H A W A I I

Well last week I returned from one of the best vacations I have been on. I was blessed with the opportunity to go back to H A W A I I, but this time with 6 of my favorite people! Jess and Whitney live there so Kylee Diane Haley Bri and I went to visit.  We were greeted by Jess at the airport with fresh lei's and we all were super excited for those. We arrived at Jessica's house and it was adorable!  She lives in an cool little neighborhood! We met up with Whitney for dinner and had fun all catching up that night. Next day we didn't waste any time and woke up early to go hike Manoa Falls which was awesome! Then we headed to Lanikai beach which is hands down my favorite! We held sea cucumbers and played in the water and got our base tan. I can't remember the order of the rest of the week but we went to the north shore a couple times and I LOVED having the opportunity to show my friends the quiet house and the laie point and give them a little glimpse of what my semester at BYU-H was like. No one was living in the right side of the quiet house so we snuck around back and it brought back so many good memories being on that porch. Goodness I missed it A LOT!! Other fun adventures were snorkeling at sharks cove, eating Ted's Pie, swimming in the shark tank, sea turtles, the lighthouse hike and Maunawilli falls, hitting up the pretty beaches, cliff jumping at Waimea, eating lots of pizza and shaved ice.
Then we attempted to hike stairway to heaven and that ended badly. Jess dropped Diane, Haley, and I off at the gate at 3:45am and I was a little nervous to start it because reviews were saying that people were getting fines now for hiking it. We get there and the gate that your supposed to shimmy through is closed and I had no idea where else to go. Diane spotted a hole up at the top right that you're suppose to crawl through. At that time another group of people show up and I knew one of the girls in the group and she said something along the lines of "is that Trellany?" And I said yeah and saw her face and said "hey Tatum!" Then all of a sudden the guy who lives right next to the gate yells, (and I mean YELLS), "OH MY GOSH, shut the f*** up". We all looked at each other and went silent. Then we started heading up the side to the hole. Within minutes a cop car shows up, we all start to panic and tell each other to turn our lights off. The guy who lives there said, "it doesn't matter if you turn your lights off, I have a spotlight to help him", and he shines his spotlight on us. We all come down hoping the cop won't be a jerk and luckily he wasn't and just said you guys need to leave. We called Jess to turn around to get us and that was the end of our stairway to heaven hike. I wasn't too bummed since I already did it 3 years ago, but I felt bad Diane and Haley didn't get to experience it. :/ 
Overall the 11 days in paradise was sooo much fun and I am glad my friends and I have these new memories together that we can laugh and reminisce on in the future. I am grateful Jessica was so kind enough to quit her job before we got there to play with us, and show us around! She really is the greatest host we could of asked for and it was awesome to be reunited with her for the short period of time! Hopefully I can make it back there one more time before she comes home for good! 
If you haven't already.. check out the video i made of our trip! It will give you a way better idea of what we did than  the boring words above!

www.vimeo.com/joyfilmz/hawaii14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays