August Baby Moon!
Then we headed to our hotel to get checked in and we’re excited to see the town! We were both wanting a light healthier option for dinner so we went to a salad/sandwich place that was good. Then we went to Ross so I could get a new pair of sandals for the rest of the trip. Then we just chilled at the hotel the rest of the night. Sunday we went towards the west side and did a hike called lighthouse/rubicon trail which was nice and easy and then we went to Calwee Cove beach that was in the same area.
The water was surprisingly not too freezing like I thought it would be. I actually got in up to my waste! We laid out and napped there for a couple hours then went back to get cleaned up and then we had Base Camp Pizza for dinner and it was amazing!! We wanted to go back again but didn’t have the time too. Then we looked around all the shops that were nearby and listened to some live music. Then we got Baked Bear ice cream sandwiches and went back to the hotel and watched the first 2 episodes of 24 so we could catch up to Delynn and watch it together when we got home. Monday was our Emerald Bay day. We got the Vikingsholm parking lot at 9am and got the 2nd to last spot so we lucked out there. We did the emerald point hike and it started out good and then towards the end we lost the trail and had to do some bush whacking and eventually found a spot that had a cool look out point to claim that was the end. The hike was really cool though because the trail is mostly along the water so you can see Emerald bay the whole time. We hiked back and saw the castle and took a break on the beach the walked up the steep 1 mile road to the parking lot. We ate our leftover pizza at the top with the view. Then we walked to the lower eagle falls and Lucas wanted to go down farther to get under the water fall.
I waited at the top of the waterfall looking for him and after about 15 minutes I still couldn’t see him by the waterfall so I was nervous the he fell along the way. I got up and went towards the direction he started descending and was calling out his name to see if he could hear me. Then I see him coming back waving to get my attention cause he could tell I was nervous and I relaxed immediately knowing he was okay. He said he was trying to get my attention when he was under the waterfall but I couldn’t hear him at all. So he saw me get up and leave and he knew I was worried. I felt bad I cut his time shirt exploring down there. We then went to Baldwin beach and I realized I forgot my swimsuit so that stunk but we went kayaking first and the guide told us it would be fun to go explore the creek that flows into the lake so we did that. Towards the end we got into shallow marsh like water which smelled awful so that was fun to get out of. Then we finished our time in the lake and Lucas attempted to jump off a pole but got too scared. We returned the kayak and swam in the water for a bit then laid out and took a nap and fed some geese. That was my favorite beach we saw because it was bigger and not as many boats.
Tuesday was our last day and I slept in til 9am it was wonderful! We had breakfast and then went up the Heavenly Gondola to look at the view points and then we did the coaster which was both our first time and it was surprisingly really fun! Then we hiked up to the very top of the mountain for one last lake viewpoint. After that we headed back down and had a small lunch then went and relaxed in our room for an hour and then we went on our sail boat excursion.
It was really cool, different, peaceful and the guides were really nice and friendly to talk with. The last half hour I felt a little nauseous but other than that it was a great way to end our trip! I wouldn’t definitely love to come back here with our kids someday. There is so much to see and explore and very kid friendly. We’re excited to get home to see Myla though!
Myla was so excited to see us and we had Annie, Afton, and Olive over actually while Kasey took Audrey to target so we had fun playing with them and swimming. Thursday Lucas had his 2nd interview with the VA so that was good news to hear and hoping he will impress them more and get the job. We also had Lennon over for a play date and Myla and her play so well together and had a great time. That night I went to Paige Winters baby shower and caught up with Jessica Bowyer Smith. Then Friday we went to the QC splash pad with friends and Lucas took his jurisdiction exam. Hoping that goes well.
Saturday morning we went SUP for Stephanie’s birthday so all the sisters, Millett girls and Grace. It was very relaxing and we had a lot of fun hanging on the river. Monday the 10th we got some unfortunate news that Lucas didn’t pass his NPTE exam. I held it together when he told us but I could see in his face how disappointed and crushed he was. We talked for a little bit about it and then I had to go get Olive to come over and I started crying in the car and then while I was driving Lucas texted the family and told him so Kasey said if today isn’t a good day you don’t need to take Olive over and I said no it’s fine and Kasey’s eyes were kind of watery and then I started crying more and just saying how bad it sucks. Then I had a couple more crying sessions throughout the day. I just want to be done with school stuff and done with him studying. It’s so stressful and time consuming knowing he has to pass this test in order to work. Now he has to wait until October to take it again but we’re hoping the VA will offer him the job and let him work until he passes. He just wants to work and make money and provide for the family. Now we have to pay about $700 for more study materials and test fees. I know he will pass, he has failed many tests before and retaken them and passed. He is determined and I know he will eventually work and do what he is passionate about. Monday felt like a super long day we were both just kind of mopey and Myla was acting out pretty bad so I think she could tell something was off and was expressing how we were both feeling. We ended the night with watching 24 which helped get our minds off of it. Tuesday I finished the O.U.R. Demonstration video and went and played bunco that night with some friends. Wednesday Taylor and Kari came over after dance class that I was going to sign Myla up for but now that we don’t know when Lucas will be working I didn’t want to have another thing to pay for while money is tight. That night I had my first bridal shoot since May. It was just at the temple and it was fun to work again. We couldn’t go inside the temple gates so all the pictures had to be taken outside the gates which is a bummer but better than nothing.
Thursday we went to Owens to play and we brought Olive with us since Kasey is struggling with online school with Afton while Olive is around. So I’m trying to have Olive over as much as I can so she can focus on helping the other girls with online school. Then I went and watched LaurĂ©n’s girls while she worked and Myla loved playing with Lennon’s toys. Friday we went to riverview splash pad with some friends and we got there at 9am when it opens but the water wasn’t on. Someone called the number and they said the water turns on at 10! We were so annoyed but luckily there was a playground that had shade over it so we all figured we would kill the time here. Well 10:00 hits and the water still isn’t on. So all these moms start calling and complaining and they said they would seem a ranger to come check it out. Meanwhile we’re all so hot and sweaty and done with the heat. The ranger comes and can’t figure it out or get ahold of maintenance so we all just had to leave since it was too hot to keep playing on the playground. That was really annoying and I guess we have to stick to Queen Creek ones since they’re reliable. That evening we went to Dolly’s graduation party which was fun to hang out with the fam and eat yummy food. Saturday we went swimming in the morning and hung out then I went up north to the Rim for a bridal shoot and it was beautiful weather and scenery. Sunday we went to the ward my dad was speaking at in Gilbert and it was so weird to be back at church since it’s been 5 months. It was kind of eerie feeling because not many people were there and you had to be spaced out and everyone in masks. Then the sacrament was passed with bread in the cups and then they had someone following the tray with a pitcher to throw the cups into it. But the talks were both great and it was nice to get out of the house to break up the morning. Then the Kolstad’s came over for dinner and we played games and had a great time with them.
Monday we headed up to Flagstaff with Butch, Delynn, Micah, Kasey & Olive. Lucas wanted to hike Humprheys to clear his head and do something he likes before studying again for 3 months. Then i wanted Kasey & Olive to come so Myla had someone to play with so I didn’t have to entertain her as much. Kasey & Olive drove in the car with us and Olive slept and Myla didn’t she was too excited to play i guess. We got to the cabin and it was super nice and updated and we hung outside and enjoyed the good weather and went on a walk then had dinner, let the girls get messy and then bathed them and put them to sleep. We then looked at Stars through the telescope and just with our own eyes and enjoyed some good conversation. After that we busted out the Marble game and we got Butch to play! It was a miracle. Him and Mom were actually the first ones to get marbles in and were killing it. I think he secretly liked playing. Tuesday Lucas and Micah left early for the hike and us girls enjoyed breakfast and then went on a walk/hike for 2 miles and then came back and let the girls play then went on a short bike ride, then had lunch, showered, then the boys got back and they had a great time. We then put the girls down for a nap and the boys stayed with them & we went into town to do some shopping. We hit up Marshall’s, World Market, Old Navy, and Target. Then we met up at Grimaldi’s for dinner and then got Crumbl cookies after and headed back to the cabin. We played ping pong and pool and I beat the 3 Bodine men in Ping Pong!! I was shocked but also very proud. I just need to beat Tyler for clean sweep. We then put the girls down and looked at Stars again, played marbles since they had the hang of it now, and then played the card game Golf. Wednesday we packed up and left to go home, it was a very nice 2 days in the mountains and I hope it gives Lucas the motivation he needs to study hard for the test.
That afternoon we got good news from the VA they are offering Lucas the position to work there and said they can let him work with the assumption he will pass his test within the year. So that was AMAZING news and a total confidence boost for him to know that he is wanted and I think it will help him study harder and help break up his days so it doesn’t seem so daunting. He should start the beginning on September if all the paperwork gets done.
