Rad Events in AZ

Trennon turned 22 this year and Sunday night the day before his birthday he says, "Hey wanna go skydiving tomorrow for my birthday?" I was hesitant and tried thinking of an excuse cause I didn't want to spend the money, but before I could say, "I shouldn't", he said "don't even tell me you can't afford it, I can look up your accounts at work and I know you can afford it" So he pretty much answered for me and I was sucked into going Skydiving with him. I am so glad I was able to do something adventurous with him to celebrate. It was scarier than when I did it in Hawaii, because I could see the ground the whole time during this free fall. But its such a cool experience and can't wait for the next location!
  April was a fun/chill month and I was able to get a lot of editing done! Arizona had two events that some friends I and I participated in and they were a blast! The first was the Color Obstacle Rush in Phoenix and there was 10 of us that did it and our team name was Straight Off the Couch. This 5k race was a color run with 9 obstacles throughout the course. It was so much fun to have color being thrown at us throughout the course and then the obstacles were a nice way to break up the running. At the end we had a dance party and went nuts with throwing the color up in the air. That was the best part of the whole thing! You can check out the highlight video HERE
 The following week there was Slide the City in Fountain Hills. It was a 1000 ft. slip n slide that was a BLAST! Our whole group charged down the middle for all 3 runs and ended up with some crazy crashes at the bottom. One day we want to be able to somehow get our own slip n slide that long and ride it as much as we want and not have to wait in line for 2 hours! (No video for this one yet, i'll get to it eventually).
Last week of April I got to play mom for baby Bronson. I had this busy boy all day for 9 days and he sure kept me on my feet. I don't know how you young mommas do it, but it was great practice for the future and I sure miss his morning snuggles. 
 One video story here: so I was on call for 5 days for a birth story, and at 10:30pm on night the mom says she was dilated to a 7 so the doctor said she should be ready to push in about 2 hours. I arrive to the hospital at 11:45pm thinking I timed it great. I get into the room and she said she was still at a 7. I was a little disappointed to hear that, but hoped she would progress really fast somehow. I videoed all the pre-birth stuff for about an hour and she still was at a 7. I decided to lay down on the bench and sleep until she got to a 10. I slept for 8 hours and 8:30am the next day she finally was dilated to a 10. I was excited that it was go time and to get this baby out. She pushed for about 2 hours and then the baby finally came out, but he wasn't breathing. This moment was supposed to be exciting and joyous and it turned into a stressful & scary one instead. I was told to turn the camera off, so I did and just stood there waiting and watching while the NICU team worked on getting this babe to breath. I felt so useless and scared for the outcome, but praying for the best. I think it was after about 4 minutes, (a LONG 4 minutes) I finally saw his chest go up and down. I let out a sigh of relief and was so grateful they got him breathing. After he was more stable they let the mom hold him and I was able to do my job and capture the first moments of her holding her baby boy. I was able to get shots of them in the NICU and stuff so the video turned out fine, but it made me rethink whether I want to continue doing this. I know I need to, because these videos make the families so happy, but it was such a crazy and scary thing to go through and I now pray for healthy baby deliveries for the future.

April was a great, fun filled month, and next post will be all about New York! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays