SPRING BREAK!


 First day of March we went to Lucas’ school BBQ which was nice to have another free meal. Then I went to a relief society activity and they had women who were born or have lived in different countries talk to us about those cultures and woman in that culture. It was really fascinating. 


Then that Friday Lucas took me on a surprise birthday date and we went to the Drive-In’s. We got wingstop nearby and ate it there and saw Black Panther. It was fun to re-live our first date but this time actually cuddle! The movie was really good too! Then that Saturday I did a birthday hike with some friends just to the Wind Caves and that was fun to get outside and then just the Delgado’s and us went to Crackers and Co afterwards for lunch! It was fun to catch up with them! 
Then I think that night we watched the 2nd Lord of the Rings! The next week I had a few shoots & Lucas had finals so nothing too exciting happened. Then my family did an Escape the Room and it was hard. We didn’t do so well but it was fun to all work together. 

Then the 16th I left that morning with Tyler and Kasey Klein to head to California for the Bodine 40th Anniversary trip! Kasey and I talked almost the whole drive, I love that she is so easy to talk too. We stopped and ate at a Sandwich shop (TK Bakery) in Indigo that had crazy good reviews and it didn’t disappoint! We got to the house around 4:00 and had an hour to veg before leaving for dinner. 
We went to dinner on the Queen Mary ship and Lucas met us there, since he had to fly because he had a final that morning. The dinner was INCREDIBLE! Like the best I have had. We had appetizers, bread, and sorbet to cleanse the palette before the entree, then fancy meat and potatoes, then creme Brûlée, chocolate cake, and apple something for dessert. It was FANCY! We also did toasts for Mom and Dad and it was really special to hear everyone say something about them and how great of an example they are too us. 

We started the trip off really strong. The next day we went to Catalina Island and walked to the Botancial Garden, and spent some time there and played with the drone. Then we walked back to the main area to eat lunch, and by this time by hip was hurting really bad. I was nervous about how much more walking I still had to do. After lunch, Kelli, Micah, Tyler, Steph and us went snorkeling and it was not so great for me.

My heartburn has been pretty bad the past few weeks and when I was face down in the water my heartburn hurt so bad that I keep feeling like i had to throw up. So I kept coming above water and just sitting there floating. Then I would dip my head back in to see the fish for a minute then come back up. For 5 minutes. I’m sure the snorkel guide was confused why my head was above water more than under. I finally did throw up and it felt a little better but I think a combination of a tight wetsuit, and looking down was just not working out for me. So that was a bummer but it was still really beautiful to see all the fish and kelp for the few times I did have my head in the water! As soon as I got the wetsuit off and on dry land I felt much better. We then walked around the shops, looked for souvenirs, ate dinner, got ice cream, then went back to the ferry. My hip was KILLING me at this point like I was walking so slow because to pick up my leg to move it forward hurt so bad. Not sure why it’s doing this when I walk for long periods of time. We were all exhausted when we got back to the house but Lucas and I took a bath because the tub was huge! I wish I had a tub like that! Sunday we had breakfast, then went to sacrament, then came back and had a family council about how we can help each other raise a strong generation of kids.
Then took naps, went to the beach and flew a kite, and took some pictures. Then went back and ate dinner, played the marble game, the girls did face masks, and then went to bed since we had to be up early the next day.

Monday we went to Universal Studios and we first went to the Harry Potter ride and Kasey got sick and threw up afterwards so that didn’t start her day off so great. I was able to do most the rides since most are 3D and you stay in place and it moves around. The Park wasn’t busy at all so we got through most the rides by lunch time.

We ate at Three Broonsticks which is in Hogwarts and it was actually really good. Then of course we got butterbeer. After that there were a few shows to see and people did some rides again. In the animal show Whitney got to hold money in her hand and have a bird come get it. That was exciting. Then we had dinner there to stall time to not have to drive back in rush hour. We got back to the house and showered and then pretty much crashed.

The next morning the Kolstad’s and Klein’s left before we were awake and then the rest of them left around 9am and Lucas and I locked up the house and then went to do initiatories at the Newport Temple. Then we went to the Crystal Cove Shake Shack and it was really good with a beach view! Then we went to our AirBNB in Huntington and the host was so funny. He was excited to see us and showed us our way around the place and he had an elevator in his house so that was nice to use to bring our stuff up! Then the whole time he would always say “here is a light switch so your never in the dark” and turn one on, then did that throughout the whole tour.

 So we were set on always having a light switch to turn on. We then got dressed for the beach because the sun was actually out. We got to the beach and had about 30 minutes of warmth and then a thick cloud came in and it got real cold. :( we stuck it out for about an hour before we went back to the place to drop our stuff off and change to warmer clothes. Still felt nice to have my feet in the sand! We then walked to the downtown area and they had a street market going on so we looked at those shops. Then met one guy at his real estate store who was LDS and told us about his conversion, and how he met President Kimball, then he took a picture of us to put on his Business FB page. Haha funny guy. We then ate at Sanchos Tacos and it was incredible. Then we went back and finished shopping and got Lucas a pair of shorts, shirt, and socks that were his birthday presents. We then called it a night because my feet and body hurt! We watched Planet Earth on my phone and then fell asleep. It was a nice extra day to spend together since we don’t have time to do a “baby moon” so we are counting that.

That weekend I had bridals to film, and we finished the 3rd Lord of the Rings movie, then I had Katie Maschue’s wedding which was fun and the craziest dance party! 
That Monday we went out to eat at Osaka to celebrate Lucas and a Trennon’s birthday. It was delicious and entertaining as always. Wednesday I went to take lunch to Ashley Owens (girl with pelvic injury) for her birthday and deliver positive messages and birthday cards my Young Women made for her. It was nice to catch up with her and she was able to show me that she can walk and stand for about 10 minutes at a time. It was so cool to see. She definitely has better spirits now that there is hope for a normal life and she is getting some answers. I told her next birthday we would be doing something fun! She wouldn’t be in bed any more! The next day was Lucas Birthday!! Started off the morning with one gift for him to open which was stance socks. Then I went to powercore then got a massage. Then picked up Costa Vida and a chocolate dipped cone from Creme & Chocolate and took it to his school to have lunch with him. He then opened another gift and it was a shirt that he picked out at Huntington Beach. So wasn’t really a surprise. Then I went home and edited a bit and when he got home he opened the rest of his gifts and I got him a ASU tie, new shorts, and then an ASU onesie for the baby. But when I cut open the bubble package I snipped part of the sleeve :( so I have to put a patch there or replace the sleeves with gold. Then we went to Postino’s with Butch and Delynn and that was delicious. Then we caught the light rail to go to the Diamondbacks Opening game for the season. Then his last gift was to get a Diamondbacks hat there. He was super stoked about that. The game was good and a shirtless man ran on the field and slid to 2nd. It was pretty funny. Then the diamondbacks won as well! I was so happy that they played on Lucas’ actual birthday and it was opening game for the season made the birthday celebration that much better :) Friday Lucas organized his own birthday lunch at our place and Milletts, Kolstads, Bodines, Delynn and my mom all came. We had hamburgers and hot dogs and a bunch of sides and the kids all played outside. It was a really fun afternoon! Then I had a wedding that night in Glendale and luckily Ashtyn was the photographer so we could carpool together. Saturday was General conference and Lucas had a school conference in Glendale all day, so I watched the morning session by my self and it was special to be apart of the Solemn Assembly and sustain the new prophet Russell M. Nelson. Then also the 2 new apostles Gong and Soares, one is a Chinese-American and the other is from Brazil. I am glad to see some different culture in the apostles and know they will bring a lot to the table. Then I cleaned the kitchen and floors and went to Audrey’s house to watch the 2nd session because TJ was working. It was nice to catch up with her and play with Brady too! Then I went to dinner with my mom while the men were doing priesthood, then went home and edited. Super exciting stuff and one more month closer to meeting Baby! 
                              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays