First time blogger has failed me.
I wrote a detailed post about this past month 4th of July and California trip, I saved it multiple times... exited out of it to finish later and when I got on last night to finish it and post it, it wasn't there!! Pretty ticked right now about it. Now I just gotta recap and it wont nearly be as good as the previous one but maybe you guys wouldn't of liked all the details anyways. But first thing is I broke my pinky knuckle colliding with someone in a volleyball circle. At first I thought I just jammed it, so I shook it off and tried passing again but when I did my hand was throbbing and I knew it wasn't just a jammed finger. So I laid low and watched others play then went home and iced it, thinking it would be fine the next day. Weeelll I woke up with the left side of my hand swollen and black and blue. That concerned me, but my parents and I decided to continue watching it and just wrap it up. Well it started to get even more painful and thats when we decided to see Chris our family doctor and almost immediately after feeling it around, he said yeah its probably broken. Not what I wanted to hear since California and Hawaii trips were coming up... so I got an x-ray the next day and sure enough the knuckle was broken and slightly displaced. We squeezed an appointment in with the hand specialist that afternoon and I got a hard cast (which I wonder why I ever thought I wanted one of those when I was little?) He said I only had to have it on for a week so that was semi good news!

The next day I headed up north to Travis Gibson's cabin with a group of friends to celebrate the 4th of July! It was one of the best weekend trips I have had. I wasn't too thrilled about it beforehand because it was such a random group of friends and everyone only knew like one or 2 other people so I was worried about al getting along and having the same ideas of fun. But to my surprise we all let our guards down and were just goofballs the whole time. We watched fireworks, danced, played four square & kickball, ran the Taylor Fun Run, went to the dance, had a nerf gun war, watched Wild America and just had a blast!

California this year was awesome! The Huggans were there again along with the Lewis' and Woodhalls. The week was such a blast even though I couldn't participate in the sports activities, and get all the way in the water to boogie board and body surf. :( It was so great to have the Woodhall cousins there because we hadn't done a big vacation with them since the divorce and so this was really good for us all to bond again and make new memories now that were older! All week long we just played on the beach, ate lots of food, played games at night, celebrated Bromley's 17th birthday, & went to Six Flags. I am so grateful my parents have taken us to Oceanside every year for as long as I can remember because it has been a huge factor in so many great summers and memories made and it really feels like a second home.


I was home for a week and today I head to the beautiful island of Hawaii to play with my best friends for 10 days! Flight leaves in 2 hours and I am pretty stoked out of my mind! Stay tuned for the adventures we have there and enjoy our California video below!
www.vimeo.com/joyfilmz

The next day I headed up north to Travis Gibson's cabin with a group of friends to celebrate the 4th of July! It was one of the best weekend trips I have had. I wasn't too thrilled about it beforehand because it was such a random group of friends and everyone only knew like one or 2 other people so I was worried about al getting along and having the same ideas of fun. But to my surprise we all let our guards down and were just goofballs the whole time. We watched fireworks, danced, played four square & kickball, ran the Taylor Fun Run, went to the dance, had a nerf gun war, watched Wild America and just had a blast!
California this year was awesome! The Huggans were there again along with the Lewis' and Woodhalls. The week was such a blast even though I couldn't participate in the sports activities, and get all the way in the water to boogie board and body surf. :( It was so great to have the Woodhall cousins there because we hadn't done a big vacation with them since the divorce and so this was really good for us all to bond again and make new memories now that were older! All week long we just played on the beach, ate lots of food, played games at night, celebrated Bromley's 17th birthday, & went to Six Flags. I am so grateful my parents have taken us to Oceanside every year for as long as I can remember because it has been a huge factor in so many great summers and memories made and it really feels like a second home.

I was home for a week and today I head to the beautiful island of Hawaii to play with my best friends for 10 days! Flight leaves in 2 hours and I am pretty stoked out of my mind! Stay tuned for the adventures we have there and enjoy our California video below!
www.vimeo.com/joyfilmz
Comments
Post a Comment