General Conference was da BOMB!



Well this past weekend was FANTASTIC! Megynn was lucky to get tickets for the Saturday afternoon session and kind enough to let us accompany her! Sterling, DJ, Whitney, Megynn and I left Mesa around 6:30 Thursday night and drove the whole night to Provo. It went by SO fast! We got there in like 8 and a half hours! The car ride was full of good laughter & stories and DJ almost killing us without any of us noticing. We arrived around 4 am to Allie's apartment and crashed on the floor and couch! Friday; Megynn, Sterling, DJ, Tyler and I went to the Salt Lake Temple for me to do baptisms by myself and the rest of them did a session. We got there right before noon so they just missed the 12 o clock sesh so i was in and out with baptisms right when they started theres. SOOOOO I had 2 and half hours to kill by myself. My friend Tori is on her mission there so I was on the HUNT to find her! How did that go you might wonder? AWFUL! I walked around for a hour and a half in heels and never found her. I saw every other sister missionary there, and one advised me to just sit in one spot in the center and I should see her walking past. So for another hour I sat anxiously awaiting to see her, but it never happened. Once the others were done we went to grab some food then headed back to Provo. But anyways the SLC temple is so gorgeous and awesome inside! Everything is so detailed, and the door to the changing room was like barely wide enough for me to fit through. They must of been really little people back in the day. Friday night, Megynn and I went to dinner, with two of our Hawaii friends Megan Neal & Taylor Janiec and her FIANCE! Anyways Megan picked us up and holy cow I missed that girl! It was so fun being with her! And she confessed that she reads my blog :) So shout out to you MEGAN!! We went to Guru's and I had one of the best meals of my life... it was called a Curry Quesadilla. It had chicken, Zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, edamame, mushrooms, and cashews in a chipotle tortilla with melted Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Feta cheese. (HEAVEN) It was right up under there with the Chicken Mango Quesadilla.  Then after talking for a while we met up with Benjamin Lambert and his buddies to go bowling at Fat Cats! Rachel, Annie, & Kylee came too and it was a ton of fun! I had 4 or 5 strikes between the two games! I was happy! Then after that I met up with Clint, DJ, Tyler and Kylee and we just talked & got caught up. Saturday morning we watched confernece in the apt. and got ready to go during songs, and between speakers. Then we headed to SLC for our turn to be in the big ole conference center! We got there just in time before out tickets became invalid! That place is seriously HUGE! It was awesome being in it and the spirit that was felt there! I mean i wasn't in my PJ's... but I was in the same building as the Prophet & the apostles! So neat. Then we saw Jessica Paige and them below us and planned on meeting outside. When we were almost outside Jessica calls me and says, "Where are you?" I reply almost outside I promise! She then replies "well I am with a Sister Nixon I believe is her name?" I FREAK and frantically get outside quicker and say where are you? Don't move! So I found them and I GOT TO SEE TORI!! Ah I was so happy to see that face! She looks awesome and was super happy and just loving her mission! It was hard saying bye again but it had to be done. We then went and got 4 Taco's that were being sold for $5 from a little grill off the side of the street. Sketch? YES. Delicious? YESSSS! Then we were back to Provo! That night we went to get Frozen yogurt/ice cream/custard (yesss they served it all in once place) then off to American Fork to meet up with DJ's companion from the mish and his friends for a fire then to go to a cave? Well we show up in someones backyard and its pretty much a bunch of couples all sitting together. We were all like uhhhhh this is awkward. We let DJ catch up with his companion and then we made up an excuse to leave. We then went driving through the "spooky trees" then to In N Out where I saw Haley Fardig!! Woo another Hawaii friend. and some funny one liners happened that night as well thanks to DJ & Clint, they kept things real entertaining.Sunday morning it was up to Megynn & I to make breakfast for the boys so we did pancakes and stuffed out faces before we hit the road! The drive back was good! We listened to the first session on my phone through the axillary cord! During the break we hit a snow storm and  saw a car on its side. SKETCH, but after that I just went to bed becasue I didn't want to see the road conditions and freak out. Sleeping through it, is the best way. We unfortunately did not have 3G during the time of the 2nd session though to listen :( But nonetheless it was a great drive home and we got home quickly again it was sweeeet! Overall It was SUCH a fun weekend and I wanna go back soon to see the people I didn't get to see as well! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays