Vacations in July!

Yikes, Marriage has got me bad at blogging! I now finally feel caught up with life and its been 8 months! So my goal is to get the rest of they year blogged and accounted for! :) Beginning of July we went up to Pinegrove campsite with Butch & Delynn for 4th of July! We broke in our new tent, played farkle, attended the 4th of July Parade at Mormon Lake and then went to Snowbowl and took the chairlift up to the top! It's a spectacular view and then we got Hot Chocolate at the bottom & played some tetherball. My glory days of that in elementary school are definitely over. I got winded so easily!
On Sunday we went to church and in Happy Jack area and met up with Megynn & Johnathon and their crew of people who were staying at their cabin that weekend. The branch was so tiny and most people there were visitors but the testimony meeting was great! We then went back to Megynn's cabin and played games and had a great time there! 4th of July was on a Monday so after we cleaned the cabin just us and the Webb's went to Payson to eat dinner & watch the fireworks because there is no way we wanted to watch them back in the valley where its hot. It was a great weekend to get out of the heat and spend our first 4th of July together!

The next weekend I went on my first Bodine Girls Trip! We all piled into Kelli's tahoe and headed for La Jolla California. On the drive up there I realized I didn't bring PJ's because I was used to sleeping in my garments. So I texted Lucas and told him that and he said well that's awkward... I was so embarrassed and figured we could go to a store and I could buy some. Then about an hour or so later, Kasey brought up the topic of who was sleeping with who, and then she said I didn't bring PJ's so whoever is with my just has to deal with that. I blurted out, "I forgot PJ's too" and they all started dying laughing because they didn't know I was THAT comfortable with them yet. I explained I seriously just realized I forgot them and didn't plan on that. SoI claimed to sleep next to Kasey since she was so comfortable about it. Turns out Kelli & Whitney were the same and slept in their G's so I wasn't as embarrassed after all.


We got there around 11:30am and went to the beach to do our Kayak & snorkel excursion. It was sooo cold and we didn't see too much wildlife, but it was fun to do something active after sitting in the car for 6 hours. We then relaxed & fell asleep on the beach, went back to the place to clean up, and then grabbed dinner and went shopping at Ross. The next day we went to the San Diego Temple, which was my first time there and their celestial room is SOO pretty! I loved it. Then we grabbed lunch and rented bikes on Coronado island and rode around there.

Then took a break and chilled on the beach and I had a good heart to heart with Kasey! We then went and saw Tarzan at a very over priced movie theatre! Then called it an night! Sunday we attended Sacrament meeting, then drove home! It was a very fun filled trip and it was fun to see the sisters in this kind of atmosphere where they don't have their kids to worry about and can be more of their carefree goofy self! I feel super lucky to have married into a fun family with amazing sisters! 
The weekend after that Lucas and I did an UBER date which is something we had been wanting to do for long time. We drove to Scottsdale and got an Uber driver to pick us up and we asked him to take us to his favorite restaurant so he took us to The Roaring Fork and everything there was SUPER expensive so we got the cheapest thing on the menu. Then we got another Uber driver to pick us up and take us to his favorite dessert place which was the Sanctuary at Camelback! It was VERY nice with an incredible view and live music & we split a sorbet ice cream. It was a super fun date and kick started what we now have "The Date Bank" Youtube channel. :) Next was getting ready for Trennon & Cari Anne's wedding which was July 21st! I feel like I didn't do much to help, but the wedding day was VERY hot, (as expected) little stressful but a beautiful sealing and great dance party! So happy my brother found an incredible woman and glad to have another sister! 

Then 2 days laterI headed to California with my parents! My mom had it for 2 weeks so I went up early with them and we did pilates while we were there, and then the beach A LOT, and a few movies. I thought I would of been fine and not super homesick for Lucas but I was WRONG! I missed him a lot. The week couldn't have gone by any faster! Terry came back up with my dad Thursday, then Audrey and TJ arrived that night, then Mckayli and Jackson got there Friday morning, then Lucas got there Friday night. (Finally) So Friday during the day I played with Audrey and TJ on the beach and they told me they were PREGNANT! I was so happy for them, but kind of bummed because that means things will change for us but its what need to happen and hopefully we wont be too far along after them! The rest of the day I was just asking a million questions and probably annoyed the heck out of them but oh well! Late Friday night, Lucas finally arrived and I was SOO excited! :) We shared a room with Audrey and TJ so we chatted with them pretty late! 
Saturday was a jammed back day since its the only full beach day Lucas had with Audrey & TJ there too. 
SO we played lots of beach games, Mckayli and Jackson joined for a bit too before Talia's reception. It was so much fun and wish Audrey and TJ could off stayed longer! Sunday we went to church, played games, chatted, the usual. Terry, Mckayli, & Jackson left Sunday which was needed so we could have room for Trennon and Cari Anne who got there Sunday afternoon from their Honeymoon. Monday, TJ & Audrey left and then it was just the 6 of us, which I will finish in August since were in August! :)
                                  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays