2014

Well almost a month down of the new year and it has been exciting! My new big girl job is treating me well and I really enjoy working here! I love this industry and all the perks that come along with the job. All our vendors and clients spoil us and bring us good food & services. I am defintiley concerned I am going to gain weight here if I don't learn how to say no, or not eat everything that is in front of my face.

Well 2 weeks ago  I got to go to the Coyotes Hockey Game because a vendor restaurant invited us and we got to eat really good food out on the balcony and then sit in the coyotes club seats! My sidekick for the night was Dustin and we had a blast cheering the players on and hockey is now one of his new favorite sports to watch. We won 6-0 and it was a time well spent! Other shenanigans that have happened this month are I videoed the Tippets Wedding, my mom videoed a missionary homecoming at the airport and I edited it all and I loved how it turned out!! I could definitely get used to doing more of those!
I had this brilliant idea (so I thought) to start this game with my mom's life size panda that she has had for 30 years! My parents were going to give it away to goodwill or whatever but I had other plans in store for its life. I gathered some friends and we wrote a ransom note saying:
Then we got it into my car with Megynn under it and we drove it to a friends house and dropped it off there in hopes that they would start the game and pass it along to another home. Well this group of boys has not played along yet and it's still sitting at their house. Kind of disappointed that this great idea did not take off like I wanted :( But maybe they are just waiting for the right moment. I thought it would be so cool to have this thing travel all over and go viral. So I will just wait patiently to see what happens.

Last weekend was the 3 day long AZYSA Conference. This had been in the planning for a whole year and was absolutely incredible. First of all Traci Beagley texted me the Tuesday before asking if I knew anyone that had an extra ticket to sit in Gammage for her investigator friend Jayme to come. I obviously did not since everyone was looking for them, but a miracle happened 20 minutes later and my friend Anne Blaser, who was supposed to come down from Utah for the conference, couldn't any more and asked if I knew anyone that would need a ticket! I quickly responded YES!!! We got it all squared away and Jayme now had a ticket! Traci thought it would be good to come over and meet Jayme before the actual conference. I gathered up the troops to head over there the Thursday before and we all got a long great, talking around the fire, roasting churros, playing pickle ball and getting to know Jayme better. We were excited to see what this weekend had in store and we're all hoping and praying Jayme would have a positive and spiritual experience. After we hung out at the Beagley's I brought Megynn, Kelsey, Nate, and Alexis back to my house to clean my brothers room and get it ready for some strangers to stay the night at my house for the next two nights. Yes you read that right! There were 2 girls who were from El Paso Texas that posted on FB that they needed a place to stay cause they were coming down for the conference. I jumped on it and offered up my brothers room. Needless to say my friends are amazing for helping me clean the room and bathroom for the unknown guests that would be staying there.
 Anyways, Friday night Elder Holland was supposed to come speak to us and we were all stoked out of our minds and then we got the e-mail around 2:00pm saying that he had an emergency assignment he had to leave for and could no longer come. I was so disappointed because I had been waiting for this night to come for 4 months now! They rearranged the schedule and Sheri Dew was now speaking along with the LeSeuers who are the new Gilbert Temple President and Matron. They of course all did great and there were points made by them that were applicable and what I needed to hear! After the fireside we went to Gay bar Tacos and converted the Birtchers, Neela, Lana, Megynn, & Jayme to them and now have 6 more fans!
 Saturday morning we were privileged to hear from Vai Sikahema, Michael Crow, and Thurl Bailiey for the morning session . All three of them were outstanding and had some great stories, and talked about being an everyday missionary, using your brain which is an amazing gift we have, and recognizing those who can help you reach your full potential and doing the same for them. The afternoon we had workshops and I went to listen to the sports guys, Andrew Skinner who is a scriptorian genius and talked about the final hours of Christ's Life and it was pretty incredible to learn more about the symbolism and doctrine of those last few hours. The last speakers in our block were Christian and Stephanie Nielson who are the plane crash survivors. I love hearing them speak and seeing the faith they still have to continue to move forward and make the best out of this life, even though they have so many set backs and went through a terrible trial. We then did a service project and ate burritos for dinner before the evening general session took place. We were so fortunate enough to hear from Mitt & Ann Romney. Ann told us of her conversion story and Mitt talked about being successful through the Lord's standards. Love loved  loved it! Then they had a concert where the Linford Twins sang and proposed to their girlfriends after their song and it totally was a shock and got everyone on their feet cheering for them to say yes! Pretty funny and threw everyone for a surprise. Then Brooke White got on stage and rocked it and had people awkwardly dancing throughout the theatre which was probably more entertaining to watch. Then Alex Boye came on and brought the house down. WOW is he an amazing performer. I don't know how someone has so much energy non stop! He even got Mitt Romney up on stage to do the Gangman Style dance. It was pretty stinkin hilarious! I wish he could of performed longer but I enjoyed his performance a lot and would want to try and see him again. Then it was time to DANCE. Megynn, Kelsey and I hit the hip hop room first and may have gotten a little crazy when our favorite song "Get Outta Yo Mind" came on, and we definitely woke up with a sore neck... but it was worth it! I love having Megynn home to dance with. We just get each other and can pretty much read each others mind and anticipate what move to do next when it comes to dancing.
                                        
Sunday they held sacrament in Gammage as well and all the speakers were wonderful and it was a great way to end the 3 day conference. We had waffles afterwards at the Birtcher's house and they convinced me to try it with sour cream on it with the fruit and syrup. I was disgusted at the thought of it and refused to try it. But I gave in and it was actually really good and kind of hard to admit that I liked it. Overall the good news is the 6 of us are all still friends and we still hang out and didn't get sick of each other after being together for almost 3 days straight!

This month I also started up institute council again and 5 of us showed up Monday morning ready for our meeting and after seeing no one else was there I re-read the email and our meeting was WEDNESDAY!! Boy I was so mad I had to wake up that early for nothing! But I guess it just prepared me to be ready to wake up early twice a week for this semester because Brother Calton asked me to be the Vice President of Institute. Just when I thought I was doing enough, the Lord put another opportunity in front of me to push myself and grow in new ways. I am excited for this extra addition to institute council and know the lessons and principles I will learn in this leadership role will be beneficial for my growth, and hopefully I can be an instrument to his work in bringing others to know of Christ and his unconditional love he has for every single one of us. Goodness I love this Gospel so much and am just overwhelmed with how much the Lord has blessed me in my life. I am excited for this new year and all that He has in store for me. I feel good things a comin! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays