End of an Incredible Year!


Started off the first day of December filming Sarah Clause Wedding. Sarah was my best friend from 4th-9th grade. She lived 5 houses down from me growing up, our birthdays are one day apart, we had the dame floor plan of house, same tile in our house and we played allll the time together. She even is the one who got me into volleyball in 8th grade. We went to the overnight ASU volleyball camp together and both fell in love with volleyball there. She had a lot more natural talent then me and progressed quickly but we still had so many good times together. I was SOO happy when she asked me to do her wedding because It had been so long since we seen each other and I was glad to be able to be apart of her wedding. The day was so perfect, it was cloudy, low stress and overall everything went so smooth and it was great to catch up with her. The next night we went to the Millenial Choir concert with my family and that was my first time attending and it was super good.
This following week I watched the Kleins while Kasey & Tyler went on their cruise. It was finals week for Lucas so he wasn't staying the night there with us since he was studying every night at our house. I cam down with a cold on Tuesday and being 10 weeks pregnant made it awful because you aren't supposed to take any medicine. So I wasn't getting any sleep because I was coughing all night, and just felt sooo terrible. Lucas came over to eat dinner Wednesday and I was laying on the couch resting and then he asked how I was feeling and I just started crying because I was so tired and feverish, and achey and stressed about getting this video done that had to be done by Friday. Lucas was shocked at my response and said just stay here and sleep I'll get dinner ready and entertain the girls. That little nap helped a little bit but I was still not feeling good. Butch and Delynn came over and Delynn got the girls all ready for bed and tucked in and then Lucas & Butch gave me a blessing. That night I slept a little bit longer and the next morning I wasn't so achey or feverish so I could at least function and continue editing this video that needed to be done soon. I felt bad I wasn't any fun for the girls for those 3 days but they at least understood and were really good at playing with each other.

Friday we FINALLY had our first doctor appointment to confirm we are pregnant. We got to have an ultrasound and it was so amazing to hear the heartbeat and see a little fetus squirming around in there. Everything felt so real now and I was glowing all day. That night we took the girls to get Pizza and then to see Santa. Afton of course was scared of Santa and made for good entertainment. 
We got done watching the girls Saturday morning and then that night we went to the Christmas Lights with some of Lucas classmates and that was fun to finally meet some of them! The following Monday we went to Audrey & TJ's to make gingerbread houses and I wanted to tell them we were pregnant SOOO bad that night since we were already there and then we didn't have to find an excuse to come over the following week to tell them. But Lucas was adamant about telling our siblings first before friends so I some how managed to not spill the secret.
 Luckily I haven't been sick at all or really acting different so its been easy to hide that I am pregnant because I am not acting much different, other than being super hungry all the time. Thursday we did a family date night and went to Shake Shack and then Illumination of Lights in Phoenix which is a drive thru light show. It was a good time being with family and doing something festive. The next day we did a wedding for a radio co-host Priscilla with 96.9 and I was a little nervous for the responsibility of capturing all of this because it has been talked about all year on the show and I knew they would be blasting it all over their Social media afterwards, but everything worked out smoothly and the day was really fun. Saturday we went to the Packards for their Christmas Party and again SO HARD to not tell them we are pregnant since the next day we would be telling Lucas' siblings. But the party was fun, great food and games as always. SUNDAY DECEMBER 17th the day we FINALLY tell the Bodine Siblings. I had been taking video all year long of family events and so that night we were having our Christmas dinner & talent show and our talent was revealing the " Bodine Year in Review Video" Everyone was loving the video and laughing at all the silly moments and then video "ended" and they all clapped and said YAY. Then another video starts playing and its the reaction of Butch & Delynn finding out we are pregnant and Kasey and Whitney turn around to me and say "ARE YOU SERIOUS?! IS THIS FOR REAL?!!" I nod my head and then Kelli screams and everyone was so excited and happy for us and totally surprised! I got a little teary eyed at seeing how excited everyone was and it felt so good to have the secret out and for them to all finally know. After that they were asking all the questions and they are bummed we aren't finding out the gender but still so happy for us. :)
So the next night we went to my parents house to do a gift exchange with Trennon & Cari Anne since they wouldn't be here for Christmas and after that I said I wanted them to watch the "Udall Year in Review" video. They were all excited and loved watching all the videos and then it ended and they all clapped then the video of mom and dad finding out were pregnant pops up. At first they were confused because they just see my mom opening a box and then freaking out. It took probably 10 seconds for Cari Anne & Bromley to catch on that she was freaking out in the video because whatever in the box was saying she was going to be a grandma. So they both start saying "I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!" Then Nanna was confused and then Bromley says she is pregnant and then she goes "SHE IS?" Then my mom screams and everyone got really excited and hugged us and Nanna started crying which never happens. She said she has been praying for a great grand child and soo happy she finally gets to be a Great Grandma. It felt so great to have them all know now and to all be excited for the first grandchild together! :)

That weekend we had the Udall Christmas party and it is always fun to see all the cousins and get together. The 23rd we ripped out some bushes in our yard to make it look nicer and that was a lot harder than I thought but worth it. Christmas Eve we had church and then that night went to the Milletts for dinner and the Nativity Scene and testimony meeting. It was a beautiful night to bring in the spirit for Christmas. Christmas morning we opened up our stockings and presents and I got a new rug for the family room, a certificate from Lucas for different services, post partum yoga pants, and some little items. Then we went to my parents for breakfast and opened up some gifts then took a break and went to Butch & Delynns to open our gifts and give them their presents. We went back to my parents house to finish opening gifts (because my mom went overboard) and I got some baby stuff, clothes, jewelry, and I am most excited about the Family Proclamation, Living Christ, Articles of Faith prints that Nanna gave us! That night we had Christmas dinner, played games, & watched a movie. It was a very nice, relaxing, Christmas and great to have Bromley here for it all. 
The 27th we hiked Piewsta Peak with Delyn & Jane then got Don Jose's afterwards and it was a great morning/afternoon spent. Then we rushed home to get all of our camera equipment so we could video Grandma Bodine's Life History and it was pretty entertaining because she is so forward and just says it how it is.

 The 28th I had 2 weddings I did both temple exits and then Lucas did one reception and I did the other. The 29th & 30th we were busy getting things organized and packed for Hawaii. New Years Eve we went to my parents house and played games with them and Audrey & TJ came and then we had a count down to midnight and Lucas ate his first piece of Chocolate that he had been without ALL YEAR! It was exciting to see him finally eat it and I can't believe he made it the whole year! Then my dad and brothers let off some fireworks and then we called it a night since we had to be at the airport at 6am for our flight. We slept at our parents house so we could get a few extra minutes of sleep and not be late. This year was so much fun, full of a lot of traveling, adventures, and then the best news of all, finding out were pregnant!! I am so grateful for all the Heavenly Father has blessed me with and can't wait to see what next year brings! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays