October = Wedding Madness

So I know I always say I am busy... but I seriously don't know if I have ever been this busy in my life! All because I decided it would be fun to REALLY get into this videography stuff and actually get paid for all my time spent doing wedding videos. (and I was desperate for money, since this internship is unpaid). Luckily Cece is such a doll and is letting me borrow her nice camera to video so it is actually good enough quality for people to pay me for it. WOW what a huge difference it has made in the videos. I have become obsessed with making the videos now because the clarity and quality is fantastic. So I have been reaching out to everyone I know who is engaged and just letting them know I am doing wedding videos for a very good price, I explain that I am not a professional but I am better than your moms video camera and skills. It has just exploded from there. Started out with Rockwell & Sarah Reber, Josh & Bri Fultz, Kade & Lauren Barney, and I have Jake & Brooke Hatch, Shaun & Kaitlin & Malosi & his fiance coming up. Six couples may not seem like a lot but when they are all getting married within weeks of each other it creates a LOT of video footage to edit and put together. That has taking up every ounce of my free time. But I love it, and I hope to take classes, and get more training so I can expand even more and make this a good side job/hobby. Anyways blog is under construction for my video one so it can appeal more like a real job instead of me just attacking everyone with a FB message saying, "I can do your wedding videos!" Conference was 3 weeks ago and it was amazing and it had so many powerful talks that just hit home with me and I know it sounds cliche but "they were exactly what I needed to hear" and confirmed a lot of stuff that's going on with my life. 

That Sunday the girls were coming home from Vegas for Bri's bach party, and Brad planned out to propose to Diane that night so we could get everyone together. We started setting up at Freestone park and waited for an hour and a half for Diane to arrive and Kylee & Jessica dropped her off at Freestone and Diane walked up to the bridge to find lights and flowers and Brad standing there waiting for her. It was SO adorable and I am so happy I got to be there and capture some photos. I am very excited for this wedding because they are two of my favorite people, have been dating for 4 years, and are seriously perfect for each other! :) The following week was my best friend Brianna's wedding!! Thursday we helped them move into their new apartment which was chaotic because we didn't have enough boxes so we were shoving things into bags, and wrapping them up into blankets to transport into the cars. Haha 

Friday was the grooms dinner and Josh was about 35 minutes late because he was at the lake... pretty funny and not surprising. After the dinner and the remarks of family members a few of us helped with flower arrangements and trying our dresses on. Saturday was wedding day and I still did not have shoes, or spandex or a slip to wear under my dress since the material was thin and form fitting and was not very appealing on me since I no longer have a high school body. That morning Whitney and I went to find body suit spandex pieces and we felt like such old ladies shopping in that department... but it was better than not having one underneath. We tried on a ton of them and finally found ones that held our extra pudge in and made our butts look good. As we were checking out an elderly lady had a confused look on her face and said why are you guys buying these?!! You don't need them! Haha we explained to her that the dresses were thin material and the only way to look good in them was to wear spandex body suits underneath. We then got shoes, our dresses, and it was time to get ready. It was nice that her sealing was at 3:15 so we had all day to get ready and then afterwards we went straight to the reception and didn't have that awkward in between time. The reception was a BLAST and there was a LOT of dancing which is what I love most, there was good food, great people and beautiful weather. Definitely up there as one of the top receptions I have been too. My friends just throw great receptions. So ya, one wedding down and one more to go (for this year) on November 2nd. After that I should have a semi normal life again and actually be able to enjoy the beautiful fall weather Arizona has and do some exploring with good company!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays