April REAL Lockdown
Wednesday April 1st we moved Myla’s crib over and got her room all set up and finished some more packing. Thursday Kennedy came over and hung with Myla so my mom and I could deep clean the house before Butch & Delynn moved back in. Then it was our last night in the house by ourselves before our new roommates move in! We have enjoyed the King Size bed for the past year and will miss it a lot. Friday I filmed a video of Kelli , Whitney & Kasey asking Celine to hear their story about their 2 cancelled concerts. It was pretty funny and I hope it can be shared by many people so it can reach Celine. Then that afternoon after Lucas got off work we got Butch & Delynn moved over and unpacked and we have never had such a packed fridge and pantry! Lucas is going to love having all this variety of food to eat. Saturday was general conference and it was different this year because of Covid and they only had the speakers in the room. It didn’t feel too much different for us since we rarely go to conference but I know many people were sad their plans were cancelled. They came out with a new proclamation and also an official symbol of Christ with his hands open and welcoming all to come unto him. It was a special conference that brought peace to this crazy uncertain time. Sunday was more conference and then that night we went to the Millett’s and celebrated Bert & Kelli’s 20th anniversary. They were supposed to be in Cozumel finishing off their scuba certification but that got cancelled as well. They cut a slice of carrot cake and Kelli was able to fit into her dress too which was very impressive. Monday April 5th was my first day alone in the house with Butch and Delynn and I was pretty nervous of how it was all going to be. I didn’t know if we would be spending a lot of the time together or apart or just what would be our new normal.
Lucas needed a mask for work so Delynn busted out the sewing machines and she taught me how to sew some masks so we had some good bonding time over that. She is so good at sewing. Tuesday Myla was showing a lot of interest in her new potty and wasn’t having accidents so we went for it and she loved peeing on the potty and it was a really good first day of potty training day. I was shocked. She loved her Minnie underwear and only had 2 accidents all day. Tuesday morning I took her straight to to the potty and she was trying but nothing came out and I went to go get something and I cam back and their was poop in the potty and she had a look of fear on her eyes like what just happened and I praised her and went crazy saying how awesome and gave her a skittle and then she looked happy.
I was so amazed and thought wow she is going to be trained in 3 days like this method says! Well 45 minutes later when I tried to take her potty again she was TERRIFIED to sit down and reused to let go of me and screamed and kicked every time I tried. So I felt bad and didn’t want to force it and have it be a bad experience so I decided to wait a week or 2 before going at it again. I just really wanted to maximize my quarantine by potty training her since were stuck at home anyways. So the plan was to just offer the potty occasionally to help her not be afraid and then when she is excited about it again we would try.
Anyway that night we had our first sisters bike ride girls night and rode from Whitneys house to Zupas and ate on the grass nearby. It was much needed adult girl time.
Next day Delynn and I started making Easter outfits for Myla and Olive. The pattern was pretty easy but still some prep work needed to be done. Friday we finished the dresses and they look so adorable, can’t wait to see them in it together on Sunday. Then that afternoon my parents came over and surprised Lucas with Trennon’s old truck as a graduation gift and we were shocked and also uncomfortable about the situation. We are grateful and its super nice but we feel like we should be working and saving out own money to get a truck like that and not just have it handed to us. My mom was crying when she was talking about how proud of Lucas she was and that he deserved it but we still just felt so uncomfortable and didn’t really react like how they thought we would. We were pretty speechless and just said thanks. I don’t know why my parents feel the need to spoil us so much and not allow us to work hard for our own things but I don’t know how to bring it up to them. Hopefully one day I’ll get it off my chest. Sage, Faith, & Jane showed up for a game night so we played with them and then afterwards Lucas took his mom outside and showed her the truck and she was shocked as well. We told her how uncomfortable we felt about it all and how we’re so embarrassed to tell the rest of the siblings because it looks like we just get everything we want and don’t have many expenses. We even threw out the idea of selling it to get money to pay off loans but knew that would hurt my parents feelings as well. It was just a big mess of emotions for me. Saturday Lucas and I went on a bike ride and it was hard for me since it has been a while and I got a flat on the way home on Greenfield and Brown. Lucas booked it home to get the truck to pick me up and I guess Butch was outside when he got back and unlocked the new truck and drove off in it and Butch had a shocked look on his face like whose truck is this? When we got back Lucas took Butch to shop and explained the truck situation. That night we did a virtual game night with the Packards and Skousen’s which was fun but we're all ready for real game nights to happen.
Sunday was EASTER! Myla had a few gifts from the Easter Bunny that morning and then we went to he Kleins for a delicious breakfast, church and easter egg hunt. Once Myla realized there was candy in the eggs she was all about the egg hunt, and even got Lucas to push her in the stroller to go find some.
That night we went to my parents house for dinner which was delicious and great company. Monday was pretty boring, just bike rides, and chillin at home. Tuesday we got Myla a Minnie Mouse Helmet for when she rides on the back of my bike in the seat. In the afternoon we went and rode bikes with the Klein girls. Next day we had a morning bike ride and then the boys moved Papa’s desk into the house which I guess was a hard task because it barely fits. Thursday I went to watch the Millett kids make their 3 amigos video and it was really cute and creative! Friday we made our talent show videos for the Bodine Virtual talent show and Myla’s was gardening with Mom and it was pretty cute. Then Lucas played the star spangled banner, mom made cookies and dad & Myla ate them. Then I made a wake boarding tutorial video of all my crashes and a few where I landed. It was a busy filming and editing day. Saturday was the Virtual talent show and it was really fun to see all the talents the family has. After the show we went to the Klein’s to play games since Butch doesn’t care to go he stays home while Myla sleeps. It’s the greatest babysitting. Sunday we had the Bodine’s over for dinner & homemade ice cream which was yummy. Monday I went and watched the Klein girls while Kasey had an outing. Tuesday I did a half mile run with Lucas since that was one of my birthday gifts to him. Wednesday we had another sisters girls bike ride and dinner night and went to backyard taco! We also decided to do a girls camp for all the granddaughters 3 and up since church camp was cancelled. I am so excited for it! Thursday mom and dad had their front yard demoed and they have big dumpster in front and Myla was obsessed with the dumpster and enjoyed playing in the dirt. That night I put together a parking lot girls night with Audrey, Jess, Tayzia, Jessie, and Anneliese and it was so fun to see them and talk for a few hours! I miss friends!
Saturday Lucas and I hiked Picket Post out in superior and within the first 30 minutes Lucas stepped right on a rattlesnakes HEAD! I saw his foot come up off of it and I screamed and ran to the side and around and yelled you stepped on the rattlesnake!! He had no idea and said no way where? I pointed to the snake right in the middle of the trail and he just laughed and said wow well that was lucky! I was pretty shaken up and extra paranoid the rest of the hike. About half way up it turns into climbing rather than hiking which was fun but I am so out of shape and felt so slow and tired. It took about 2 hours to get to the top and the view was worth it it was really gorgeous and remote. The climb down wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be and we actually got down in good time but once we got to the area where I saw the snake I didn’t want to talk much and just focus on the path and our steps. Sunday was more home church and family dinner. Monday the 27th was Kasey’s birthday and I watched the girls in the morning and then we had them all over for Tacos and cake that night to celebrate! Tuesday the 28th we started potty training again and we are committed this time! First day went pretty good and she had accidents which was expected but she was happy to try going on the potty.
Delynn wanted to go swimming in the afternoon so that kind of messed up being disciplined but whatever. Myla loved the pool as was so excited to jump to Delynn and just be in the water.
Thursday Klein girls came over to swim and Myla is loving all the time spending with them. That night we did another sisters bike ride dinner from Stephanie’s house to eat Rubios at a park in Eastmark. Those neighborhoods are so so pretty! The rest of the week had potty training mixed in it and Myla seemed to be getting worse and was not recognizing when she had to pee and kept having accidents everyday. The most funny moment of it all was i saw her face turn red like when she poops so I rushed her to the toilet and she is holding on to my neck and I am holding on to her and she is trying to push but is scared, so I am chanting you can do it Myla, push push push let it come out. I seriously felt like a birthing coach and I was trying to get her to push a baby out. FINALLY some poop came out and i was so excited and she was so excited and we celebrated. Then we went back to the kitchen to help with dinner and then 2 minutes later I saw her push again so I looked at her bum and saw some more poop was coming out so I picked her up and ran her to the bathroom and the poop fell out in my hand and then I sat her on the toilet but think was scared now and nothing else came out. I experienced such a high of potty training to be followed by a very big low. It was a lot of emotions all in the 3 minutes. on day 6 of potty training she was standing next to me in the bathroom right next to the toilet and started to pee and I realized if she can’t make it to the potty when she is standing right next to it, she isn’t ready. So after 7 days we called it quits and I am going to try again after summer when were not swimming as much and she is a little older.

Comments
Post a Comment