December-End of a CRAZY Year!
Wednesday we visited Andrea and her baby Avery and it was fun to catch up with her! Thursday we went to visit Santa with Kennedy and Ralee and Myla was scared of course. Then we walked around Bass Pro Shop and looked at the fish and animals. Then we went and grabbed lunch at Rubio’s.
Friday I had my last wedding of the year at the Four Seasons Resort at Troon and it was a small 20 person wedding. Everyone was from NJ and South Carolina. Very nice people and I am so glad it was low key and I was done by 7:30pm because it took a toll on my body. When I got home I could barely get out of the car and walk my back was hurting so bad. I took a bath to help recover it was so bad. Trennon & Cari Anne had Myla all day and kept her that night for a sleepover and it was soooo nice to have been able to sleep in and not worry about her first thing in the morning. She had the time of her life with them too.
Saturday we did some house work and then that afternoon Lucas took Will and Grant to Main Event to play arcade games for their 12th birthday outing and I met up with them for dinner at Red Robin. Sunday we took some maternity/family pictures, I just had Cari Anne snap them on my camera. Myla started out good and was smiling great and then she got cold and didn’t want to cooperate any more. Sunday we watched church online since Marbella ward is at 1:00pm and we didn’t think Myla would last with her nap being at 1:00 so we put her down and then as we were watching they only have their speakers talk for 5-7 minutes so church was done by 1:20pm. We were shocked so we said we could take Myla for the next 2 weeks since we wouldn’t be home too much later. That night we went to my parents for dinner and then their stake had a drive thru live Nativity at the stake center.

That was a fun outing with them. Monday was just grocery pick up and then that night we went to a house nearby that had lights to music.
Tuesday I got a Massage that was so wonderful. Myla hung out at Kasey’s and she did a to Coco party and gave Myla an Elsa night gown and Olive an Anna one and they looked sooo adorable together in their princess dresses have a formal cocoa “tea” party. Megynn Webb stopped by that afternoon to give us a gift for baby boy and she crochet a Whale, beanie, and diaper cover that is so cute! I love it so much. Thursday we went to hang out with Tayzia and Owen at their park and had fun time with them. That night we went to dinner with Cari Anne’s family that all came into town and then we did the drive thru world of illumination light show. It was really cool and Myla was glued the whole time. Friday I had another OB appointment and my blood work came back good with no preeclampsia, so hoping it stays that way! I also got a Deep Freezer and I’m so excited to finally be able to stock up on meats and frozen meals, I have a feeling my next Costco trip is going to be dangerous.
Saturday was Cari Anne’s baby shower and she got a lot of great items and it was fun to see her all excited! After that we went to my parents house to make gingerbread houses and I guess it was my parents first time really making them.
Sunday was Christmas Sunday and our ward had 2 speakers and a musical number that were both great. That night we went to Kasey’s house for the Bodine Christmas get together and the kids did their piano recital, then we hung outside by the fire and had s’mores, hot cocoa, and sang some songs. It’s Christmas week!!
Monday I went to Costco and spent way too much money but stocked up on some good stuff for when baby gets here so Lucas and I don’t have to worry too much about meals/grocery shopping. That night the missionaries came over to meet us and share a message. Tuesday I met up with Jessica and Audrey at the park and the kids played and we exchanged gifts. That night we set up Myla’s toy kitchen & its so cute Im so excited for her to get it. Wednesday was a chill day and then I dropped off Tyler Bodine’s north face jacket and when I was trying to leave with Myla he said how about you just leave her here, we will bring her home after dinner. I said sweet that will help me have some time to finish this wedding video I am working on. So i rushed home and worked on that and then Lucas came home and we enjoyed a nice dinner and then setup our computer desk that finally came in. Now our room is complete and has a lot of furniture in it but it works! Thursday was Christmas Eve and Lucas had it OFF woohoo, but he just worked on the yard and I hung with Myla and then my mom came over to help hang up some decor in the babies room and the Packards stopped by and gave us this knife throwing game that looks fun. After nap we went to the Kolstads and they had Barro’s pizza and we brought out own Thai Curry and had a lovely meal. Then we did the saran wrap roulette game where we had to wear mittens and unwrap the layers of gifts in the ball. It was pretty entertaining and fun! Then each kid opened a present and Whitney got Myla a cinderella book and Barbie and Myla was soooo excited about both of them.
Then we did a short nativity reenactment and Myla got to play Mary and loved holding baby Jesus and being in the costume. Then we watched about an hour of Home Alone before we headed home. It was a very fun night and I am so grateful for how much fun Whitney and her kids are. Friday was Christmas and Myla woke up around 7:00 and came into our room because she has no idea their were presents in the family room. I went out there and turned the lights on so I could video her coming out and she still didn’t have much of an idea but then she saw her yellow bike and was so excited about that and wanted to ride it. She slowly got on it and rode to look at her kitchen and other gifts. She then was very interested in her kitchen and played with that while we tried to get her to open other gifts but she didn’t care much for them. Lucas and I had a simple Christmas and counted all the new house stuff we got as our Christmas gifts to each other. Which is way better than anything else I could want because I love the floors, baseboards, cabinets, countertops, bathroom vanities, bed set, & desk! The house feels more comfortable, clean, and homey with all these updates.
We then called Butch & Delynn and chatted with them for a bit, then went to my parents house to eat breakfast casserole and open all the gifts from them. We played outside for a bit then we went home to take naps which were very needed. Then we went back to my parents for dinner, games, and ended the night watching the movie Klaus. It was a really enjoyable day and so much fun with the age Myla is.
Saturday we just chilled around put away Christmas, took Myla to the park to try out the bike, then Lucas and I went to see Wonder Woman84 and then relaxed that night. Sunday we went to church and it was pretty empty, but luckily its the last week of 1:30pm church woohoo!



Comments
Post a Comment