SPRING BREAK 2012!
Well My Spring Break Vacation is over, but my Spring break just started today for school... haha. I love teachers that give me wednesday & thursday of the week before spring break off! So awesome!! Well lets back track a little to two weeks ago I guess because that was a fun week. So there is a cool boy in one of my classes that I talked to once at an extra credit thing like a month ago and since then I was too nervous to talk to him again in class! But finally on the 7th I DID it. Paige told me I wouldn't be able to go to California if I didn't talk to him. So that was enough motivation right there. Long story short I did sit by him and we talked and went back to the UCENT together and he got my number & asked me to go to a Suns Game the next night b/c it was college night & only $5 for the top seats! So thursday night came around & we went and had a BLAST! A little after half time we went to the bathroom and when I came out he said, "so how about we go down to the 15th row?" My jaw dropped & I snagged the tickets & said how did you get those?!! He said one of the workers gave them to him! We excitedly ran down there and finished off an AWESOME game against the Mavericks with good seats! He is a fun kid & its nice having a friend in class finally, instead of being that weird girl who rides her scooter around campus with no friends.
Next fun thing on Saturday the 10th, I was set up on a blind date with Preston Ferrin to go Stand Up Jet Skiing! Holy cow is that hard but so fun once you know how to do it!! My first round in the water I did not get up and stay up at all. The one time I got up I floored the throttle and got thrown way off!! After a little break I tried it again and got right up! So next time I will have to learn how to turn correctly and maybe a few tricks? Anyways it was a way fun date & he is a fun kid as well & I can tell will always be down for doing crazy adventurous things!After that we had a Nerf Gun War for Roberts birthday! There was only 6 of us, but it was seriously so much fun! We played Capture the Flag, Every Man For Himself, and Zombie v. Humans! I got some battle wounds from rolling on the floor and dodging bullets but we will definitely be doing that again in the near future.
Thursday we set alarms for 8:30 thinking that would be enough time for us to get our continental breakfast. We called asking when it closed & they said 9, so we frantically hurried down to what we expected to be pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, cereal, & the whole sha bang. HAA what a joke. We get down there and they have muffins, pastries, and juice. We were SO disappointed and couldn't believe they called that a continental breakfast. Whatever, so we lounged around & slowly got ready for the beach and headed to mission and it was CLOUDY! So we shopped around, debated for a really long time on whether to get hennas, ate some good food & were determined to find a beach with some sun. We drove north to La Jolla beach & it wasn't much better, but since we were there we parked it and set up our stuff. After realizing no one was on the beach beside the surfers in the water, we went to Pacific Beach where more people were at. There was not any more sun but it was fun to people watch, play volleyball, football, & all that stuff. That night we went into Downtown San Diego to eat & maybe hit up a 18+ club, but in the end we decided not to do the whole club thing & just went back to the hotel & played games. Friday we went to Oceanside all day thinking there would be sun and when we got there, there wasn't. We waited it out though and it did eventually come out! That made everyone happy, & burnt, and it was a really fun day. We had a guy doing Yoga in front of us for about 4 hours, and we ate Johnny Manana's on the beach & took fun pictures then got DQ (because we can't go to oceanside without having their DQ). Oh yeah and I got pooped on while laying out. I was sooo ticked!Saturday night I then left for Happy Jack, AZ to Megynn's Cabin for a weekend trip and it was super fun! Saturday night the 5 of us girls started out all sleeping on one bed watching the snowfall but not sticking to the ground. By the morning there was only 3 on the bed (with me at the feet of 2) and the entire surroundings COVERED in snow! It blew my mind how much snow there was in just a short period of time! Church was cancelled so we napped, played in the snow, made a snowman, adventured over to a cabin being built, had a snowball fight, watched Chronicles of Narnia, played around the world pool, around the world ping pong, kemps, Scum, and Speed!
I was hoping to go Snowboarding Monday, & Adrian & Natalie drove up saturday night around 11 to stay with us and take me snowboarding with them and they called me when they got to Payson saying they were not letting anyone without 4-wheel drive or chains through to Heber or Winslow. Thats how much snow they had got and how bad the road conditions were. So that put a big damper on my monday cause it would of been awesome to snowboard in so much powder! We were snowed in this morning until about 8 when the snow plows came by & Scott shoveled the drive way. So we left around 2ish and even then the roads still had snow on them and we passed about 6 cars that had run off the road into snow banks. Luckily I was with Neela who served her mission in Idaho and has had plenty of practice driving in the snow! :) We made it home safe through the storm and now I have tomorrow off of work still & am glad for just one more day of rest!
Comments
Post a Comment