russia Men's vball match! That was so neat to see amazing talent and so many tall attractive men on one court. It was such a fun trip and tons of new friends were made!         
 Sunday morning I took 4 people back with me to Utah and I began my next 2 weeks of EFY in Logan. My first week was a stay at home session and oh how I wish I had more of these this summer! They are seriously the secret of EFY. I was able to get more sleep and didn't have to wake up until 7:15 it was wonderful! This group was super chatty and great at having deep discussions and loving one another! They bonded with the boys super fast and we were so unified from day 1 it was amazing!
This group did a lip sync dance to the song " I'll Make A Man Out Of You" and it was fantastic! I was so proud of them and all their hard work! Thursday's spiritual day and YW activity were exceptionally well and to see them open up and testify of what they know to be true is the greatest reward we as counselors get. It's better than any paycheck or worldly reward. Anyways loved my Sailin Home Company.

Saturday we had a day to chill and some of us went to the temple and it was great to do a session there! Then I really wanted to go hiking because it's Logan and there are tons of hikes and I wanted to get a pre-hike in before Havasupai but no one wanted to go :( so we ended up playing vball, speed, football, soccer, and wiffleball. Then I got cleaned up and went on a drive up the canyon just to see the views and the valley and watch the sunset. Logan is gorgeous and I wish I had more time to explore it! Sunday night we had the session director fireside and he talked about keeping the sabbath day holy. This was something that really hit me hard and was an answer to my prayers. I strive to do this every week even though it's hard when not everyone else is on board with it. My goal this week was to find courage to not let other people and influences persuade me to do other things on Sunday that don't align with what HF wants me to do.
                                            

I got my kids on Monday and I had 12 girls this week that were 16-18 age group again! 7 of them it was their first time to EFY so they had no clue what to expect! It took a little longer this week for the company to become unified, but once they were the last 2 days were a blast. During the whole week there was a lights out competition boys vs. girls. Whoever won got to pie the opposite gender BC's in the face. Of course the girls won so the guy BC's got pied. It was so great to watch.
My girls thought my Co Zach should of got pied too so we improvised and used ice cream to get him.  I had the girls put their ice cream containers on the ground and then I told Zach to get a picture with me and we stood in front of the ice cream. Two of my girls then said oh let us get our ice cream out of your picture. They picked it up and the person taking the video and pictures said 1, 2, and then they came from behind and got his face and I had a ice cream cone in my hand and got him too. He was totally shocked and got away quick. It was so great and he was a good sport about it. My week with Look and Live was wonderful!

Saturday I met Lauren Smith at the SLC temple to do a live session and that was really neat to experience. Then I picked up Brad and we went to Lauren's and our friend Laura met us there to say Hi and catch up.
       
Then that night we went to Randy's reception and got to see some more Belize friends! While we were in line signing book I looked to my left and saw D. Todd Christofferson (an apostle) and I didn't believe it could really be him here. So I looked away and then looked back and heard him talk and knew it was him. I start to hit Brad and say, "Brad it's D. Todd Christofferson" very fast and mumbled, and he is still signing the book so he is looking down, and then I say they same thing and he says, who is dusty offerson? I hit him one more time and said no, the APOSTLE D. Todd Christofferson, and he looks up and says, "oh wow yeah it is." Then he turns around to leave. I was so sad I was star struck and didn't go say hi or get a picture. ;(  I asked Randy why the Heck Christofferson was here, and Randy casually says, "Oh, Paulina's dad is one of the seventy" like its no big deal. So that definitely made my night. The reception was fun and it was great to see Belize friends again! ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays