Complete Again!
Where the heck did May & June go? Summer is half way over and it's sad but at the same time I cannot wait for July, California and Hawaii cannot come soon enough. Yeah you read that right I am GOING BACK TO VISIT HAWAII!!! I just miss my best friends Jessica & Whitney too much and so does Kylee, Diane, Bri, & Haley so we all decided we are going to hop on a cheap Allegiant plane ride and go party with them!! I can hardly contain my excitement its going to be the best vacation. So what have I been up to lately? Everyone thinks I am just living it up being unemployed and hanging out all day... well that is False. I wish my life slowed down since losing my job... but that is not the case. My video stuff is taking off like I never imagined. I finally put in the time and effort to get a website up and going, business cards, and such. I am now getting lots of STRANGERS asking me to do their weddings. Crazy and scary all at the same time but its been fun! So yeah my brother is home from his mission!! Felt like that day would never come and now that its over, these past 2 years just seem like a blur. Anyways we got the house already and prepared for his arrival with signs and posters and we got to the airport and his flight was 30 minutes early and it just landed when we got there. So we only waited about 15 minutes before we saw his fancy sombrero come walking down. What a crazy feeling it was to see him before our eyes. Like he was actually in ARIZONA. So my mom hugged him for too long and I couldn't wait any longer and just ran up to them and hugged with them while my Dad and Bromley joined us too. He was shocked at how huge Bromley had gotten which we expected. Anyways it was just so great to see him and the missionary glow he had with him. After everyone was done visiting we went to Chipotle and his first bite was quite funny, he was in heaven.

Then we went to the PHX temple since Dad has the hook ups and we got to take a tour through it and although its not done there was enough to see and appreciate! We can't wait to go back once all the furniture is in place and take friends there! Throughout the day we were loving just listening to Trennon's stories and experiences since he didn't share many through his e-mails. We couldn't get enough of it. He then was set apart and that was a very neat experience to hear some of the lessons he learned and the Stake President made him tell all of us what he loved about us. The whole meeting was a very bitter sweet experience because as a missionary you know he was protected, doing so much good, and had such a great countenance with him, and knowing what he is coming back into and trying to adjust back to this crazy life, is scary and I was scared for him. But he has been adjusting pretty well a little awkward here and there but its funny to just laugh at the silly things he does and says.
We were trying to keep him busy so we tagged along on the first day of Girls Camp and went to Flagstaff Extreme Ropes Course and we conquered all 5 levels! The last level was a beast but soooo worth it! I can't wait to do it again someday!
Then we have been playing lots of volleyball together and then we went to CALIFORNIA! Mom and Dad had tickets for Lionel Richie concert soooo we got dragged along. We stayed on the Palmers boat in San Diego and played on the beach in Coronado Island all day and played some pick up sand vball go sunburned, ate good food and what not.

The next day we kind of stayed out of the Sun and went to Balboa Park and we came across a bunch of people playing ping pong and there was this one guy... who literally took 15 seconds in his pre serve ritual and it was HILARIOUS. I could watch him for hours because he thought he was so good! But the serve wasn't even hard. So we all definitely were entertained for a half hour with these serious ping pong players! That night was the concert and it was actually good! Lionel was a good entertainer and Trennon and I throughly enjoyed watching old people try to get down with their dance moves!

The following week I helped out at Time To Blossom which is a a girls conference in Mesa that focuses on building confidence for young woman. I compare it to EFY but without the boys. It is an AMAZING program that I hope to continue to work and help out with for a long time. I have never seen so many teenage girls SO nice to each other. They were all going out of their way to make sure everyone was included and just being over the top friendly and just being themselves. I was blown away with all the speakers and workshops that were held. They really did touch all the girls in some way or another and made these young woman leave with confidence, and a stronger testimony of the gospel. What was my role there all week? Well I was an assistant to one of the co-founders (Carla) and was there to help with games, getting things organized, setting up food, getting the girls on and off the buses, and then I was following Carla's niece (who isn't a member) with the camera so I can do a documentary of her experience and how TTB can change girls lives in hopes to show sponsors to get more money for the program. Overall I LOVED working with all the woman who helped put it together and it was a joy learning from Elaine S. Dalton as well. :)

So yeah unemployment life is great, I have been able to go to the lake, volunteer more, get my video business up and rolling and bring "Joy" (got that?) to many people through videos whether it be their wedding day, missionary homecoming, promotional videos, love stories, documentaries, it's really been so amazing to develop this talent and take it to the next level. Ohhh an update on Nanna and Papa... they went to church for the past 3 weeks and my Nanna is reading the BOM and is loving what she is learning and I think she is close to committing to getting baptized! :) I am so grateful for their willingness to learn about the gospel and I hope they will be able to continue to recognize the spirit and feelings they are having right now!
Ohh and if you haven't seen Trennons Homecoming video yet.... do it here! www.vimeo.com/joyfilmz/elderudall

Comments
Post a Comment