Valentines Day Ain't so Bad When You're Single

One of my biggest pet peeves is when single people hate and bash on Valentines day! Its so unnecessary  I am happy those who have a significant other can take a holiday to celebrate their love! For me, I get to enjoy candy, food, and offering my service of babysitting so those in love can go out and celebrate!  I got lucky enough to watch the Beagley kids on valentines day! On the way to their house they BEGGED me to take them to Dutch Bros to get hot chocolate and I am a succor and want the kids to think I am the cool, fun, babysitter, so I caved in and got them their fun little hot chocolates. Then of course after they take a few sips Drew pulls the whole, "oh woops, I just remembered my mom said we are not allowed to have these because they have sugar in it" and Kaitlyn joins in and says, "oh yeah, we can only have this occasionally". So I respond with, "Guys you purposefully planned that because you know I'm not going to make you throw them away after I already bought them,". These kids know how to play the game and get what they want, then try and act innocent after. Ha that's why I LOVE them. So we get home and the uncles cars are there so we thought it would be fun to heart attack their cars. We cut a bunch of hearts out, stuck them all over, lifted up all their windshield wipers, and put down their tailgates as a "prank", they learn this stuff from their dad. It was then crunch time to get their valentines all done before bed! We had like an assembly line going on to get them done, Kaitlyn is the most creative and hard working 11 year old I have ever met and goes above and beyond in everything she does. Future Relief Society General President right here!  Anyways that was a good way to spend valentines. Friday I babysat for the Dahl's so they could go out and I can't believe how old theses kids are now! I started babysitting for them when I was 14!!! I'm 22 now (in a 4 days) 8 years is a LONG time with a family, I mean the twins were 6 months old when I started with them and have been there since Bryson was born obviously and enjoyed the short year and half I had with sweet little Lexie. I feel like these kids are mine. I don't want to ever stop babysitting them. One thing I hate about babysitting at their place is they ALWAYS have so much junk food. Its torture. Friday they had Barro's Pizza, Cheese Bread, Homemade cupcakes, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Brownies, and Chocolate Covered strawberries. I caved in and had some stuff but then i went to the fridge and started chowing down on carrots and celery and a PB&J to fill me up so I wouldn't go back to the goods. 

Saturday I went to the Renaissance Festival with John and we both hadn't been there since like 6th grade so it was interesting to see it now that we understand all the crude humor. haha It was fun though we did a tomato throw, archery, watched the Jousting tournament which was very cool! They are SO in to it. Saw a couple other shows and were entertained with the random talents throughout! We then went to Waffle House since I have never been there and have heard so much about how ghetto it is and what not I wanted to experience it! It was not THAT bad and the waffle was actually good! We then went out to the YSA Desert Dancing thing and had a good time dancing and seeing old friends! The rest of the week nothing exciting has happened.

 Monday speed dating for FHE and had a HUGE turn out. Wednesday Is my long day in PHX and luckily I have made 2 really good friends Brittany and Taika and we were at Starbucks doing HW and the topic of temples came up and they were asking tons of  questions and I LOVED answering them and sharing a little bit about a place I hold so dear to my heart. They are so funny too, they told me they try so hard not to swear when they are around me and when Taika accidently swore she was like I AM SOOO SORRY and then Brittany got on her case. I just laughed because they think I will like never hang out with them if they slip every once in a while. I reassured them that isn't the case. They are great though, I love that I didn't even have to ask them to not swear around me... they just noticed I don't swear and respect me and are making the conscious effort to make it a comfortable environment for me.

I love that I get to be around non-lds people all day! Its so great!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September First Camping Trip with Myla

Now What?

October Beginning of Holidays