Thursday was my Dad’s birthday and we went to Lumberjaxe for an activity and I beat everyone & can claim the title. I think this baby might be a great athlete since I beat men in Ping Pong and Axe throwing. Then wen went to Bobby Q’s for dinner. Friday I went swimming with Myla and edited a bridal video and then we went to Zupa’s and Buy Buy Baby to look at double strollers to see what I would like. It’s so time consuming to research and find baby products that you want. Saturday I had a wedding with bridals in the morning and then the ring ceremony & dinner in the afternoon. It was pretty hot but I survived and it will be nice to have some work to edit now. Sunday was normal hanging out in the morning, virtual church at noon then family dinner at my parents house in the evening!
Last week of August was fun and eventful! Monday the girls went over to my moms to learn from Joan (lady living in their studio) how to make Curry and a noddle dish. She is such a cute lady and I loved getting to know her and learn some cooking techniques. Tuesday was a work day, Myla played at Kasey’s and I edited all morning and through Myla’s nap. Wednesday Myla and I went to this new play place called Giggles and it has a bunch of toys and playgrounds to play on. I took Olive with us too and the two of them were busy playing the whole 2 hours and rarely bothered me. It was amazing. I wish it was closer and cheaper because I would go there every week! That evening Lucas and I went and did a shoot for Alex new car rentals that he is offering for The Event Co. He had a Tesla and Corvette and it was fun to have Lucas there to film with me. We then got the news that Mom and Dad would be going back on their mission September 9th! Which is 2 weeks away. I have many mixed feelings about it, I am excited to have space/king size bed but I am going to miss having someone to come home to during the day and share cooking/cleaning responsibilities with. I think Myla is going to have a hard adjustment too. She loves have 4 adults to entertain her throughout the day we have really gotten used to it. Change is so weird, I had these same kind of feelings before they moved in, I was nervous about living together and felt like it would be hard but it hasn’t, so now that its ending its making me sad because its been enjoyable and it’s going to be a hard adjustment back now. I am excited for them to finish their mission and have the closure that they need. They will come back the middle of February which also maybe a reason I am sad because they won’t be here when the baby is born but a month later won’t change too much. Thursday I had a dentist appointment in the morning and took Myla to get the car wash and chilled that night. Friday I went to the Fuse Pac Frozen II story book live and it was so so cute and Myla, Lennon, and Chloe loved it. Myla wouldn’t go up to the characters though to take pictures that terrified her. Then us girls we went to Lunch for Cari Anne’s birthday at Zupa’s. That night we took Myla to Trennon and Cari Anne’s to sleep over since we were going to the lake the next morning. We’re so lucky she loves them and doesn’t cry when we leave.
Saturday morning we went to the Lake with all the Bodine Siblings and mom and dad on Kelli & Bert’s new boat. It was so fun to all be together and enjoying Kelli’s happy place. It was cool to see mom wakeboarding and wake surfing too, I love that she doesn’t let age stop her from doing fun things. We had one unfortunate event happen though… the drone landed in the water. Lucas had it take off from the boat and it got in the air and then the controller said cannot fly and would be automatically landing. Lucas calmly was saying no cancel, cancel, cancel trying to cancel the auto land but then it got lower and lower to the water and I was like “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” because I didn’t know it was automatically landing. Then the drone lands and is staying right on the water and Micah jumps out to get it and it starts to slowly submerge and Micah was able to grab it but it got fully wet. My jaw dropped and I couldn’t believe that happened. I was sooo sad. Lucas felt awful and explained that it landed on its own and we quickly took the battery out and tried drying it off as best we could. So that was a big bummer I was really excited to get drone footage of the boat and someone wakeboarding. We left the lake at 11:30 because I had to go to the temple to film a couple with their 6 people they could have in their sealing. Then I rushed home to take a nap so I could be coherent for the reception. I woke up and Myla woke up and wanted to cuddle and be held because she didn’t have a long enough nap so that made it hard to leave cause she just wanted to hold me. It was so sweet. Then I went to the reception and it was pretty low key just dinner and the formalities. I should be able to edit it pretty quickly. Sunday I slept in cause I was so tired and we had at home church then went to the Klein’s for dinner. Monday I went to the Mall with Jessica and Audrey and the kids so they could run around and burn energy while we talked and caught up. Then I had my 21 week Anatomy ultra sound which I was so anxious about to get the envelope for the gender! Everything looked healthy and normal and no concerns from the Doctor. One thing they were able to tell was that my placenta is anterior which is why I look big but he said there are no concerns for that. That night we went to Dinner and Golfland to celebrate Cari Anne’s birthday. That wraps up August!







Comments
Post a Comment